No anticheat in new patch-Im out

Comments

• Mikhailovitch
    364 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    That doesn't mean they won't add another layer of anti-cheat in the future, either self made or partner with a 3rd party anti-cheat developer other than BattlEye (like EasyAntiCheat), or expand FF's anti-cheat capabilities.

1.You have to keep in mind that the Battlefield PC community represents a rather tiny percent of EA's customer base, so whether or not we are ultimately happy with their product is not really all that important to them -- especially since by this point those that are going to buy the game have pretty much already bought it, so the return on investment of introducing a new anti-cheat in an attempt to attract a few more PC players is unlikely to be worth the time or money that such a move would take.
    2. In short, the PC players are small potatoes, we're not worth the trouble, and they've already got our money. They can just take that bonus 30 million dollars or so that they sucked out of us PC players and just laugh all the way to the bank, chuckling at what suckers we all were for buying a pig in a poke.
    3. Ultimately, I place the blame for our current peccadillo on the game reviewers, both the corporates and Youtubers; it's understandable and even entirely predictable that a money-hoovering machine like EA would be willing to throw a small segment of their customer base to the wolves in the name of cadging out a few extra million, but there is simply no excuse for not even (afaik) one of the game's initial reviewers mentioning the total lack of a client-side AC or admin control for the PC crowd.
    4. And, really, I blame the Youtubers more than anyone else; the bought and paid for crowd over at places like gamespot or ign are going to be pretty predictably corrupt, but you'd figure that at least a few of the bigger Tubers might have sacked up and mentioned the coming storm before we all plonked down our hard earned green.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thing is, BF is a franchise. Maybe they saved some money this time around with the lack of more effective client side AC, but it's probably going to come back to haunt them if/when they release a new BF game. I'm certainly not going to buy another BF game on PC unless it has a proven and reliable AC. Maybe EA/Dice won't care. Maybe the next game won't even be released on PC. All anyone can do is decide for themselves whether or not they want to play BF1 on PC, and chalk up the money already spent as a lesson learned.
  • WildheartWeasel
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do understand that the PC community is smaller, but also that they have the longevity, as from my friends with consoles they tend to play games for a few months , then something else comes out, but with the PC they tend to play for a lot longer, BF4 still going strong now, amongst other games. I was personally playing farcry for a few years after release with a big community around that.
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    Thing is, BF is a franchise. Maybe they saved some money this time around with the lack of more effective client side AC, but it's probably going to come back to haunt them if/when they release a new BF game. I'm certainly not going to buy another BF game on PC unless it has a proven and reliable AC. Maybe EA/Dice won't care. Maybe the next game won't even be released on PC. All anyone can do is decide for themselves whether or not they want to play BF1 on PC, and chalk up the money already spent as a lesson learned.

next game will be released with "brand new and original anti cheat solution" or PR stunt of similar kind. With no details whatsoever.
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Next Game will be Console-Exclusive like Bad Company 1.
  • iiBiizzaa
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Played one game today and just left it first game in a week had aimbot 102-6 and I think it was just a free for all with no recoil on the automatico. Fairfight is failing hard
  • produc3
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    I've personally seen at least one or two people in this thread who I bumped into personally who were absolutely adamant I was cheating... which leads me to wonder how 'legitimate' the issue is (I am alright, but I am hardly a 'blatant' hacker).

I've heard there's some hacking in Conquest, but I have yet to see anymore than ONE hacker in Domination which I've played more or less exclusively in my 80 or so hours so far.

Back in the day, and even quite recently until BF1's launch, Domination / TDM in BF4 guaranteed that I ran into at least 3-4 indisputable hackers in a week.

