Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

I would love to see Battlefield make Conquest Battles without Objectives with TDM type playstyle.

Venomenal1
101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I think it would work. Would be a lot of fun too, more like a real war. Just an additional option for the game.

Comments

• Peccath
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'd like to try it as well. And I don't even play TDM at all.
  • fbodynut
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    terrible idea,itd be a camp fest. its hard enough to get people to move with objectives as incentive as is
  • Venomenal1
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't think so. Even so, it's easy to flush campers. Also "camping" is what happens in military operations. I think it would be more realistic as each player would have to listen and look out for his team mate. Also if an enemy is killing from within their base (red zone) the opposition should work together to take them out. I think it would offer something different and more realism to the game. Hard-core matches would involve tactical play and more use of communication while using headphones with mics.
  • fbodynut
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    or you could, you know, play arma 3
  • Venomenal1
    I could yes. But Arma is a long drawn out game. Battlefield climbs right into the action from the get go.
  • Peccath
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm quite sure BF1942 (the very first Battefield game) had 32v32 team deathmatch with vehicles and big maps.
  • Venomenal1
    Nice. Now we need them in the more recent BF games.
  • rock1obsta
    2111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So basically a giant 64 player TDM? Yeah, that would be kinda cool as long as they dont shave the maps down to 10% their actual size like it is now.
  • Venomenal1
    edited April 3
    Yep, totally. Including all vehicles too.
  • Trokey66
    3431 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    But we all ready have Team Death Match Conquest Large.......
  • Mishkin37
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like the idea, and I think it would solve the problem of teammates not playing the objective. Those that ignore objectives in Conquest might play this mode instead. However, I see some problems with it.

- How would spawning work? With no objectives to spawn on, where do you spawn if your squad gets wiped? Spawning at the home base multiple times would get old very quickly.

- Would maps be full size or like 75%? I think that without objectives to direct the flow of battle, Conquest maps might be too big for this mode.

- As someone said earlier, wouldn't camping and sniping become even more prevalent? Since deaths would be at a premium, I wonder if people would take fewer chances just to prevent dying (e.g. they may be hesitant to run up and throw a limpet on a tank if they know that dying directly hurts the team).
  • Venomenal1
    edited April 20
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    I like the idea, and I think it would solve the problem of teammates not playing the objective. Those that ignore objectives in Conquest might play this mode instead. However, I see some problems with it.

- How would spawning work? With no objectives to spawn on, where do you spawn if your squad gets wiped? Spawning at the home base multiple times would get old very quickly.

- Would maps be full size or like 75%? I think that without objectives to direct the flow of battle, Conquest maps might be too big for this mode.

- As someone said earlier, wouldn't camping and sniping become even more prevalent? Since deaths would be at a premium, I wonder if people would take fewer chances just to prevent dying (e.g. they may be hesitant to run up and throw a limpet on a tank if they know that dying directly hurts the team).
    -
    Some good questions and points raised. I think there should be a limit of base spawns depending on team wipes. Or maybe "flashing alternate landmark spawn points". Meaning the soldier would have to plan carefully where to spawn as there would be 2 or 3 flashing points to spawn to. These wouldn't be fixed, like I mentioned they could be alternating points on the map. It may or may not work but I'm sure a Dice developer could create something fun enough to incorporate into such a game.

I think snipers or campers would have to be on the move after 2 or 3 kills, much how I snipe as not to become too easy a target for revenge attacks. Campers(like the ones in BFBC) should be penalized if picked up they do nothing but wait for enemy to spawn then ****) would just have to learn the hard way with negative K/D stats, this should be picked up and raised or noted in RED with negative points allowing these actions to cause their team to lose. Almost like a name and shame penalty.

I think keep maps at 100% or reduce ever so slightly.

Thanks for your post and the others who have also contributed.

• Mishkin37
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like the alternate spawn point idea; they would just have to figure out a way to keep people from camping those points for easy kills.

