Rooftops on Ballroom Blitz?

Jedi76
828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2017
Some guys were on the actual rooftops of the Chateau the other night. Not the balconies which everyone can access, but the actual rooftops.

They must have been a squad spawning on each other, because our guys tried to clear them for a fair bit of the game and just couldn't manage it. No one in our team seemed to know how to get up there either. They had a great vantage point over C flag and were literally ripping our guys to bits.

Are the rooftops on BB fair game or a glitch/ exploit?

Just asking because I have played since launch and have never seen anyone up there before.

Comments

• mobsterrob007
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Only takes 1 to parachute onto the roof than the whole squad spawn on them.
  • Baabbas
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I saw some guys up there alsi in a TDM round, no planes in that type of game, somehow is possible to go up there,......it ruins tdm
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd see it from another point of view, especially if you are playing Conquest. They waste a whole squad, not capping objectives, but hanging on a rooftop, essentially allowing you and your team access to the flags and the match. This happens every game now I play on that map, and our squad has just learned to access C by other means.

They may have high kills, but where to they finish on the leaderboards?

• P1Fanatic
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Baabbas wrote: »
    I saw some guys up there alsi in a TDM round, no planes in that type of game, somehow is possible to go up there,......it ruins tdm

Yep seen the same in TDM so deffo not parachuting in. Makes them an easy target anyway so no idea why they do it other than to say ooh look what I can do.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    I'd see it from another point of view, especially if you are playing Conquest. They waste a whole squad, not capping objectives, but hanging on a rooftop, essentially allowing you and your team access to the flags and the match. This happens every game now I play on that map, and our squad has just learned to access C by other means.

They may have high kills, but where to they finish on the leaderboards?

Good point, we did win the match by about 100 points, so it did not do them much good in the long run.
  • mobsterrob007
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    could they be using limpet mines to blow a hole in the roof to get up there?
  • MurfCr
    1011 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I saw a video on utube today showing how to get on roof without parachuting in, almost too easy and we all know the spot.. it overlooks the ballroom that little square spot on those over head walkways that snipers love to camp at.
  • Extreme_Smurf
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    It is really not hard to get up there..
    As mentioned above there is a little square spot on top of the building surrounding "B".

From there you need to jump right and you get on top of the houses.. takes soms practice but after a while it gets easy..

This spot is also the first thing i blow with rockets to make it a bit harder to get up on. :-)
  • 19lee78
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've seen it quite a few times now, either allow it or somehow make another vantage point from which they can be got at easier.
  • CHAOTIC_PIEMAN
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    Nope one guy jumps out a plane onto the roof and everybody spawns on him
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only takes 1 to parachute onto the roof than the whole squad spawn on them.

• JJH42
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    First time i saw someone get up there, i started shooting at him so he hid behind the chimney. I tossed a hail Mary impact grenade, and it landed right on top of him. It was gloriously hilarious to watch his body cart wheel off that roof. He didn't go back.
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Being on that rooftop is great fun when half the enemy team is sniping on the balcony and have tripwires all around the ladder accespoints coming up from below.
    I remember trowing down some dynamite and at-nadez from that rooftop and watch them fly off the balcony. :)

In advance: anyone who wants videoproof of me doing that, it's in one of my clips on youtube....
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nope one guy jumps out a plane onto the roof and everybody spawns on him
    It's been done in modes without planes. Seen it on domination myself. So yep....
  • EliteStarquake
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A few weeks ago I watched someone on my team walk towards a wall next to the portcullis near C that heads out towards B and they sort of ... jerkily levitated up to the roof. I thought it was a glitch at first but then I realised that there was direction in their movement. Cheat or hack? Don't know.

One good way to clear a gang of enemies camped on a roof top is to use mortars. That'll learn 'em.