Please kill yourself..

realistalive
606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
instead of letting the enemy kill you and get points from doing so. When you're completely surrounded/lit up it's better to throw an impact nade at your feet, so the enemy won't get to benefit from your death. You could also open up the menu and hit redeploy, but the earth will perform a full axial rotation in the time it takes for the menu to load in this game.

Just trying to help

Comments

• Desyatnik_Pansy
    1468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    When you're completely surrounded/lit up it's better to throw an impact nade at your feet, so the enemy won't get to benefit from your death.

But the enemy will benefit anyway because IIRC, you give the enemy a ticket from spawning, not from being killed by one. All you'll be doing is denying them points which sure, is a "benefit", but it's not like they win by getting such points and it ends up just being a **** move.
  • disposalist
    8745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's not the respawn *or* the kill, it is the death that gives the enemy a point. A small point, but it means if you die and then skip revive or don't get revived in time, the enemy gets a point. If you get revived, the enemy does not get a point.

I've not checked if killing yourself or using redeploy gives the enemy a point, but I imagine it does.

When you respawn, they do not get a point (that was BF4 and lead to the whole weird "Don't respawn" meta at the end of close matches) so it is best to respawn and help your team, just be more careful not to die if the game nears the end.

Pansy is right in that killing yourself only avoids giving the enemy score, rather than team points or 'tickets'.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    instead of letting the enemy kill you and get points from doing so. When you're completely surrounded/lit up it's better to throw an impact nade at your feet, so the enemy won't get to benefit from your death. You could also open up the menu and hit redeploy, but the earth will perform a full axial rotation in the time it takes for the menu to load in this game.

Just trying to help

This isn't Call of Duty.

You aren't rewarding the other team with a killstreak or scorestreak.

Being killed, and you killing yourself, has the same numerical benefit for the enemy team - another ticket towards winning the game.

• JediScum81
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What a ridiculous idea... If I'm surrounded I'm taking as many of them out with me as I can
  • Vic_R0cks
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In bf3/bf4 i blew myself up with c4, killing as many of them as i can.
  • BenzenForReal
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cant do it. When I get killed, my only grenade has been used long ago.
  • PremiumBundle
    483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Just trying to help

I leave a pressie, like a TANK NADE.
    AND DYNAMITE SET. its like a
    wedding present, and then
    BOOM, you get the points after you die.
    kind regards tod
    braddock is doing a really good job
    and most of the posts are great,
    the game is a masterpiece,

cheers tod
    if anyone wants my old pc, message me
    I will send it, you pay for postage and you can have it for free.
    I used to play BF1 on it, pretty good one back in its time.
    regards tod
  • Blackmarkers
    386 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    worst idea ever
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    JediScum81 wrote: »
    What a ridiculous idea... If I'm surrounded I'm taking as many of them out with me as I can

Like one guy said, bayonet charge and as you connect press grenade and voila, bling and boom!
  • RaNdOmKils666
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1kuech.jpg

Bahahaha