No anticheat in new patch-Im out

Comments

• Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm astonished that the server side hit authentication doesn't validate x,y,z coordinates. That in itself would slam the noclip cheats.
  • hussotters
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PauIoCosta wrote: »
    Cheat infestation

I edited your post as you are advertising those sites.

BTW replace bf1 with any other title and they all have a slew of sites listed.

Provide links listing cheat sites again and you won't be posting

Yes but the major difference between other games and BF1 is a working client side anti-cheat. There is currently a cheat out that won't ever get detected by FF. By not acting against such in the form of a client scanner ac, EA are in a sense supporting cheating and breaching their own TOS! Other games would have detected such a cheat long ago. Over 10 thousand have downloaded this cheat alone and are playing away knowing they won't get caught. Is that acceptable in a AAA game that is supposedly setting the bar? I think not. "Not many cheaters" you say... "haven't seen a cheater in the 300hrs i've been playing".... what a load of rubbish!! BF1 is riddled and of course we can't post any evidence!

The lack of action towards the current level of cheating in BF1 is nothing short of appalling. It's destroying a great game with potential had the RSP been setup properly for communities and clans.

Without a proper working clientside ac in BF1 the game will be abandoned soon enough and the plummeting numbers are proof of that.

What we have now is an environment full of hackusations, unfairness in the gameplay through undetected exploits and a large rift between the community and the game company. This would have been addressed by now in another title. I feel hugely let down as a premium battlefield veteran and can understand the level of frustration and disappointment being conveyed through the forums. The game itself is fantastic and a masterpiece but it simply has to have a clientside ac, followed by a community focused RSP. This needed to happen in the February patch.

Excellent post, the anti-cheat in this game is woeful. Just had a long run of dreadful matches with the type of cheating you can look up on youtube / hack sites, it was not even remotely fun. This game will die like Battlefront did if they don't do something soon, fairfight just isn't good enough, and giving out 1 week bans for people caught hacking is pathetic.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    MHbluey wrote: »
    Ubisoft could see through how poor it was and had the common sense to introduce real anti cheat.
    And it still only gets a small percentage of cheaters. Client side anti cheats don't work any better.

thick as a brick

Nope. Have experience with many anti cheats. Punkbuster banned a lot of players, yet every day there were tons of cheaters (still to this day in bf4). Speaking of thick.

okay I will indulge you. Suggest a positive solution to the problem.
  • ColonelCuckold
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If i ever buy future first person shooters itll be for console and I'll play with keyboard and mouse
  • Gigabyte9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    hussotters wrote: »

Excellent post, the anti-cheat in this game is woeful. Just had a long run of dreadful matches with the type of cheating you can look up on youtube / hack sites, it was not even remotely fun. This game will die like Battlefront did if they don't do something soon, fairfight just isn't good enough, and giving out 1 week bans for people caught hacking is pathetic.

They give out the week ban because of how flawed the anticheat is. Since Fairfight analyses statistics, it can never be truly 100% certain that someone is cheating. Of course, it can be say 99.9% certain in many cases (e.g rage hackers) though the subtle cheaters can easily mix in with legitmate players.

To build upon that what protection does this game have against ESP/wallhacks? How does Fairfight combat them? What statistics can you use to reliably identify a wallhacker?

The truth is that hack developers and users have little concern over software detection due to the absence of a client sided anticheat. In other games there is a feeling (however small) that the hack could become detected at anytime and unleash a banwave for all the people who inject it into the game whilst it's detected. With Fairfight that isn't a concern. The attitude is that as long as you're careful and don't make it obvious, you can easily blend in and have a pretty good chance at never being caught. Fairfight is not effective as a standalone anticheat.

False positives are also a problem which Dice refuses to acknowledge and frustratingly cheating is still common in the game.

