Ever since kick/ban has been in place

FrayedSew
76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Am I the only one that noticed that the chat going on is more appropriate now.

We had a list of 40+ people we had ready to ban when kick/ban has been put in place.
.. and now since then we haven't had to ban anyone.
It's amazing to see what people will do when they know you can't do anything about it.

Another reason it should have been there in the first place.

.. Now if only we could have Multple Admins, ability to move players and 4-6 player start.

That's what RSP is missing and should have had since day 1.

Comments

• ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    exactly...now we need move function, 6 player start, multiple admins and vip slots
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ripper2323 wrote: »
    exactly...now we need move function, 6 player start, multiple admins and vip slots

have a feeling you will turn into a skeleton by the time they give us this...

• BruceWillii
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ...maybe next year. I am checking the Striterax and the BF Bulletin twitter sites every day, but I think the RSP program is dead. Let's wait and see and play BF4.
  • Madd-Maxx66
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FrayedSew wrote: »

We had a list of 40+ people we had ready to ban when kick/ban has been put in place.
    .. and now since then we haven't had to ban anyone.
    It's amazing to see what people will do when they know you can't do anything about it.

Another reason it should have been there in the first place.

.. Now if only we could have Multple Admins, ability to move players and 4-6 player start.

That's what RSP is missing and should have had since day 1.

Striterex tweeted last week that a six player start was inbound, FWIW.....

As a long time BF4 Rental Server Admin, I'd like to see the ability to broadcast a message to everyone on the server too as well as access to admin functions from within the game and not have to quit out.

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Or better yet add a control panel to the companion website accessible based on your account. We've suggested this and explained the necessity of an out of game control scheme. Striterax seems diametrically opposed to this for some reason. This is one of the reasons i am doubting he actually has a clue about what he's talking about sometimes.
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    Or better yet add a control panel to the companion website accessible based on your account. We've suggested this and explained the necessity of an out of game control scheme. Striterax seems diametrically opposed to this for some reason. This is one of the reasons i am doubting he actually has a clue about what he's talking about sometimes.

yep. said this elsewhere myself - they hired the wrong guy to lead the team lol. have a feeling that suggestion was beyond his capabilities. shame as it is definitely a nice tool to have.

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

yep. said this elsewhere myself - they hired the wrong guy to lead the team lol. have a feeling that suggestion was beyond his capabilities. shame as it is definitely a nice tool to have.

Negative. They have staff members who could do this in no time given the proper resources. Unfortunately that means they would have to actually give a rip about the RSP which it seems they really dont.
  • westyjoe
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Although it was a slightly positive step forward by adding kick/ban, I agree that it is still far from usable due to no multiple admins and lower start count (what good is it if the owner is not on 24-7 and servers still don't get populated). Our clan has pretty much abandoned BF1 in favor of Black Ops 3, Insurgency and BF4. We hope (since we put money into it) that the RSP will eventually have the features necessary, but until then we won't be returning nor buying any future BF title. This was a wonderful example of how to kill a franchise for a particular group of users (PC clans) with a product that could have otherwise made them fully dedicated backers of that franchise had they been given the support and consideration due.
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    westyjoe wrote: »
    Although it was a slightly positive step forward by adding kick/ban, I agree that it is still far from usable due to no multiple admins and lower start count (what good is it if the owner is not on 24-7 and servers still don't get populated). Our clan has pretty much abandoned BF1 in favor of Black Ops 3, Insurgency and BF4. We hope (since we put money into it) that the RSP will eventually have the features necessary, but until then we won't be returning nor buying any future BF title. This was a wonderful example of how to kill a franchise for a particular group of users (PC clans) with a product that could have otherwise made them fully dedicated backers of that franchise had they been given the support and consideration due.

