In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Can we please get rid of Aim Assist

bendermac
132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
i don't like this thing the least. it's more in my way then it helps. i had many situation where aim assist would ruin my aim and in worst case even get me killed. dice needs to turns this thing off and the one with the better aim actually wins or wont lose because another enemy walked pass the one you're aim and your gun swoops over to the left/right.

Comments

• Jal-89
    327 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can change it or remove it in options
  • ferz100
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I know its a touchy subject, but as an older player and I mean real old, I don't have the dexterity to handle the controllers as in years past. Helps me compete, at least a little bit.

I agree. It should stay :smile:
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bendermac wrote: »
    i don't like this thing the least. it's more in my way then it helps. i had many situation where aim assist would ruin my aim and in worst case even get me killed. dice needs to turns this thing off and the one with the better aim actually wins or wont lose because another enemy walked pass the one you're aim and your gun swoops over to the left/right.

Yes, we can.
  • 69GTOJudge
    424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 1
    ferz100 wrote: »
    I know its a touchy subject, but as an older player and I mean real old, I don't have the dexterity to handle the controllers as in years past. Helps me compete, at least a little bit.

Sure, it should stay, in the appropriate Servers. No way it should be in Hardcore/Custom Games, though. There are people who want their brains to actually work, to play the game, not let the game do most of it for them. Look at GTA Auto Aim, that is an insult to the Human Brain.
  • jaybrad34
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For me the aim assist makes the game a lot more fun to play.it makes me use my brain to strategise my attacks more cos im not worrying as much about over/under aiming as I would without it..I think that taking it out of hardcore mode would be a good idea though
  • sirghislandi
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wouldn't it be possible to pin a thread with this topic? so we don't get a new one every time
  • bendermac
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ipot_04 wrote: »
    yada yada ...

i know i can turn it off. but this keeps me at a disadvantage. it's sure edge for aim assist users. they lock onto you and you'll die faster then they will. i tested this. hence i'd like to get rid of it for everyone. on console it pretty much is a needed evil to be activated to stay on fair grounds.

• McBaffel
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    69GTOJudge wrote: »

Sure, it should stay, in the appropriate Servers. No way it should be in Hardcore/Custom Games, though. There are people who want their brains to actually work, to play the game, not let the game do most of it for them. Look at GTA Auto Aim, that is an insult to the Human Brain.

You do realise the brain actually has little to no effect on reflexes? You do gramse we call it musclememory for a reason.right? You need your brain for positioning.

Why is it nessecary for the anti aim assist crew to be soncondesceding all the time. Do you realise this is what makes these threads into shitfests?

Seems like it would be a great thing for you to actually use that brain ouyside of the game to. You know where notmal people use it like at school or at work?

You just sound like the next 16-18yr old that has it all figured out.
  • McBaffel
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yada yada ...

i know i can turn it off. but this keeps me at a disadvantage. it's sure edge for aim assist users. they lock onto you and you'll die faster then they will. i tested this. hence i'd like to get rid of it for everyone. on console it pretty much is a needed evil to be activated to stay on fair grounds.

Well I think tou are an entiteld **** that doesn't realise rhis gamr is plated by lore rhzn just a few kidswho have nothing better to do then to 'git gud' some people actually contribute to a better world and.thus don't have the spare time to practice enough.

I'm not even good enough to abuse the aa
  • Disparasdandaa
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just add official servers which has slowdown and auto rotation turned off, problem solved!
  • widdy2
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can't believe I still see this crap in this forum.

OP, you're one of the stupid players I've seen on this forum who cannot even look at the in-game Options, I just hate attention seekers like you who just plays the game and complains when there's something wrong with their settings. You literally just made a thread just so someone can spoonfeed you the basic info that you needed.

No matter how much you complain about the aim assist, they will NEVER REMOVE IT. DEAL WITH IT!

Probably someone here will just make a new thread in a few weeks or months for the same exact "Remove Aim Assist on console versions" crap that won't really change anything except make you sound like whiny babies.

As I've said before and I'll say it again, if you don't want aim assist either turn it off for yourselves OR play the PC version.

Tbh, further threads about this subject is just redundant.

What of the people who wish to play against others wilithout the aim assists ?

I don't use auto rotation and do well, but I wish there were servers without it and ones with both forms of assist off. I want to play against others without it. There's no opition for that at the moment. Dice are very slow on dealing with this issue and some people have been pushing for a change in aim assist for years.

We need threads like this to keep up the pressure on Dice to address the issue. Auto rotation is over powered and embarrassing but if we had servers without it you wouldn't keep hearing complaints about it from those of that hate it.

I welcome further threads!
  • Vintage_Shroom
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You have 0.15 accuracy and you want to remove the auto aim? You want to be negative in every match?
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/bendermac
  • Zooboid
    569 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    yada yada ...

So your intention is too hinder the majority of users who use it want it? Nah either turn yours off or use it. Either way stop moaning please.

M'kay thanks
  • widdy2
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You have 0.15 accuracy and you want to remove the auto aim? You want to be negative in every match?
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/bendermac

I also have 0.15 accuracy. But I'll open fire on people I have no chance of hitting in the hope of suppressing or distracting the enemy, as myself and team mates push/cap flags.

• Forkbeard84
    1166 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    McBaffel wrote: »
    69GTOJudge wrote: »

You do realise the brain actually has little to no effect on reflexes? You do gramse we call it musclememory for a reason.right? You need your brain for positioning.

Why is it nessecary for the anti aim assist crew to be soncondesceding all the time. Do you realise this is what makes these threads into shitfests?

Seems like it would be a great thing for you to actually use that brain ouyside of the game to. You know where notmal people use it like at school or at work?

You just sound like the next 16-18yr old that has it all figured out.

Muscle memory is just a term for when your subconcious brain takes over repetitive tasks. The brain is still needed for aiming. You should chill out.
  • SaintBrandon88
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've said it over and over. Those who just "have" to have help aiming should be allowed to use auto-rotation. I mean, they've already spoiled us by giving it to us us, and some people would rather quit than actually try to play without it. Those who actually want to do the work themselves should be allowed to play in servers without it. Just because some are older or have trouble aiming doesn't mean everyone needs the help of auto-rotation, nor should they be subjected to it. Slowdown is a very effective assist as it is, auto-rotation is just way too strong in certain situations, mainly with 1HK shoutguns and the very powerful infantry rifles. There are plenty of videos on the web that show how auto-rotation can be exploited to act as an aim-bot. Before anyone suggests the obvious, I do play with auto-rotation off. I do pretty well, too. I would just prefer playing with others who have it off, as well. I'm sure that's understandable, just as much as your reasons for wanting to play with it on.
  • Judson-Emc2
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OP. If you don't want aim assist then turn it off.

If you want to play a game without aim assist play R6S.

If you want a BF game made without aim assist...forget about it. It's a casual game made for a casual player and that's just the way we love it.
  • widdy2
    OP. If you don't want aim assist then turn it off.

If you want to play a game without aim assist play R6S.

If you want a BF game made without aim assist...forget about it. It's a casual game made for a casual player and that's just the way we love it.

I was easy to find BF4 rented servers without aim assist. We want something similar. I hope Dice listen to those of us that want more skill based gunplay.