• Gigabyte9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    hussotters wrote: »

It gives out a 1 week suspension due to how flawed the anticheat is. Due to the fact that it detects cheaters by statistical analyses, it can never be 100% certain if someone is cheating. Of course, it can be 99.9% sure in many cases (e.g rage hackers) though the subtle cheaters can easily mix in with the rest of the game population and have no fear over possible software detection. As long as you use mild settings you can easily blend in with the crowd. This "guessing" of who is a cheater or not based on whatever statistics they have can then cause some legitimate players to be caught in the crossfire.

In other games with a client sided anticheat there is always a fear (however small) that the hack could become detected. If it became detected there would be a banwave on everyone who injected that hack into the game while it was detected, even if you only used it for 10 seconds. It would not only remove a portion of cheaters but it would also spread distrust over that hack vendor. Fairfight doesn't do that. Fairfight just bans those who have set off multiple statistical triggers. Instead the attitude amongst cheaters is that as long as you use sensible settings and do not make it obvious, then chances are you might never become banned.

Then there is the issue with wallhacking/ESP. How can Fairfight reliably detect a wallhacker? What statistics would it use?
    Post edited by Gigabyte9 on
  • 0pt3r
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2017
    Apparently people who put southpark characters as their forum avatars are quitters.

Cheating has been around and will be around. The "amount" of cheating I've seen on this game isn't that bad tbh. Just jump servers and lock it up.
  • Gigabyte9
    edited February 2017
    IAcousticI wrote: »
    Yes I think it's time to give up to pc multiplayer games. The amount of cheating has gone to far especially with no real anti-cheat program to check files... Eat me Dice and EA... You two are truly the worst money grabbing pile of S... H.... I... T....

Multiplayer PC gaming is fine still, it's just that Dice neglected appropriate protection in this particular game.

I remember hacks being easily available back in Half Life 1 or COD 1 and even before then.

Edit: Posted 2 comments about Fairfight and it's flaws previously in this thread which have vanished with no reason why. Can't be bothered to retype, though I suspect they were removed. The posts did not brake the forum rules.

Post edited by Gigabyte9 on
  • TastyBlack
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    0pt3r wrote: »
    Apparently people who put southpark characters as their forum avatars are quitters.
    Cheating has been around and will be around. The "amount" of cheating I've seen on this game isn't that bad tbh. Just jump servers and lock it up.
    This ^
    The Hackusations going on in this game are rediculous! It's SOO not as bad as people in this forum make it out to be. "OMG you killed me and I did not see you, Hacker!"
    There is not a Multi game out there that is cheat free no matter what anti cheat they use. Overwatch even. Plenty of cheat complaints in their forums as well.
  • Edesktopgold
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    people have already stopped playing bf1 cause its old , 5 out of 6 hacusations i do turn out obviously true by end of round and next . not sure what to say other than i love bf games wish they would sell the bf series to someone who cares , finaly there are at least 5 cheaters every game
  • purius
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Chinese cheaters every where after Mr.Trump became president.
    Wonder why
  • ISShadowI
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wabbits wrote: »
    FYI- You can't stop cheaters on PC. It is impossible, maybe try console?

We can't cure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ either, but make it better to live with.

Yet there is an anti cheat that regularly bans people. I am failing to understand the point of this thread.

show me the hack website forum where people have posted bans please then we talk , untill then dont even go there , start undermining people because what they state is true in a way , if you fail to understand the point of the thread why comment at all ,

here let me show you some REAL STATS of actual evidence im logged into a hack forum right now you know the one everyone knows not the unknown one the one where modders dump all there rubbish

ok Tonys hack the old version had Views: 38,917 on this one website and had 4723 Downloads right lets take this for a GREAT BIG EXAMPLE To show you that are BLIND
    not fogetting there is another new hack by the same tony dude that is already downloaded on this website over 300 times its only been out a few hours i think or a day but what ever , ok On the same forum there is a thread Called
    Ban Discussion For BF1 Internal [version number old one] ok this thread has 4 replys all not people that are banned and 450 views this is the only thread on that forum and it isnt 'cleaned' like devs pretend or mods pretend to talk about , write something there yourself it be there next week ,
    i will i dont care , now thats the example right there ,

