Camels

Jedi76
828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 2017
I am not sure if Cavalry ever used them.

But perhaps on Sinai, Suez and FAO Fortress maps it would be quite cool to have one as an option instead of a horse?
Post edited by Jedi76 on

Comments

• BruceWillii
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ....and donkeys on Monte Grappa?
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    ....and donkeys on Monte Grappa?

If you like...Just did some research and Cavalry actually did use Camels, so it is viable and just an extra dimension to particular maps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel_cavalry
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And despite popular belief they were largely useless. Sure the Arabs made good use of them but horses were far superior in everyway

Camels in game would be a slower, larger target and would essentially be a death wish. Considering the Dlcs are not set to expand the Mesopotamian campaign I'd just be a waste of resources honestly.

Fun fact: camels were pretty useless in combat
  • CHAOTIC_PIEMAN
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    How about a ostrich and instead of a sword the ostrich kicks people to death
  • BrowneManStrikes
    1046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't think they rode the camels into battle.

But even Horse Cavalry seldom actually stayed on their horses, so maybe we can have them in game.

Inb4 insta-kill Camel Spit ability.
  • TheDrunkBrit
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    According to Wikipedia, The Imperial Camel Corps Brigade (ICCB) was a camel-mounted infantry brigade that the British Empire raised in December 1916 during the First World War for service in the Middle East. The strength of the brigade/corps in the field was around 3,380 men and 3,880 camels.

Bog85_2800.jpg
    A posed photograph of Australian, British, New Zealand and Indian Camel Corps troopers
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wouldn't that give us all the hump?
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

But even Horse Cavalry seldom actually stayed on their horses, so maybe we can have them in game.

58fce7114184efcb5013eb21936ee7d3.jpg

*tips slouch hat whilst cussing*
  • MathewGurney
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is a long awaited feature by many. Camels are tall, disgusting, stupid and scary, they have big three toed clawed feet, this is an epic thing to be run over by. The horse looks too ridiculously fast and manoeuvrable in-game, it speeds around, twirling and leaping over everything in a way that would see a normal horse have three broken legs. Camels kind of droop along sensibly plodding about, they don't epicly leap tanks repeatedly, they move like an armoured bus with some nitrous when necessary, this will be more fun.
  • gentlegopher
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a long awaited feature by many. Camels are tall, disgusting, stupid and scary, they have big three toed clawed feet, this is an epic thing to be run over by. The horse looks too ridiculously fast and manoeuvrable in-game, it speeds around, twirling and leaping over everything in a way that would see a normal horse have three broken legs. Camels kind of droop along sensibly plodding about, they don't epicly leap tanks repeatedly, they move like an armoured bus with some nitrous when necessary, this will be more fun.

Camels have two toes per foot.
  • TheDrunkBrit
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Camels have two toes...

Just don't even go there... :*
  • mrtwotimes
    588 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Camels would be great if I could use their humps to steady mt AT launcher ;)
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    Camels would be great if I could use their humps to steady mt AT launcher ;)

TaYM8yl.jpg
  • BoWinston
    951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017

Lawrence of Arabia rode his camel into battle with the Arabs who were riding horses and camels too in the attack on Aqaba in the film. Not sure if that was in real life but it looked cool on film.

I think it would be cool to add camels into the Ottoman maps, just another vehicle to use to get around.

Ever been stuck at flag G on Sinai Desert with no vehicles? Now you have a camel to get out of there faster.