Weekly BF

Killed by the Invisible Man - [updated with link to video]

BoWinston
952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2017
I was inside Fao Fortress near Flag E on Conquest and was killed by a player who was completely INVISIBLE. The game didn't render the player who killed me or he was hacking somehow. It was annoying as hell and I recorded what I saw on the Xbox Game DVR but have no idea how to upload to Youtube or this forum.

What happened was I was shot once from behind while I was running inside the fort toward the doorway at flag E. When I turned around only a teammate was there and I ran behind him to see if anybody else was there and there wasn't. I double checked my health and it had gone down by a third so I knew an enemy was around. I went into the first alcove on the left and nobody was there, I turned around and was clubbed to death. The kill cam then shows the gamertag and the melee club weapon used and is following somebody who is invisible and can't be seen! Very annoying!

Comments

• hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    probably a glitch...but anyway.
    Go to XboxDVR.com and type in your gamer tag. all of your recorded clips will be there. if you don't have an account with them, download the vid and upload it to youtube. If you do, you can transfer it to youtube.....or just link directly to xboxdvr
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks! Here's the link to the video:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Bo%20Winston/video/27606379
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2017
    I've had a run in with the invisible man a few times. I really don't think it's a cheat, but it could be, I guess. I would probably suggest that the game just didn't render him. if you notice, you don't even get the red outline around him as you usually do in your death cam.
    just add it to the pile of glitches that keeps getting bigger after every update.

The only thing growing faster than the US national debt is Dice's bug factory
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's a glitch, I see it often. Even seen friends invisible and it goes away randomly
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From my understanding it's just a bug that's unnecessarily prominent. I have a bunch of recordings of them, with it being most frustrating to walk into a "clear" room only to be killed by someone who's standing right in front of me but invisible to me. From their perspective you must look like an utter tool.
  • BoWinston
    It's a glitch, I see it often. Even seen friends invisible and it goes away randomly

This is a game breaking glitch, they need to fix this ASAP. There have been many times when I thought I was killed by somebody who wasn't rendered but I couldn't 100% tell because of distance and multiple enemy players around but this is visual proof and very disturbing!
  • boutneus
    2466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Like this?

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BoWinston wrote: »

This is a game breaking glitch, they need to fix this ASAP. There have been many times when I thought I was killed by somebody who wasn't rendered but I couldn't 100% tell because of distance and multiple enemy players around but this is visual proof and very disturbing!

I agree. Just saw this in another thread

https://mobile.twitter.com/BFBulletin/status/836163057206308865?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
  • MurfCr
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It was supposedly fixed with the update but....meh. I have been knifed by an invisible player too. PS4.
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty sure we've all had it, here's a recent one of mine - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Goofy the Scot/video/27620771