This Week in Battlefield V

Tank drivers being silly

Netranger9
170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Ive been noticing a trend lately where tank drivers are jumping out of there tanks at about 10% health.One guy just simply left 4 of us and ran away,couldnt care less.On another note,Ive also noticed alot of very selfish drivers farming kills for themselves whilst not giving a second thought to anybody else in with them.

Comments

• sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The best feeling ever is whenever you hop out of your tank at 10% to repair it and some glorious blueberry who thinks he has it all figured out switches seats and starts driving away.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey now, I appreciate those idiot drivers who bail out, so long as they're on the enemy team that is. The enemy gifted one to me on a game on Suez the other night, and most confusingly, the driver didn't even try to use his AT Grenades to destroy me after I yoinked it. Such a move allowed us to pull back the game. xD
    SFjnNCV.jpg
  • Moonjabi
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Worst is when you have a full tank and they don't ever position the side gunners to do any work. Your cannon may get 3 people on a lucky blast but two side gunners can mow down advancing players quick while you can focus on other possible heavy armor. That being said I think those seat gunners need a buff because I feel like they don't do enough damage and they overheat way too fast.
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Only time I jump from my tank is if I'm in a battle with another tank and I can get out and destroy them with an At grenade because I know they have me. It works quite often and sometimes it even saves my tank at those last few percent. If it doesn't work and the rare occasion that my tank doesn't get destroyed in the process, and they take it. I will die as many times as needed to take that tank down.
  • Netranger9
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another favorite is jumping in and it blows up instantly,lol.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When I drive I pretend my hatch has a padlock on it. Have killed drivers that have jumped from other tanks that were low by putting a shell on them, but random teammates never want to take the tank so after a few seconds I'll usually finish the tank off.
  • soupy48
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Netranger9 wrote: »
    Another favorite is jumping in and it blows up instantly,lol.

Been there done that...LOL
    I like when I exit the tank by accident, pressing the wrong key on my kb. What I call my duuuh moment.
    I will not leave a tank until I am dead, unless I am not driving.

• lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Stupid is as stupid does. Went on a streak last weekend with an MAA the enemy gift wrapped just for me.
    Moonjabi wrote: »
    Worst is when you have a full tank and they don't ever position the side gunners to do any work. Your cannon may get 3 people on a lucky blast but two side gunners can mow down advancing players quick while you can focus on other possible heavy armor. That being said I think those seat gunners need a buff because I feel like they don't do enough damage and they overheat way too fast.

No, what's worse is when you have a flame tank full and everyone's sitting in the back reading a magazine like it's a taxi all while grenades are raining down on you.
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    I love to steal deserted enemy tanks with a self repair option. I also use the repair tool sometimes or steal the drivers kit.
    Post edited by GiovannY-398 on
  • Removed11322
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Choose Breakthrough over the other two, at least the side guns are of some use.

And yes I did mean to post that 4 times. The other variants are near useless. No point getting in as the guns couldn't kill a fly.
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NUT5ACK wrote: »

And yes I did mean to post that 4 times. The other variants are near useless. No point getting in as the guns couldn't kill a fly.
    I get lots of kills with the heavy tank machine guns when I'm riding in the back . The trick is to not zoom in when shooting.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Would rather have the main gun be more effective than side guns on any variant that will inevitably be empty, pointing everywhere but at the enemy, or overheated from shooting up the scenery before a target appears.
  • Forkbeard84
    1608 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I get lots of kills with the heavy tank machine guns when I'm riding in the back . The trick is to not zoom in when shooting.

Curious, how does not zooming in help here?
  • MarxistDictator
    4907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm excited for the St. Chamond as it has one gunner capable of looking forward and to the right. Finally, targets to shoot!

If you're in a position where the other guns are effective the heavy tank is doomed. The back gunner gets a pass for having a dual MG (I swear if you use the stupid FT tank).

But the front St Chamond turret seems to be as close to tank/gunner gameplay of other battlefields. It's too bad that the lack of turret makes the multi seat tanks so selfish. Unless it's the Friendship.
  • foxmuldertwobob
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I Always stay with the tank when the driver bales so it is never handed over to the opposition,I have only come across 3 abandoned tanks so far and use them until they blow up as they have had no self repaire working on them for some reason.