Easter Egg Dogtag Morse Code Help Thread

Comments

  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »

    Reversed & Railfence cypher; HAINDCLRRILIATBA = HILLBIRNADRAATIC
    Your next one to do is on HILL BARN ADRIATIC on Empire's Edge.

    I got that one too when I was doing a Beginning EE and from the photos on the BFEE site I couldn't tell where the symbol was, searched the whole outside of the barn .. but the symbol is NOT on the outside of the barn .. after I watched a video on Youtube I saw it was on the INSIDE of the barn .. :D
  • Rudolfvt
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi there guys,

    I have a problem with this nr 8 morse which has to be decoded using Vigenére Autokey. I can't get it decoded. Any help would be appreciated.



    Thanks

    Hi Guys,

    Thanks again but never mind I somehow got a local server, recorded it again, decoded it with morse code translator and thankfully the first part I could make out as PILLAR OUT :smiley:
  • MIDASSSS140
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hello, please help me, I want to get a badge of a sign, but the morse tells me this: TOO DANGEROUS AT THIS TIME CURRENTLY WAITING CHANCE TO MOST
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello, please help me, I want to get a badge of a sign, but the morse tells me this: TOO DANGEROUS AT THIS TIME CURRENTLY WAITING CHANCE TO MOST

    Which map? And which Dogtag/Easter Egg are you trying to get?

    That message is a standard message, not a EE location or sign.
    That message is included with a sign/location
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello, please help me, I want to get a badge of a sign, but the morse tells me this: TOO DANGEROUS AT THIS TIME CURRENTLY WAITING CHANCE TO MOST

    Which easter egg are you working on?
  • MIDASSSS140
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    an omen, map Zeebrugge
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    an omen, map Zeebrugge

    http://bfee.co/index.php?title=Battlefield_1/An_Omen

    You only need to get the Infiltrator kit and then go to the water tower near A, stand on top of it and follow instuctions in the link.

    You will get a message in morse code on top of the tower and you have to find the missing letters and convert them to numbers.
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think that you are standing in the wrong part of the tower in that case and picking up the standard Infiltrator morse rather than the code. This image helped me stand in the right part so I could decode the morse:

    B1TMcvO.jpg
  • MIDASSSS140
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can not get, how do I get a set of letters from a sentence?
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    I can not get, how do I get a set of letters from a sentence?

    Probably the easiest thing to do is to note your morse in notepad (dot = . & dash = -) and then copy it in to the first box on this website: https://morse2buttons.herokuapp.com/

    That should tell you which lights you need to turn off.

    -

    Alternatively join the BFEE Discord and add a video of your morse there.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can not get, how do I get a set of letters from a sentence?

    If you are standing on the right place Elliot showed with the infiltrator kit, you will hear morse code.

    If you use the Morse Code Agent for Android on your phone to listen to the morse code (keep phone close to headphone/speakers) you will see the sentence: DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI (and some standard extra words you don't need)

    8 letters are missing in that sentence and those are the letters you need.

    You can find Morse Code Agent for Android in the Play Store for free.

    Once you have the 8 letters you need to convert them to numbers (using the info in the link http://bfee.co/index.php?title=Battlefield_1/An_Omen
    ) and set the switches in the buildings to the numbers using the morse code number system.
  • KITTvsKARR
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is there any way to reduce background noise in the games? I'm doing the one where you have to select the boxes, flick a switch then sit at the bottom of a mast (Albion?).

    I can't get the morse code, i can't record the morse code and i can't follow it because no matter what settings i have for audio - there are so many gusts of wind and background explosions that i can't get it.
  • bagzofbullets79
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can someone please help me decode the Morse code
  • zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    @bagzofbullets79 Drop a link to the video/audio file + which morse you're doing and we'll help you out. ;)
  • ninjadude1086
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can someone help me translate my Morse Code. It’s the 7th step in the beginning dog tag so it uses the Vigenère
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone help me translate my Morse Code. It’s the 7th step in the beginning dog tag so it uses the Vigenère

    If you post your morse as an audio or video file somone here could probably help. You will also find people to help on the BFEE Discord.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KITTvsKARR wrote: »
    Is there any way to reduce background noise in the games? I'm doing the one where you have to select the boxes, flick a switch then sit at the bottom of a mast (Albion?).

    I can't get the morse code, i can't record the morse code and i can't follow it because no matter what settings i have for audio - there are so many gusts of wind and background explosions that i can't get it.

    I had the same problem but since it is only a five letter code in the range [A..F], I did it using my ears and noted them down just like any real telegraphist would (though they probably would write the letters directly of course, a skill I have yet to aquire.)

    A general note on Morse codes on PC :
    You can record sound directly into Audacity. No need for shadowplay, OBS or any other game recording stuff. Just record the headphone or speaker channel.
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    KITTvsKARR wrote: »
    Is there any way to reduce background noise in the games? I'm doing the one where you have to select the boxes, flick a switch then sit at the bottom of a mast (Albion?).

    I can't get the morse code, i can't record the morse code and i can't follow it because no matter what settings i have for audio - there are so many gusts of wind and background explosions that i can't get it.

    I had the same problem but since it is only a five letter code in the range [A..F], I did it using my ears and noted them down just like any real telegraphist would (though they probably would write the letters directly of course, a skill I have yet to aquire.)

    A general note on Morse codes on PC :
    You can record sound directly into Audacity. No need for shadowplay, OBS or any other game recording stuff. Just record the headphone or speaker channel.

    In addition to the good advice above I did change my audio settings for this one as i was struggling with background noise. Can't remember exactly but I think I had mine set to War Tapes and large speakers.
  • zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @olavafar & @ElliotLH when using Audacity, you can record the audio directly by using 'Windows Wasapi' as your channel. Also to reduce background noise for a clearer morse image apply 'Effect > Amplify' after recording.
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    @olavafar & @ElliotLH when using Audacity, you can record the audio directly by using 'Windows Wasapi' as your channel. Also to reduce background noise for a clearer morse image apply 'Effect > Amplify' after recording.

    Good tip for those who haven't done the EE yet.

    I did mine by recording on to my removable HDD on my Xbox and just transferred to my laptop.
Sign In or Register to comment.