Now I don't want to draw any firm conclusions based on anecdotes be they mine or others, but guys take a breather and think. The game has a lot of problems besides hackers, and this is a new game you're learning. Couldn't it be that your muscle memory/aim-in-general has yet to adjust to the new game? Or that you simply haven't adapted well in general to the new game? Or that the game itself has wonky gun mechanics that you haven't gotten used to?
  • DebugMyCode
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Idea.. at the end of a game (leaderboard) tick people you played with that you know are trustworthy or enjoyed playing with(not against). Players earn a trust rating and get to play with others with the same trust rating. Only players that have good trust ratings / amount of hours can be allowed to vote on others. or.............every player gets presented 5 random names of other players at the end of game, add the points that way. Only a few sore loosers claim good players to be hackers so that would balance itself out..the real obvious cheaters would get such terrible ratings after few games.
  • RRedux
    743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Does anyone know if TOT1 is basically a cheater community? Saw lots of them in a server, and they were speaking openly about one of them cheating.

He knew where everyone was, and was running around 2 shotting people with the m1911.

I guess since there is no real risk of being caught when using a wallradar and a subtle aimbot, that they don't bother hiding it anymore....
  • cossgt87
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    RRedux wrote: »
    Does anyone know if TOT1 is basically a cheater community? Saw lots of them in a server, and they were speaking openly about one of them cheating.

He knew where everyone was, and was running around 2 shotting people with the m1911.

I guess since there is no real risk of being caught when using a wallradar and a subtle aimbot, that they don't bother hiding it anymore....

Thats when games die.. when so many are cheating its just a given and people don't even bother to hide it.
  • Mikhailovitch
    364 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've personally seen at least one or two people in this thread who I bumped into personally who were absolutely adamant I was cheating... which leads me to wonder how 'legitimate' the issue is (I am alright, but I am hardly a 'blatant' hacker).

I've heard there's some hacking in Conquest, but I have yet to see anymore than ONE hacker in Domination which I've played more or less exclusively in my 80 or so hours so far.

Back in the day, and even quite recently until BF1's launch, Domination / TDM in BF4 guaranteed that I ran into at least 3-4 indisputable hackers in a week.

Now I don't want to draw any firm conclusions based on anecdotes be they mine or others, but guys take a breather and think. The game has a lot of problems besides hackers, and this is a new game you're learning. Couldn't it be that your muscle memory/aim-in-general has yet to adjust to the new game? Or that you simply haven't adapted well in general to the new game? Or that the game itself has wonky gun mechanics that you haven't gotten used to?

1. Yeah, mediocre players are going to make hackusations no matter what the game, and as any experienced player can tell you it's almost a rite of initiation when such insults start to get tossed in your direction; when a legit player starts attracting the haxor label on the regular, then he knows that he's finally gotten good at the game.
    2. That said, the number of cheat downloads on the various hacking forums is so far into the red zone that they've practically broken the warning needle; literally tens of thousands of hack downloads that I can see just from perusing a few of these forums, which means that we've got (as compared to most other fps games) a simply huge proportion of our players that have downloaded and are (presumably) using cheats.
    3. Which is very bad, and not merely in the subjective it's-just-the-cruddy-players-whinging sort of bad, but well into the territory of the-objective-stats-are-awful kind of bad.
    4. Further, the various hacking forums are positively filled with threads on how easy it is to cheat in BF1, how much of a joke that Fairfight is atm, and how a player that is willing to cheat no longer even has any need to pay for his hacks, as the kludgy free versions work just fine with no client-side AC to spoil the fun.
    5. I categorically refuse to put in direct links to any of the septic-tank hacking forums that I've looked through -- and the mods would doubtlessly and justifiably step on me were I such a total mook as to even try -- but I'm not exactly spilling any State secrets by saying that such sites exist, and you can always fire up the ole' Google and see for yourself if you've got the stomach for it.
  • PremiumBundle
    483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Netranger9 wrote: »
    IMO dice/ea has had more than enough time to implement a system that stops these subhuman rockcrawlers being able to cheat.They have failed miserably.I said I was out if no anticheat was implemented in the next patch,as it has not been done,Im uninstalling this game and never buying anything from the bf series again.Later peeps.

it has FAIRFIGHT, I know, it allows them to reach too high levels before it bans
    I usually see bans, when they turn it on? mostly at night when I play Oceania.

What about that guy who was level 90 and had a kill rate of 56 to 0
    I bet he got banned for being TOO GOOD.

because if he did not get banned after that level, not
    even myself, I have level 62 and I have played all the classes
    have all the weapons, shortcut kit ultimate.
    waste of money,
    why dont they sell boost points for pc idiots like me
    so I can get more scores and at least have some dignity and NOT
    GET FLAMED.
    all the time.

