Opinions on Xim. New Console Owner.

Teh_Next
1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited March 2017
Hello PS4'ians,

I'm a PC gamer and have been since windows 98. I love BF1 and I am lvl 73 on PC along with owning the premium.

Just yesterday I bought a PS4 slim. In all honesty I'm sick of the cheats/lack of decent anti cheat on the PC version and so I am considering buying BF1 again for PS4.

However, I suck with controllers, being a KB+M man for almost 20 years it's hard to adjust and in all honesty I did buy the console for SP games mostly.
So what's the general consensus on the Xim? Is it considered as cheating? If so I'd give it a miss and stick to playing BF1 on PC. If not then I'd maybe go for it and take the leap.
Opinions?

Comments

• RobinDeGea
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Actually i think a lot of people here use KB+M on their PS4 for BF1. Sony even sell their own KB+M. You can see that on their official website. So i don't think it's considered as cheating. I haven't tried that because i always use console and i already get used to it.
  • McBaffel
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RobinDeGea wrote: »
    Actually i think a lot of people here use KB+M on their PS4 for BF1. Sony even sell their own KB+M. You can see that on their official website. So i don't think it's considered as cheating. I haven't tried that because i always use console and i already get used to it.

Dude you kidding me?

look a fzw days back there was an entire thread about this.

'Results'
    There where about as much people considering it cheats as people saying it is not a cheat.
    And some like me don't care because most still play with controller.

But yes I consider this to be a big advàage if you use it. (So admit it)

I myself just switched from pc and had the same feeling about the controller. And all I can say is qtick with it for a few extended days of gaming it gets better! À this way you can actually look in the mirror and say I won that duel in an honnest way.
  • Jarppahctr
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Splitfish fragfx shark.
    Bluethoot version so no wires or oem dualshock use beside mouse. Official Playstation supported mouse and controller. Only minus is normal battery life but recharge batterys can be used of course.
  • BA2VGT
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "I'm sick of people having and advantage on me on PC via cheats, so I decided to move over to PS4 and use a system that gives me a significant advantage over the majority of the player base."

Just wow.
  • P1Fanatic
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Save your money. It's nothing like MnK on a PC. I was a Pc gamer for years. Just persist and you will quickly get used to a controller - just won't be overnight.
  • Ben8D8over
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The MnK has great advantages for sure, however leaning back in the chair with the controller in hand is so much more comfortable, I would never switch to MnK only because of the comfort and simplicity.
    My advise is give it 2-3 weeks, with aim assist on until you get better. If you can´t stand it after 2-3 weeks of playing a lot, go for the XIM4. From what I hear, that´s the best MnK out there.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Put you tin hat on and prepare to be abused for even the very thought.

Here is my take. I was the same. Ex PC gamer, played BF2. Now 47 years old and found that DS4 controller was very hard to get used to. Bought Xim4.

Do not expect it to be like KB+M on PC. Its not.Its hard to set up and movement is limited to controller speeds and acceleration, so you cannot simply pick up muscle memory.

I was already improving with DS4 when I got it and nearly sent it back. It is extremely hard to set the device up for your own play style. It took me two weeks of daily tinkering. 2 weeks I could have spent learning new to use the DS4.

Will it give you an advantage? Possibly. If you are used to KB+M then a much less steep learning curve

I personally think it is an expensive investment for the return and only with it if you know you ae going to plough 100's of hours into the game. I still play both KB&M and DS4, and am pretty much evenly skilled on both now. I find that my shooting of static targets is better on KBM (I only play medic and support), but I cannot hit a lateral moving target for love or money on the Xim 4. Much earlier on DS4.

At the end of the day, you should do what YOU want to do, and not feel intimidated by the crap you will read on these forums. Its YOUR experience and its not 'illegal'. Some people think it is cheating, but most of those people have never actually tried it and assume it is like KBM for PC. It's not.

Finally, BTW, if you like to use vehicles and mix it up, then don't bother with Xim4. You cannot use vehicles (especially planes) at all with XIM4. They are terrible to control

I hope this helps.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BA2VGT wrote: »
    "I'm sick of people having and advantage on me on PC via cheats, so I decided to move over to PS4 and use a system that gives me a significant advantage over the majority of the player base."

Just wow.

Who said that?
  • JCN66
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is allready a couple of threads about this, newest:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/90633/mouse-an-keyboard-on-ps4
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BA2VGT wrote: »

Just wow.

......and so the abuse starts.....OP ignore this crap. Unlikely he has never used one. It amazing how people are 'experts' on these forums despite never actually having any experience of the subject matter upon which they like to opine in an aggressive and needless manner.
  • xXWTFXxTHATGUY
    1171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    P1Fanatic wrote: »
    Save your money. It's nothing like MnK on a PC. I was a Pc gamer for years. Just persist and you will quickly get used to a controller - just won't be overnight.

I would agree to this.
  • Forkbeard84
    1553 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let the entertainment begin!

O1zDJ.gif

• MrJayPee71
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

O1zDJ.gif

Rofl
  • Forkbeard84
    1553 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JayPeee71 wrote: »

O1zDJ.gif

Rofl

Well its been pretty anti climatic. Thought we would get more action on this.. Guess the teabagging thread is more popular today.
  • JBModz1
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    who cares, its a game. you play the game to have fun, run what you want. the netcode will even it out in the end.
  • Daallaass09
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    Hello PS4'ians,

I'm a PC gamer and have been since windows 98. I love BF1 and I am lvl 73 on PC along with owning the premium.

Just yesterday I bought a PS4 slim. In all honesty I'm sick of the cheats/lack of decent anti cheat on the PC version and so I am considering buying BF1 again for PS4.

However, I suck with controllers, being a KB+M man for almost 20 years it's hard to adjust and in all honesty I did buy the console for SP games mostly.
    So what's the general consensus on the Xim? Is it considered as cheating? If so I'd give it a miss and stick to playing BF1 on PC. If not then I'd maybe go for it and take the leap.
    Opinions?

why play console if not to have a level playing field ? get good and have fun. bf1 comes with built in aim bot /auto aim / aim assist so don't stress to much .
  • BaronVonGoon
    6639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    Hello PS4'ians,

Opinions?

Give it a shot. I use the Venom X which is the Xim4's biggest competitor. Both require patience in order for you to be able to get your settings right. Also, you have to accept that it won't be PC-mouse level of precision but still better than controller.

Don't listen to the whiners. Some make good points (if you're up for a debate) others are whiners, ignore them.
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry to say OP but having a KBM is incredibly unfair, so its as close to cheating as you can get when you have such an advantage over your opponent. No one can stop you but its on you to know that everyone else has put a grind in to get decent on controls, and they will feel exactly how you feel playing PC now.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    cronusmax and titan 1, are pretty decent, but you need a decent MnK, and it involves wires

but none of these devices will be 1:1 raw input like pc, regardless of what some people say, they still have some cons
  • BaronVonGoon
    6639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Halfa-Cree wrote: »
    cronusmax and titan 1, are pretty decent, but you need a decent MnK, and it involves wires

but none of these devices will be 1:1 raw input like pc, regardless of what some people say, they still have some cons

The input latency is negligible (atleast for xim and venom X). That's not an issue at all. The issue is acceleration which you can't disable unlike PC. But xim and venom game profile which you download directly from the transievers do work in a way to minimize the effect of mouse acceleration so it doesn't affect muscle memory.