Easter Egg Dogtag Morse Code Help Thread

«13456759
Coronakill
160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2017
To keep the easter egg hunting thread (a bit) cleaner, post your help requests here .

Keep anything Easter egg related (new finds, theories, suggestions etc.) in the official thread created for the hunt.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/43019/the-big-easter-egg-hunt-has-started-again-discussion-topic/p1


Anthing related to questions/advices/tips & tricks or simply help requests how to solve the easter egg or how to decypher the morse code, ask them here.


The ciphers - http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/

Headphones - http://imgur.com/a/h7Gxg
Get the headphones, look for a telegraph station/Mcom on CQL, and listen to the morsecode it recieves.
Post edited by Coronakill on

Comments

  • apricity_A
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Baconian cipher part doesn't give me anything. I get bbaabbabbaabaabbaaababbababaabbbbaabbbbaababaaababbababababbaabbaabababaabaaababababbabababbabbaaaabba
    but when I put it through the atbash cipher, it gives me ADQIMQPUEOTPHUOPY, which doesn't make any sense
  • ChappyFinn
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can you post a clip of the morse?
  • IIL4MBDAII
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    apricity_A wrote: »
    Baconian cipher part doesn't give me anything. I get bbaabbabbaabaabbaaababbababaabbbbaabbbbaababaaababbababababbaabbaabababaabaaababababbabababbabbaaaabba
    but when I put it through the atbash cipher, it gives me ADQIMQPUEOTPHUOPY, which doesn't make any sense

    Check the morse code again or the transcription maybe? There must be a mistake somewhere...

    You can also follow Jackfrags guide, I did it step by step and got my dogtag a few minutes ago :)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=jFsiH77rNig&t=0s
  • RANGER_FROM_BAJA
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IIL4MBDAII wrote: »
    apricity_A wrote: »
    Baconian cipher part doesn't give me anything. I get bbaabbabbaabaabbaaababbababaabbbbaabbbbaababaaababbababababbaabbaabababaabaaababababbabababbabbaaaabba
    but when I put it through the atbash cipher, it gives me ADQIMQPUEOTPHUOPY, which doesn't make any sense

    Check the morse code again or the transcription maybe? There must be a mistake somewhere...

    You can also follow Jackfrags guide, I did it step by step and got my dogtag a few minutes ago :)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=jFsiH77rNig&t=0s

    I did my morse code manually like Jack and got it somewhat smoothly
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2017
    apricity_A wrote: »
    ADQIMQPUEOTPHUOPY
    This info is actually really important...
    This means...

    You need a new program for morse code.

    Or knowing dice, this is actually something we need to translate.
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Havent been on during the morse decyphering much, anyone could tell me the best way to decipher it
  • ChappyFinn
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you post a clip of yours on here I or others can help otherwise you can try manually as well or with programs.
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ChappyFinn wrote: »
    If you post a clip of yours on here I or others can help otherwise you can try manually as well or with programs.

    i will give it a whirl with a video, got a yt page i can upload to, see you in a bit :P
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jesus this **** is complicated AF, whats the point, i collect the headphones first or do i have to collect headphone, move to Mcom, listen for morse and then go to the next Mcom+headphones or is that plain stupid?
  • ChappyFinn
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The first stage just head to any map and find the headphones. Once found head to the MCOM record the clip and post here.
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    right, thats the first morse code:

  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ChappyFinn wrote: »
    The first stage just head to any map and find the headphones. Once found head to the MCOM record the clip and post here.

    see above post ^^
  • ChappyFinn
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Canal Kantara Vases^^

    Should note I think you have to destroy some boxes to see that one.
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ChappyFinn wrote: »
    Canal Kantara Vases^^

    awesome, so after this bit has been cleared, i head out to another headphones location on the same map?
  • theReuster
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm looking for some help or direction from someone who may know what I'm doing wrong, or not doing...

    I picked up a set of headphones, went to mcomm station and got the morse code sequence (I have a .wav file but don't know how to include it here).

    I used audacity to help me write it out and got the following:
    - . - . / - - - / - - / . - - . / . - . / - - - / - - / . . / . . . / . / - . . / . - . - . - / - - / . . - / . . . / - / . - / - . - . / - - . - / . . - / . . / . - . / . / - . . . - - / - . - . - . - - . - . - . - / . - - / . . / . - . . . - . . / - - . . . . . . . . / - . . . - . - - - / . - - . / - - - / . . - . / . . - . / . . / . . - . / - . . . / . - . . . - / - . - - / - - - / . - . / . . / - . / - . - . / - - - / . - . / . - . /. / - . - . - / . - . . - - - / - . - . / . - / - /. . / - - - / - . / . - . - . - / - - . / - - - / . . . / - / . - . / . - / . . / - - . / . . . . / - / - / - - -