• produc3
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

1. Yeah, mediocre players are going to make hackusations no matter what the game, and as any experienced player can tell you it's almost a rite of initiation when such insults start to get tossed in your direction; when a legit player starts attracting the haxor label on the regular, then he knows that he's finally gotten good at the game.
    2. That said, the number of cheat downloads on the various hacking forums is so far into the red zone that they've practically broken the warning needle; literally tens of thousands of hack downloads that I can see just from perusing a few of these forums, which means that we've got (as compared to most other fps games) a simply huge proportion of our players that have downloaded and are (presumably) using cheats.
    3. Which is very bad, and not merely in the subjective it's-just-the-cruddy-players-whinging sort of bad, but well into the territory of the-objective-stats-are-awful kind of bad.
    4. Further, the various hacking forums are positively filled with threads on how easy it is to cheat in BF1, how much of a joke that Fairfight is atm, and how a player that is willing to cheat no longer even has any need to pay for his hacks, as the kludgy free versions work just fine with no client-side AC to spoil the fun.
    5. I categorically refuse to put in direct links to any of the septic-tank hacking forums that I've looked through -- and the mods would doubtlessly and justifiably step on me were I such a total mook as to even try -- but I'm not exactly spilling any State secrets by saying that such sites exist, and you can always fire up the ole' Google and see for yourself if you've got the stomach for it.

I am kind of shocked that there is no AC systems in place beyond Fairfight. I'd just assumed that there was one that just wasn't that overt, since they dropped PunkBuster. This is especially worrisome given some articles out there that have been showing FairFight just completely misfiring on legitimate players.

If it's any consolation, in BF1, aimbot alone wouldn't be all that intimidating at all, just because of how much the spread increase in general curb stomps the effectiveness of it. And anyone modifying the spread would be easy enough to catch. Spread makes it literally impossible to make certain shots (consistent quadruple-quintuple hits at max ROF beyond the 'in your face' distance with just about any gun). The fact that they have to bruteforce a code (for spread or damage levels), ought to also make hackers more obvious than ever if they want to play even moderately well. So if Fairfight is at least tracking the stats at any more detailed levels than what we see (I'd damn well hope they do), we should theoretically be fine.

The above just might explain why I perceive SO LITTLE hacking in Domination, a mode devoid of vehicles (vehicles are great against hackers, unless they crank up the dials to 21) that would be prone to the tradition of hackers favoring infantry only modes/maps. Though this isn't necessarily making this issue any less legitimate... if anything it's sadder that the game's mechanics are so imprecise/awful that hacks don't help so much. Now that I say it though, I REALLY hope this isn't DICE's idea of combating hacks.

I would recommend you look at those thousands of downloads with a grain of salt, considering things like multiple-downloads from user, your typical user who installs/hacks/quits-within-the-same-day, your typical hacker who is SO awful that hacks still leave him at 'very manageable' status, and what have you. Which isn't to say, it's INCREDIBLY disheartening to hear that it's so bad out there.
  • Denisa_Rowen
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IMO dice/ea has had more than enough time to implement a system that stops these subhuman rockcrawlers being able to cheat.They have failed miserably.I said I was out if no anticheat was implemented in the next patch,as it has not been done,Im uninstalling this game and never buying anything from the bf series again.Later peeps.

it has FAIRFIGHT, I know, it allows them to reach too high levels before it bans

waste of money,
    GET FLAMED.
    all the time.

if you botehred watching the bottom of that screenshot, you would have noticed that the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ was from console, not from PC.
    He wasnt hacking, just cmaped in tank on xbox.....
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

waste of money,
    GET FLAMED.
    all the time.

if you botehred watching the bottom of that screenshot, you would have noticed that the **** was from console, not from PC.
    He wasnt hacking, just cmaped in tank on xbox.....

