Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Ghost Recon: Wildlands Open Beta

crabman169
9339 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I highly recommend trying this out.

The Ghost Recon: Wildlands Open Beta will take between the **23rd of February** and the 27th of February.
Preloads will start up on the 21st.

You'll be able to explore the provinces of Itacua **and** Montuyac this time.

Furthermore, if you play **both** the Open Beta and the full game before 31/03 you'll gain access to three bonus missions, *'The Unidad Conspiracy'*.

EU Trailer: <
US Trailer: <

For more info head to <http://ghostrecon.com/betainfos>.

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    2826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is there multiplayer or only co-op
  • crabman169
    9339 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is there multiplayer or only co-op

Coop only but PvP is coming
  • DevilsBathtub
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    we should get a squad together
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wasn't gonna bother with it.But since it ends a day before Horizon comes out.Ill give it a go
  • wsupchris1222444
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll give it a try, I don't usually play beta's but this game really got my attention
  • x_Undaunted_x
    2011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This might be a rental for me because it looks too similar in style to The Division. I liked the plot but I'm not into playing the same thing over and over again trying to farm better weapons/shields/etc. I also thought The Division's PVP was really bad and see the same happening here. Coop would probably be a lot of fun though.
  • Vespervin
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I saw Neebs Gaming's recent video of this game and it put me off completely. To me the game looks terrible. I'm sure the open beta will confirm my suspicion.
  • crabman169
    This might be a rental for me because it looks too similar in style to The Division. I liked the plot but I'm not into playing the same thing over and over again trying to farm better weapons/shields/etc. I also thought The Division's PVP was really bad and see the same happening here. Coop would probably be a lot of fun though.

It's not like the division at all; you pop someone in the head they drop. No loot simulator here just standard progression (e.g. Complete this mission unlocks this gun which you can pickup prior and use). It's all on you. Think of it as a Choose your adventure in an open world. Main Story is Drug Cartel controls the country and military; you are spec ops that work with the rebels (or not directly; your choice e.g. Request arty support etc but you do support them) to destroy them from within, by brute force or let them fight between themselves and kill each other off.

Try out the beta and see how it goes for you.
    Vespervin wrote: »
    I saw Neebs Gaming's recent video of this game and it put me off completely. To me the game looks terrible. I'm sure the open beta will confirm my suspicion.

What put you off? Why does it look terrible?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    5057 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Moderator
    Preloads start on the 21st but I was able to preload just this very morning.

I would check that you can preload now.
  • BaronVonGoon
    2826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No PvP is a real turn off.
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Always looking to try something new, thanks OP
  • Vespervin
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

I'm not sure. I just wasn't enjoying myself when I was viewing their video, which is rare because I usually enjoy videos from Neebs.

I say it looks terrible because it does. I'm not sure if they downgraded the graphics, something they've done in the past, or if it's just YouTube.
  • crabman169
    crabman169 wrote: »

I'm not sure. I just wasn't enjoying myself when I was viewing their video, which is rare because I usually enjoy videos from Neebs.

I say it looks terrible because it does. I'm not sure if they downgraded the graphics, something they've done in the past, or if it's just YouTube.

Ah okay; if you can/want try out this beta
  • LOLGotYerTags
    5057 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Moderator
    Check you can preload it.

y7nZG83.jpg
  • wsupchris1222444
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Still not predownloadable for ps4
  • crabman169
    Still not predownloadable for ps4

ytrwV1j.jpg

• wabbits
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 21
    i was looking on origin for a bit there btw its also on Steam to Download now
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wish the PSN made the Betas easier to find. It is there if you look around.
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've got it pre-loaded, and am looking forward to giving it a shot. I'm kinda half and half as to what I think so far, but I haven't played it yet, so I don't really have a solid opinion yet.
  • crabman169
    NZepica wrote: »
    I've got it pre-loaded, and am looking forward to giving it a shot. I'm kinda half and half as to what I think so far, but I haven't played it yet, so I don't really have a solid opinion yet.

Best way to know if you'll like it or not is to try it; no better way then a beta.

Can research and watch all the YouTube on but it's down to you when you play it if you'll like it or not. I actually didn't like bf1 during the alpha, I was gonna pass on it but I played the beta and haven't looked back; I love it.

I wasn't to sure on Wildlands either but I tried out the closed beta and yep it's a game for me.

(Only thing I don't like is no F90 :( )