    I used http://morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html to translate it to this:
    TETE TTT TT ETTE ETE TTT TT EE EEE E TEE ETETET TT EET EEE T ET TETE TTET EET EE ETE E TEEETT TETETETTETETET ETT EE ETEEETEE TTEEEEEEEE TEEETETTT ETTE TTT EETE EETE EE EETE TEEE ETEEET TETT TTT ETE EE TE TETE TTT ETE ETE E TETET ETEETTT TETE ET T EE TTT TE ETETET TTE TTT EEE T ETE ET EE TTE EEEE T T TTT

    So I tried converting T's to B's and E's to A's and used a Baconian Cypher and ended up with this:
    VZPQE KR NN E JD VNKYREAIX NZC BI I C V JKTM KY UTA

    From here I can't get anything other than gobbledegook...

    Any help or direction is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  • ChappyFinn
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Coronakill wrote: »
    ChappyFinn wrote: »
    Canal Kantara Vases^^

    awesome, so after this bit has been cleared, i head out to another headphones location on the same map?
    Coronakill wrote: »
    ChappyFinn wrote: »
    Canal Kantara Vases^^

    awesome, so after this bit has been cleared, i head out to another headphones location on the same map?

    You can back out of that map now and head to Suez Canal once there you can look for the headphones first. Once those are collected look for your symbol at the location screenshotted on game detectives for the CANAL VASES once you are close enough looking right at it you will hear particular sound effect. After that head to the MCOM post the next clip!
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Coronakill wrote: »
    ChappyFinn wrote: »
    Canal Kantara Vases^^

    awesome, so after this bit has been cleared, i head out to another headphones location on the same map?

    found the arrows on the vases and heard the sound, so i guess i go to any other random map now to get headphones, record the sounds and post it again? ^^
  • ChappyFinn
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Coronakill wrote: »
    Coronakill wrote: »
    ChappyFinn wrote: »
    Canal Kantara Vases^^

    awesome, so after this bit has been cleared, i head out to another headphones location on the same map?

    found the arrows on the vases and heard the sound, so i guess i go to any other random map now to get headphones, record the sounds and post it again? ^^

    Nope on the same map find the headphones and then MCOM.
  • ChappyFinn
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    theReuster wrote: »
    I'm looking for some help or direction from someone who may know what I'm doing wrong, or not doing...

    I picked up a set of headphones, went to mcomm station and got the morse code sequence (I have a .wav file but don't know how to include it here).

    I used audacity to help me write it out and got the following:
    - . - . / - - - / - - / . - - . / . - . / - - - / - - / . . / . . . / . / - . . / . - . - . - / - - / . . - / . . . / - / . - / - . - . / - - . - / . . - / . . / . - . / . / - . . . - - / - . - . - . - - . - . - . - / . - - / . . / . - . . . - . . / - - . . . . . . . . / - . . . - . - - - / . - - . / - - - / . . - . / . . - . / . . / . . - . / - . . . / . - . . . - / - . - - / - - - / . - . / . . / - . / - . - . / - - - / . - . / . - . /. / - . - . - / . - . . - - - / - . - . / . - / - /. . / - - - / - . / . - . - . - / - - . / - - - / . . . / - / . - . / . - / . . / - - . / . . . . / - / - / - - -

    I used http://morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html to translate it to this:
    TETE TTT TT ETTE ETE TTT TT EE EEE E TEE ETETET TT EET EEE T ET TETE TTET EET EE ETE E TEEETT TETETETTETETET ETT EE ETEEETEE TTEEEEEEEE TEEETETTT ETTE TTT EETE EETE EE EETE TEEE ETEEET TETT TTT ETE EE TE TETE TTT ETE ETE E TETET ETEETTT TETE ET T EE TTT TE ETETET TTE TTT EEE T ETE ET EE TTE EEEE T T TTT

    So I tried converting T's to B's and E's to A's and used a Baconian Cypher and ended up with this:
    VZPQE KR NN E JD VNKYREAIX NZC BI I C V JKTM KY UTA

    From here I can't get anything other than gobbledegook...

    Any help or direction is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

    It kinda looks like this is the first message but isn't long enough to get your location. You only use the Baconian Cypher at stage 6 are you there?

    Otherwise try and get a long wav file and remove spaces from your output before translating.
  • ChappyFinn
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Coronakill wrote: »
    Coronakill wrote: »
    ChappyFinn wrote: »
    Canal Kantara Vases^^

    awesome, so after this bit has been cleared, i head out to another headphones location on the same map?

    found the arrows on the vases and heard the sound, so i guess i go to any other random map now to get headphones, record the sounds and post it again? ^^

    And just to be sure you found the symbol on the wall not directly on the vases correct? You heard the sound so I'm sure it worked but the symbol should be on the wall not on the vases themselves.
Sign In or Register to comment.