I'm in the same boat, the only thing we can do now as a clan is do raids to help get ours and other clan servers up.
  • Jaskaman
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I have been saying same story in many threads and forums/Twitter etc...
    Yeah we need to Access to server admin from separate panel without playing there.
  • Jabbajaws77
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I was exactly the same, I had a bunch of really abusive players on a list prior to the addition of Kick/Ban.

Once it dropped, the whole dynamic changed, especially the really blatant racism and directed abuse.

Just having it available is a great deterrent, have only had to ban blatant hackers and that's enough work on its own monitoring 3 servers lol

Now all we need is EVERYTHING else we have requested :p

Jabbajaws77
  • ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I was exactly the same, I had a bunch of really abusive players on a list prior to the addition of Kick/Ban.

Once it dropped, the whole dynamic changed, especially the really blatant racism and directed abuse.

Just having it available is a great deterrent, have only had to ban blatant hackers and that's enough work on its own monitoring 3 servers lol

Now all we need is EVERYTHING else we have requested :p

Jabbajaws77

exactly our server beaker's playground conquest 24/7 always has an admin on and since then...no issues!! :)
  • FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well; we did have to kick someone last night to clean up the chat. Normally we'd just mute someone like that .. but I guess we should just be happy with KICK/BAN so far. <Sarcasim implied>
  • Jaskaman
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well; we did have to kick someone last night to clean up the chat. Normally we'd just mute someone like that .. but I guess we should just be happy with KICK/BAN so far. <Sarcasim implied>
    Mute is coming soon :)

• BruceWillii
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they are bringing something good for the RSP system with the DLC on the 14th.
    Why is DICE not starting to discuss about the RSP first before they do about the grenade spam in the new Battlefield Roots Initiative they created yesterday on reddit.
    Why didn't they create it here in the games forum? I don't want to have a reddit account to discuss with them. But maybe I will have to. :(
  • Jaskaman
    I hope they are bringing something good for the RSP system with the DLC on the 14th.
    Why is DICE not starting to discuss about the RSP first before they do about the grenade spam in the new Battlefield Roots Initiative they created yesterday on reddit.
    Why didn't they create it here in the games forum? I don't want to have a reddit account to discuss with them. But maybe I will have to. :(

Just create a reddit account, it takes 1 minute. And all of you here wanting some changes to RSP, use Reddit too :)
  • BruceWillii
    Jaskaman wrote: »

Just create a reddit account, it takes 1 minute. And all of you here wanting some changes to RSP, use Reddit too :)

I created an reddit account today to be able to discuss in the BATTLEFIELD ROOTS INITIATIVE, hopefully @Striterax is joining the discussion there too.
  • NL73schietdammer
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2017
    my banlist is full (BEvdG server 1, server 2 changed maps and then i unbanned the guys that had high pings , becuase it ius unlickely that they love the new map on the server so probably wont come back so there the list isnt 100 names long) , the hard limit is 100

badmin? no i am friendly with ping i allow 169 and lower but 170 and higher i ban , tried kicking but too many keep coming back , getting a list of 100 in 2weeks is already much work let alone kicking each one 2 3 times , of the 100 bans around 98 are for ping , and still each round i see on average 2 players with around ping 270

we need autopingkick , and the list of 100 is i think to short if you plan to have the server for many years
  • NetRngr

There has been 0... ZERO discussion of any server features in the CTE in reference to the upcoming patch. I expect the same amount to be included. just to break what that means down I present the last 120 days of player activity in BF1.
    population.thumb.PNG.525639a3928b8173947f5ec8eb54909d.PNG

I expect a bump in the pop with the DLC but it's just damn depressing to see the decline over 120 days.
  • NetRngr
    Jaskaman wrote: »

I created an reddit account today to be able to discuss in the BATTLEFIELD ROOTS INITIATIVE, hopefully @Striterax is joining the discussion there too.

To be fair that isn't the sub to discuss that in. either the CTE (live area or the BF1 reddit would be the place for that. They are listing the subject matter for the discussion in ROOTS and adding other stuff distracts from that.