5000 people 500 likes 5000 downloads and guess what 1 ban thread with 4 comments .. yeah mate antihack is working so good at catching them trial superman accounts ,

dont pull the wool over peoples eyes with a cover up with sarcastic comments , if you cant see the point of the thread now maybe you need to research some more yourself

i for one can completely understand why he his leaving and its sad to see people leave but this the way we can change the game , good luck OP

or do what i do , dump the guns for the planes and tanks

Fairfight doesn't work like you want it to do so.. it bans cheaters daily and handles it well.. they don't display any of this besides the in-game message you get about someone being banned.. they don't do what PB does in terms of posting it on a website for the public to view.. no sir. and the only reason DICE/EA doesn't mention when they update or implement a new anticheat is because they want as less information the hackers can go off of so many can get banned. it's common damn sense.. and some of you i would put money on the table today.. that some of you are just mad players who aren't that good and complain about a good player daily.. I've only seen one hacker in my time in BF1 and he got banned shortly after i seen him.. plenty of footage of him was on youtube and many reports.. simple.
  • TKG-Odzmaker
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    tstang79 wrote: »
    I just ran into someone with a damage reduction cheat. I hit him 4 times with the gewer sniper and each hit registered 14 damage. This was from about 50 meters. So I stood up and ran at him hoping he would kill me so I could report him but sadly he got the bayonet.

you sure he wasn't "Elite" class ? I'm pretty sure he was .
  • eggfarts1220
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PuRePIaY wrote: »
    All you kids saying things like bye you wont be missed is why EA/DICE will not fix this cheating.. How about standing up for something you don't agree with for a change.

This absolutely nailed it!
  • imdistorted
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    purius wrote: »
    Chinese cheaters every where after Mr.Trump became president.
    Wonder why

as if, your an idiot for thinking such things. Trump the BF god, yeah right
  • imdistorted
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    Netranger9 wrote: »
    IMO dice/ea has had more than enough time to implement a system that stops these subhuman rockcrawlers being able to cheat.They have failed miserably.I said I was out if no anticheat was implemented in the next patch,as it has not been done,Im uninstalling this game and never buying anything from the bf series again.Later peeps.

There never was going to be. If you thought they were going to shoehorn another anticheat in to the game, you're pretty naive. Goodbye. You won't be missed.

How predictable.
    Your caustic, loathsome posts certainly wouldn't be missed. Try implementing some of the maturity you so often shout about possessing. If you don't know how, try emulating the younger members that display civility and developed social skills.

Please continue with the self degradation and embarrassment that you're oblivious too. It gives the rest of us comparable parity.

Mind your business stalker.

Stalker, yeah right clown. You have been a forum troll under like 35 names since BF4 alone. So Jimny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ off. You act like someone of respect. Your nothing but a forum troll like you were under BF4 and Bf3 forums. We see your history. Your the stalker actually. Fixated on posts so you can be the expert, but your far from it SON as you always say. LOL
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm done with BF1. Went back to BF4 and there was nobody setting off my cheat detector, and I think it's actually the better game. Suits me more than BF1 anyway. Was thinking about getting a PS4 Pro to play BF1, but there's really no point.
  • BigF33t_13
    6837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Ubisoft could see through how poor it was and had the common sense to introduce real anti cheat.
    And it still only gets a small percentage of cheaters. Client side anti cheats don't work any better.

thick as a brick

Nope. Have experience with many anti cheats. Punkbuster banned a lot of players, yet every day there were tons of cheaters (still to this day in bf4). Speaking of thick.

okay I will indulge you. Suggest a positive solution to the problem.

Active admins able to kick and ban from servers (now available), along with whatever anti cheat. Pick whichever anti cheat out of a hat. Alone, they are all about as effective. Beyond that, it's hard to find a positive solution. Every game going back to the original Unreal Tournament had cheating problems.
  • wabbits
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IAcousticI wrote: »
    Yes

see u next week