Battlelog plugin Download and install plugin, She's a no go!

Ballistix234
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited March 2017
Tonight I tried to join a server to play some BF4, I got the Download and Install Plugin prompt for battlelog. As I always do.. I downloaded the plugin as usual and clicked continue
the download plugin glitced and popped back up again. I tried uninstalling bf4 web plugins, clearing browser caches, tried repairing Bf4 files all the usual stuff. Anyone have a fix for this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Oh yea using Mozilla Firefox if it helps

Comments

• xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3914 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Have you tried going into Settings on BL and turning on the Pluginless setting?

-CB
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3914 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Ir also looks like the new version of Firefox bans all plugins including NPAPI plugins except Adobe Flash Player.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3178298/browsers/firefox-52-brings-modern-pc-games-to-your-browser-bans-plug-ins.html
  • Ballistix234
    Oh..... ok! no I have not tried that but I am going to go look for it right now Thanks
  • L3dman
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    W T F did i mis this ? Just happend for me today ,think after a ff update damnit !!

edit: anny way to downgrade the sob ?
  • Ballistix234
    Ok seems to be fixed, I went into battlelog settings and checked plugin-less updates. Works great!

Thank you, much appreciated!
  • L3dman
    edited March 2017
    welp not for me @!$#!@%#@$$!!!
    and the free plug just keeps saying i need to start origin and then i click and it pops up but nothing happens and it keeps waiting ,cant continue ..
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    L3dman wrote: »
    welp not for me @!$#!@%#@$$!!!
    and the free plug just keeps saying i need to start origin and then i click and it pops up but nothing happens and it keeps waiting ,cant continue ..

close your browser completely...start Origin and then go BL and try launching the game
  • L3dman
    whats bl ? im using ie for bf4 now till the new ui is here ..
  • xfileFIN
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    L3dman wrote: »
    whats bl ? im using ie for bf4 now till the new ui is here ..

BL as in Battlelog...

And took a picture of the setting:
    4e10effc9f07c3852f9a15b6ea4c095a.png
  • L3dman
    as i stated i tried that ,didnt work :/ maybe if i restart origin ehh idk gonna wait for the new ui on ie :(
  • StarscreamUK
    7550 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    set origin to run as admin, also bf4.exe and the webhelper too

if that fails, don't revert them, double click the bf4.exe and use the browser it opens
  • L3dman
    edited March 2017
    set origin to run as admin, also bf4.exe and the webhelper too

if that fails, don't revert them, double click the bf4.exe and use the browser it opens

are you saying you can use the free plug in ,in firefox ? cause here it just keeps saying to start origin ,had the same with ie browser but after i closed and opend it again it worked again ,i have admin rights on all exe,s dont know bout web helper tho ..
  • StarscreamUK
    7550 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The Web helper is required for pluginless game launching. Yes Firefox supports pluginless launching
  • L3dman
    not helping ,same results ..meh it just keeps saying to start origin ,a restart of origin didnt help either idk
  • MikeyRamone
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    It's just completely unbelievable how bad Mozilla FUBAR'd up the newest Firefox releases. It's ridiculous.
  • JKH62
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    BF3 use to be fun when I could log on and play.
    Plugin free launch does jack chit and the Origin pop up box just stays on the screen.

I have tried every combination to get onto a server and can not get past the Origin / Battlelog screen that prompts for plug in free launch.

Any other ideas of suggestions ?
  • JKH62
    It's just completely unbelievable how bad Mozilla FUBAR'd up the newest Firefox releases. It's ridiculous.

Its not on firefox and Chrome if dropping the same support as well.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    Firefox has finally dropped all support for NPAPI plugins just like all other browsers have done over the past year.

Have you tried going into your Battlelog settings and turning on the "pluginless setting"?
  • JKH62
    Firefox has finally dropped all support for NPAPI plugins just like all other browsers have done over the past year.

Have you tried going into your Battlelog settings and turning on the "pluginless setting"?

At least a dozen times......no kidding.
  • StarscreamUK
    I can launch bf3 and bf4 every single time using methods I have already posted. I will put a video together showing how easy it is to do.