[IDEA] Swapping Pc version for Ps4 with mouse and keyboard

wabbits
292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited February 2017

i think the whole community move to ps4 we all get mouse and keyboard and play against consoles players
obvious advantages of this you can imagine .. how much is a ps4 with bf1 :D
Post edited by wabbits on

Comments

• StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't see the big deal. For $125 anyone can get a XIM4. Use it to play CoD on consoles as CoD is dead on PC. I'm a decent FPS player, but I've found there are excellent controller players that will give KB/M players a run for their money. Really wish they'd offer native support on consoles.
  • BigF33t_13
    6838 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Not in a billion years.
  • Archon764
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No and never, i'd rather play with 1-2 cheaters a round than play with 20+ players with legit aimbot
  • emerson1975
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No and never, i'd rather play with 1-2 cheaters a round than play with 20+ players with legit aimbot

Erm tell you what I would rather play with 64 players with a legitimate aimbot rather than any cheaters at all!
  • TrenchGodd
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the mouse movements on a ps4 aren't the same as on PC. Imagine the max sensitivity the sticks move at and that's the max you can move your mouse at.
  • wabbits
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    edxkoka wrote: »
    the mouse movements on a ps4 aren't the same as on PC. Imagine the max sensitivity the sticks move at and that's the max you can move your mouse at.

wrong you obviously have no idea i can move the mouse as fast was i want

Post edited by wabbits on
  • wabbits
    edited February 2017
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    Not in a billion years.

enjoy the pc version then
  • skullified
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2017
    wabbits wrote: »
    i think the whole community move to ps4 we all get mouse and keyboard and play against consoles players
    obvious advantages of this you can imagine .. how much is a ps4 with bf1 :D

Prices in USD, using Amazon for quick pricing on 02/19/2017 (and using Deluxe Version Copy + Premium Pass as opposed to buying Ultimate to save about $30)

PS4 Console, 500GB- $249.99
    XIM4 Adapter - $149.99
    BF1 Deluxe - Physical copy (on sale) $53.50 -- [Digital Download is not on sale and is $80.00; Ultimate is still $130 (no physical copy available)]
    12-Month Subscription to PS+ to play online - $59.99

Sub Total = $512.48
    Shipping = +$9.96
    Sales Tax (6.75%) = +$34.59

Total from Amazon = $547.07

add BF 1 Premium Pass [Digital] (ordered from PSN) - $49.99
    Sales Tax (6.75%) = +$3.37

Total from PSN = $53.36

**Total from Amazon and from PSN after taxes and shipping (if applicable) = $600.43**

$600.43?! -- And this is considering that I already have a decent mouse and keyboard, and I'm not going for the best PS4 available. [Edit: For the curious, changing the console from the standard PS4-500GB to the PS4 Pro-1TB console would make the Final Total *$761.61*USD!]

"Obvious advantages" my foot. Why not just implement a secondary, client-side anti-cheat instead? I'm sure some certain parties would love that they scored another BF1 purchase (plus a Premium Pass) but let's be realistic, shall we?

Unless you're willing to buy me (and everyone else) a complete setup, consider your idea completely awful.

$600 is a lot of money, my friend. Not all of us choose to have credit cards or live above our means; especially when the sole motivation for such a purchase is to curtail our experiences with cheating in a multiplayer game.

Post edited by skullified on
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Heh, try doing that on the PC where everyone has a mouse and keyboard... you'd have had your head shot off so many times by non-cheating players.

If I owned a PS4, I'd have a mouse and keyboard setup whether I was playing BF or not, but I have no need for one.
  • vondervolf
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Funny how everyone thinks KB+M on PS4 is a perfect solution. It's not!
      * First of all, XIM4 doesn't give you the same experience as KB+M on PC. It's all emulated. You won't get keyboard prompts, just rebound gamepad controls. Input can be laggy, and is definitely floaty for BF1. As mentioned above, XIM4 is also a bit pricey. ** Second, PS4 and PS4 Pro are not created equal. If you only have the old, original PS4, you're at a disadvantage - lower fps (sub 30), worse graphics, longer loading times. PS4 Pro players will wreck you.
  • emerson1975
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried xim4 that I borrowed from a friend and it did not seem too good to be honest but I really needed to spend more time with it.