He might have sprayed some of his own nick into his own face, before writing that post.
  • Mikhailovitch
    edited March 2017
    1. Aimbots are not really that big of a problem, it's the wallhackers that are really ruining the show. If you haven't already done so, read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/t7201/im_a_hacker_and_i_have_some_information_for_the/

Note that the author -- who actually went to the trouble of downloading and using a hack and then providing a rather careful and in-depth analysis of just what effect his use of a wallhack had on overall gameplay -- points out that even a halfway decent player with a knowledge of the maps and a modicum of gunplay skills will essentially be turned into an unstoppable werewolf once he gets a walling program up and running.
    2. Which fact, and for anyone that has ever spent any real time as a serious clanner admin, spells one hell of a problem. Wallhacks are, generally speaking, the hardest form of hack to prove, and usually require a fair amount of time and multiple spectating admins -- representing thousands of hours of collective gameplay judgment -- in order to detect and gather evidence against.
    3. Hence, client-side anti-cheat programs, which automatically cut down on the number of active hackers out there in the servers -- ACs may be kludgy and dumb, but they are great at catching amateur hacks -- and buy the various clanner admins the time that they will need to deal with the reduced number of closeted wallhackers on a case by case basis.
    4. Failing the above, even the best of the clanner admins tend to get swamped by the sheer numbers of walhackers running around on their servers. I mean, if we've got, say, an average of three or three or perhaps four wallers in most games -- a number that is sadly rather realistic according to both the overall volume of hack downloads as well as the various articles that have been written on the matter by the professional coders that actually write the top-shelf AC programs -- that represents a truly awful and unwieldy amount of work for admins to deal with.
  • produc3
    edited March 2017
    TBH, I think Wallhacks are generally the least frightening things in BF1.

Pre-aiming is not nearly as devastating in this game, because of the wildly erratic animations, glide mechanic, awful spread, and etc.

Basic awareness (minimap and sound levels in this game is still some of the most overpowered out of most shooters), decent fundamentals (good carriage of your center of aim), and half-decent reaction time should keep you relatively safe.

ps. Not necessarily saying you're one of the problems, but MAJORITY of clanner admins couldn't tell a half decent comp player from a wallhacker... they are awful at 'policing' in general. I've met VERY VERRRRY few clanner admins with a level-head.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    *removed*
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • eggfarts1220
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dice will go belly up! I have absolutely no doubt of that! All the complaints of game issues and cheaters not being addressed will be their fall! If they paid attention to what the community is saying they may still be able to salvage their reputation and over come, but I have my doubts! They are an ego driven company who would rather focus on delusions of grandeur than do anything to help their situation!
  • eggfarts1220
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That doesn't mean they won't add another layer of anti-cheat in the future, either self made or partner with a 3rd party anti-cheat developer other than BattlEye (like EasyAntiCheat), or expand FF's anti-cheat capabilities.

1.You have to keep in mind that the Battlefield PC community represents a rather tiny percent of EA's customer base, so whether or not we are ultimately happy with their product is not really all that important to them -- especially since by this point those that are going to buy the game have pretty much already bought it, so the return on investment of introducing a new anti-cheat in an attempt to attract a few more PC players is unlikely to be worth the time or money that such a move would take.
    2. In short, the PC players are small potatoes, we're not worth the trouble, and they've already got our money. They can just take that bonus 30 million dollars or so that they sucked out of us PC players and just laugh all the way to the bank, chuckling at what suckers we all were for buying a pig in a poke.
    3. Ultimately, I place the blame for our current peccadillo on the game reviewers, both the corporates and Youtubers; it's understandable and even entirely predictable that a money-hoovering machine like EA would be willing to throw a small segment of their customer base to the wolves in the name of cadging out a few extra million, but there is simply no excuse for not even (afaik) one of the game's initial reviewers mentioning the total lack of a client-side AC or admin control for the PC crowd.
    4. And, really, I blame the Youtubers more than anyone else; the bought and paid for crowd over at places like gamespot or ign are going to be pretty predictably corrupt, but you'd figure that at least a few of the bigger Tubers might have sacked up and mentioned the coming storm before we all plonked down our hard earned green.

Well, You can only treat the clients you serve badly for so long before it comes back and haunts you!
    Never bite the hand that feeds!