Rampant hacking, high pings....anyone else notice?

Comments

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    The "why" is simple : There is no making money for EA in developing anti-cheat measures - only costs.

And less sales. If the game was pirated too, then they would be all over it.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    The "why" is simple : There is no making money for EA in developing anti-cheat measures - only costs.

Having better anti-cheat means less sales...? What???

And piracy doesn't affect sales either. If someone wants to pirate a game, they clearly had no intention to purchase it legally in the first place. All DRM does is punish paying, legitimate customers and degrade game performance. 
  • Finncq
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA doesn't care anymore. The hackers are rampant in every game and some even post on Youtube or twitter because they know EA won't do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Any yeah they are actual hackers and not just better (example: invisible, aimbot one shots with low damage guns, etc)
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

Having better anti-cheat means less sales...? What???

And piracy doesn't affect sales either. If someone wants to pirate a game, they clearly had no intention to purchase it legally in the first place. All DRM does is punish paying, legitimate customers and degrade game performance. 

It will gain  players, but not on the opposite side there are too many cheaters who will not pay and play.

Of course it would affect. They would pay others instead.
  • Snookray83
    41 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    3 rounds in a row and 3 cheaters, it's always the same, a support player with an lmg beaming everyone across the map with constant headshots.
  • Ronin9572
    1221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    One of the biggest reasons I switched back to PS4 for multiplayer games. More companies could care less about anti cheats and most games are full of them just a few months after release!
  • -Antares65z
    1782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone who says that EA and other game developers doesn't care about the cheating problem have rocks in their head. 
  • Ronin9572
    1221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Anyone who says that EA and other game developers doesn't care about the cheating problem have rocks in their head. 

Well I'm fine with that, least I'm being realistic and not being naive
  • MechaEmperor
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They don't. On PC cheating killed Battlefront and BF1
  • -Antares65z
    1782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So you're saying that EA doesn't care that cheating is hurting their game sales and also their image?  
  • Forkbeard84
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So you're saying that EA doesn't care that cheating is hurting their game sales and also their image?  
    The thing is they might care but not enough to really fix it.  I think that's what people are saying.  

Taking BF1 for instance, from what I've seen of posts on this forum, people report hackers and cheats to EA and nothing is done about them.  

It takes resources to prevent hacking or police hackers after the fact and EA is not applying very many resources to the cause.  For whatever reason, its not a priority for them.  

If you recognize a problem but don't do much about it, how much do you really care? 

• -Antares65z
    The thing is they might care but not enough to really fix it.  I think that's what people are saying.  

Taking BF1 for instance, from what I've seen of posts on this forum, people report hackers and cheats to EA and nothing is done about them.  

It takes resources to prevent hacking or police hackers after the fact and EA is not applying very many resources to the cause.  For whatever reason, its not a priority for them.  

If you recognize a problem but don't do much about it, how much do you really care? 

I think they care but they're also a multi-billion dollar corporation that have corporate guidelines for product development and support. BF1 is a product and that product has a Life Cylce. BF1 is reaching the end of it's Product Life Cycle and is operating on a barebone budget now. This game is no longer supported and aside from EA's commitment to maintaining the Master Server and keeping the game running, they don't have any budget/resources commited to doing anything else for the game. Like paying people to monitor Cheat Report submissions and acting on them.  BF1 doesn't generate enough revenue anymore for them to continue dumping money into supporting the game. That's just how business works guys. It's not that they don't care about cheaters infesting their game. It's a business decision based entirely on money.   
  • Forkbeard84
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I think they care but they're also a multi-billion dollar corporation that have corporate guidelines for product development and support. BF1 is a product and that product has a Life Cylce. BF1 is reaching the end of it's Product Life Cycle and is operating on a barebone budget now. This game is no longer supported and aside from EA's commitment to maintaining the Master Server and keeping the game running, they don't have any budget/resources commited to doing anything else for the game. Like paying people to monitor Cheat Report submissions and acting on them.  BF1 doesn't generate enough revenue anymore for them to continue dumping money into supporting the game. That's just how business works guys. It's not that they don't care about cheaters infesting their game. It's a business decision based entirely on money.   

This makes sense to me. I guess the cheating controls are currently better in BF5 then?

I still dont approve of the way EA as a company is handling cheating at the game end of life. Why do they for instance ask people to submit tickets and detailed reports on cheaters and then do nothing with that information? Why put your customers through that futile exercise? If you are no longer supporting the game in that way then just say so. What they are doing is disingenuous and poor customer service for a company thats looking for repeat business. Customers can tell when a company truly cares about them. EA taking cheating reports and then ignoring them is alienating their customers, potentially losing EA more money then they are trying to save.
  • disposalist
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 10
    I think some people define "caring" differently than I do.

People who "care" about something don't abandon it based on soley monetary considerations...

If EA "cared" about cheating and about the effect on customers and their reputation, they would keep up their efforts (and, indeed, increase their efforts if necessary) whilst they still have customers that paid for their game playing it.

The fact is, they feel they can afford to abandon the project because our purchase price is money they banked a long time ago and they think we will accept it.

That's not "caring". That is cold, hard, dispassionate, UNcaring calculation. They don't consider "caring" to be profitable enough.

They know it upsets people and they may be losing customers because of it, but clearly not enough.

If there was a similar game where they *did* give good support against hackers and they started losing customers and money, *then* they might "care", but only about their lost profits.
  • Zbiku90
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 13
    I just installed again the game a few days ago and it's officialy dead. Almost every server have hacker or even two of them. Last game i played there was a invisible guy with only flying gun and one tapping everyone in my team. Reporting them doesn't matter if there aren't any admins or working anti-cheat to take them out. I remember there were messages in chat from FairFight but not anymore. Network is full of free cheats for BF1 but EA doesn't care about it. It was nice 450 hours but it's time to say goodbye. I'm not going to buy any new BF again. Other shooters have less cheaters and are actually fun to play.

Post edited by Zbiku90 on
  • -Antares65z
    Zbiku90 said:
    I just installed again the game a few days ago and it's officialy dead. Almost every server have hacker or even two of them. Last game i played there was a invisible guy with only flying gun and one tapping everyone in my team. Reporting them doesn't matter if there aren't any admins or working anti-cheat to take them out. I remember there were messages in chat from FairFight but not anymore. Network is full of free cheats for BF1 but EA doesn't care about it. It was nice 450 hours but it's time to say goodbye. I'm not going to buy any new BF again. Other shooters have less cheaters and are actually fun to play.
    EDIT:
    Just a quick search :/

You just violated EA Forum rules on not posting cheat websites. Lets see how long it takes the Mods to remove your post. 
  • Zbiku90
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't care, just wanted to show how big this problem is
  • pajsner
    105 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    • No one care about the cheaters you are trying to pay attention to. The only thing that matters is that you violate EA Forum rules. Shame on you.

• Celsi_GER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zbiku90 wrote: »
    I don't care, just wanted to show how big this problem is

They know. They just don't care.
  • RRedux
    743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    pajsner said:
    • No one care about the cheaters you are trying to pay attention to. The only thing that matters is that you violate EA Forum rules. Shame on you.

EA / Dice repeatedly claim they have got the cheating problem handled, so well handled in fact that they don't want to let anyone talk about the cheating problem. 

That's saying something. 

Gonna guess that bf6 won't have any real anti-cheat either. OTHER companies take anti-cheat measures a lot more seriously, dice / ea prefers to lie about it instead.