Come on Microsoft if your Scorpio is as good as your saying am well and truly back on the console train!
  • wabbits
    edited February 2017
    vondervolf wrote: »
      * First of all, XIM4 doesn't give you the same experience as KB+M on PC. It's all emulated. You won't get keyboard prompts, just rebound gamepad controls. Input can be laggy, and is definitely floaty for BF1. As mentioned above, XIM4 is also a bit pricey. ** Second, PS4 and PS4 Pro are not created equal. If you only have the old, original PS4, you're at a disadvantage - lower fps (sub 30), worse graphics, longer loading times. PS4 Pro players will wreck you.

theres no input lag
    sure im going be so desperate for the key prompts ..
    still a superior experience to controller. dpi toggle Cross platform play doesn't happen for a reason. if you worst with a xim setup then you just bad
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    vondervolf wrote: »

theres no input lag
    sure im going be so desperate for the key prompts ..
    still a superior experience to controller. dpi toggle Cross platform play doesn't happen for a reason. if you worst with a xim setup then you just bad

I also need to point out that Sony released their own KB/M for the ps4 that works the exact same as a PC version.
    Controllers have massive deadzones with movements and you can't stop the movement as quick as you can with a mouse because after releasing a thumb stick it still moves.

There is some interesting information out there concerning KB/M.
    All of the top players on console overwatch use kb/m, because according to them "it's like a legal form of cheating because of how much better a mouse is at everything", and with blizzard having separate updates for pc vs console they want the devices disabled because the broken characters on PC are even more broken on console if you use a KB/M.

I've used an XIM, it's stupid how similar it is.
    Honestly, I personally think the companies should stop trying to snipe PC gamers and make them illegal because they are way worse.
    A mouse with aim assist is like having an aimbot, it's stupid.

Yes, if done right you can have a mouse with aim assist.
  • emerson1975
    I would not use any of the official Sony KB/m
    Peripherals as the acceleration is God awful
  • wabbits
    edited February 2017
    i was watching a Pc gamer stream and the guy who was a manager of a big gaming clan said he saw no difference in moving from controller on ps4 to pc mouse and kb , what a idiot like a pro player saying this, i dont care who you are i challenge anyone to kb and mouse to controller you all get massacred , i went on the stream obviously calling him a liar and chat agreeing with me

this guy seems to know everything borrowed from a 'friend' he has no idea i suspect he has never even tried mouse and keyboard on ps4 at all ,
  • emerson1975
    edited February 2017
    i was watching a Pc gamer stream and the guy who was a manager of a big gaming clan said he saw no difference in moving from controller on ps4 to pc mouse and kb , what a idiot like a pro player saying this, i dont care who you are i challenge anyone to kb and mouse to controller you all get massacred , i went on the stream obviously calling him a liar and chat agreeing with me

this guy seems to know everything borrowed from a 'friend' he has no idea i suspect he has never even tried mouse and keyboard on ps4 at all ,

Believe what you want lol I have clearly stated in another thread I borrowed one from a friend and tried it.

The official hori ps4 KB/m is notorious for having huge amounts of acceleration.
    I hope that's ok by you!

• vondervolf
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    theres no input lag
    Have you actually used XIM4? I have and returned mine because the lag/floatiness was unbearable (tried lots of different configs). It's nowhere near as good as PC.
    Still, I felt like a cheater playing with keyboard and mouse on console. But whatever floats your boat. I think you're delusional.
  • wabbits

do not set the adaptors sensitivity to the max otherwise any mouse movement will not give you 1:1, youll have delay.

maybe actually use it like i said
  • Airtrooper719
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My wife plays BF1 and CoD Ghosts with an xbox one controller on my PC. And no lies, she dominates for the most part, averaging 32-5 on cod against what I would assume 90-100% of KB+M players. The whole MK vs controller thing is a myth. Controller has its advantages over mouse, one thing in particular, having full analogue control over left movement, less twitchy when you are strafing, you can peek strafe corners slowly and precisely and movement is just more pleasing to the eye, mouse is very twitchy and can make you feel sick after a while. Im not much on a controller user, but I thought I would plug my PC into the big screen one night, and sit on the couch to play some 64 player conquest. I did very well with the controller, never went negative, and driving/flying was amazing compared to using a crappy keyboard with digital I/O input.