Rampant hacking, high pings....anyone else notice?

jaydog32
210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
It seems like the majority of hackers have extremely high pings. Would it be correct to assume they are joining U.S. Servers from another country? I chatted with a rep from EA today and I was told EA only has one (1) server. I find this very, very hard to believe. LOL.

I also wander why EA does not put ping limits on U.S. Servers. I guess it's because they don't base servers in other countries, with their lone, single, game server. Could this be true?

Comments

• SynechPLOP
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jaydog32 wrote: »
    It seems like the majority of hackers have extremely high pings. Would it be correct to assume they are joining U.S. Servers from another country? I chatted with a rep from EA today and I was told EA only has one (1) server. I find this very, very hard to believe. LOL.

I also wander why EA does not put ping limits on U.S. Servers. I guess it's because they don't base servers in other countries, with their lone, single, game server. Could this be true?

No. They definitely have more servers than just one server for the entire game.
  • PvtPNutz
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    No, but it makes me wander...
  • stuz10k
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm not sure. Since the patch there seems to be alot of sub level 30's getting ridiculous kills with all types of weapons, mainly MP18's from across maps etc - May just be me, not sure.
  • D5RAT
    2009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They won't ping limit because they would alienate users in countries without servers . It may happen as more servers are added but who knows
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    stuz10k wrote: »
    I'm not sure. Since the patch there seems to be alot of sub level 30's getting ridiculous kills with all types of weapons, mainly MP18's from across maps etc - May just be me, not sure.

I have noticed the same
  • CPU_UK
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

I have noticed the same

That's because MP18 and BAR1918 (and all the shotguns) are the go-to guns.
  • Maxxdout1
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    May not necessarily be hackers. The netcode appears to have gone back to the launch version where it is beneficial to have a high ping and the added packet loss because with your high ping you rubber band all over the screen and enemies struggle to shoot you and there is a delay in the enemy seeing high ping players due to the client server update delays.
    So I would say it may not be hackers, just Dice Europe's incompetence, should improve once DiCE LA get full access to fix it.
  • jaydog32
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am NOT a computer expert. I have friends that claim they are though.

What I have noticed: if I am in a dog fight (fighter) with a person with a high ping (China or Asia) I cannot track them. They skip as I try to aim. This is VERY different than hacking/cheating. Both make the game very difficult to play.
  • emerson1975
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep netcode turned to mush.
    It don't help matters when people join with 250ms ping
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The EA reps also claimed that they couldn't help me unless origin was on the C drive and I also needed more ram(this was on my work desktop with 64gigs of ram).
    They honestly dont know much.
  • MrCrunch08
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

It is definitely not just you. I have grown to hate people using the mp18 over the past week for the same exact reason. It has been an issue in the CTE servers as well. One shot kills and incredibly accurate from long range. I wish any gun I used could do as much damage. Lately I actually think the CTE servers are worse and that is something I didn't think possible. In my video of Fort Vaux gameplay I had a guy clearly shoot me through walls and I have been seeing it nearly every other match.
  • shaqran100
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 31
    Good day everyone, can anyone help me please with this hacker ,I contact EA help too much and got nothing I told them there is a hacker and that hacker when I kill him in the game he sent me message “i will kick all the players now” after 3 minutes all players get high PING then we are all out of the server and message said you lost connection see my youtube video I uploaded that problem

Please i want help i hate the game because this hacker .look at the ping for all players
  • Ronin9572
    1221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sure this will be taken down soon. You can report it to EA. But they don't really seem to care anymore, sorry.
  • -Antares65z
    1782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    stuz10k said:
    It happens in all BF games when they go sunset and become cheap. Regular players get bored, buy their smurf account and start running cheats. 
  • research-kitchen
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Waste of time EA doesn't care, and hopefully we the gamers wont care when BF6 comes out.  
  • 5bulletsSLR
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    high ping + cheat = chinese.
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see this 3yr old post has aged quite well.
  • PackersDK
    874 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How did a thread with the word “hacking” in the title survive 3 years?! That is what I want to know.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "We are working on it"

And that has been said since BF V launched. Add Star Wars Battlefront launch to that, and it has been 3 years. Of nothing. Nada. EA don't care about honest players, it's as simple as that. Can only speculate why that is.
  • Celsi_GER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The "why" is simple : There is no making money for EA in developing anti-cheat measures - only costs.