For all the flak people give DICE about spawn issues, I think that spawning works pretty well. Every once and awhile you get killed when spawning into a controlled flag, but I think that's just bad luck. It probably happens less than once a game to me. Spawning on Conquest flags is kind of genius on DICE's part of you think about it; enemies can't really camp them for spawn kills, bc once they do, they begin contesting the flag, and eventually the friendly team can't spawn there anyway.

You got me thinking about snipers. I agree...get 2-3 kills and move. Maybe sniping is just too comfortable in the Battlefield series, and that's why there are so many Scouts in Conquest.

What about this? In real life when someone pops off a high caliber round in your vicinity, you have a general idea where the shot came from. What if when a scout took a shot, a cone originated from their location on the mini-map that continued to grow for like 5 seconds before disappearing? Each shot would create a new circle on the mini-map. Their shots would be like the epicenter of an earthquake on the mini-map, but like I said, it would disappear after like 5 seconds. Therefore, nearby enemies could find them pretty easily after 2-3 shots unless they move.
  • Venomenal1
    I think spawning is fine too with the exception of BFH. But DICE was not to blame there. I like the way flag spawning is alternated and you are not always at the same spot upon spawning. Yes the obvious camper for kills at spawn points needs to pay dearly even going the way of possibly being "yellow and red carded" where they can be cautioned and auto booted and kicked for the next match on that server while being highlighted in the scoresheet despite them exiting early. Maybe additional time for spawning allocated to them too.

I like your idea of the highlight from the sniper, in real life this rifle would stand out because of where they fired from like you say. A limit to snipers too. In reality you only get a limited amount of snipers per operation. So first come first serve just like vehicles.
  • Mishkin37
    In Rainbow 6 Siege, people would sometimes grief/kill teammates who picked the operator they wanted to be.

If classes were limited, do you see some people griefing teammates who picked the class they wanted or just waiting to spawn until their class was available?

I'm not sure what the answer is.
  • Venomenal1
    That's just crazy. Penalize any player who behaves this way or they should stick to COD. I know each person playing spent good money on the game but penalties should be in order for silly players.
  • wethepeople403
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So I'll start with it's not a terrible idea but if they did this i think people would start to ask if they were taking a COD route, and added in that bf1 has caused a split in players and the bf series it might bite them in the butt. The idea of driving a vehicle in tdm is better but then you run in to the issue of say people who get in a chopper and just spend that entire match mowing through herds of people. Sorta semi pointless to play a game style that is just meant to be ground fighting.
    But i really do have to point out your "more fun, just like a real war" comment. Yes i get you aren't saying real war is fun but I'm wondering if you think war just consists of people running at each other like in the English empire days, taking a knee to reload while the next line right behind the first line shoots? You do realize that in real war they do take objectives. Hell if you want just an easy movie reference watch saving private Ryan. That entire movie shows you that they do in fact have objectives to capture and once they do they defend and move on to the next. A friend's dad was in the Vietnam War and yes they took towns and villages but the most notable one he was involved in was taking hill 937, you might be to young but look up or watch the movie hamburger hill. It was his battalion/squad that was tasked with taking it. He said it was more a pile of bodies then a real hill. His character went AWOL in the beginning of the movie but that was cause in real life after the event he got shot by a kid in the stomach and sorta went a little crazy. The man had some amazing stories and the wounds to prove them. But my point is that conquest is the closest to real war in that sense
  • Venomenal1
    Good input and I appreciate your post. I understand objectives in the game and in real battles, real war. I just thought it would be something different while BF players still being familiar with TDM game play. Sure I understand a vehicle could do a lot of damage in a match if not dealt with correctly. But higher ticket numbers for such games could be adapted. Longer spawn times for vehicles. The damage vehicles take in BF1 and BFH should now be in every BF game going forward. A real pity it's not the case in BF4 with choppers though.
    I think it would just add something different having a bigger TDM kind of game including the vehicles and additional space we have in Conquest matches. I'm sure something could be designed to attract players who would enjoy something like this.

I'm not that young, I have been gaming since the first home computers and basic consoles were introduced into homes. I've played a lot of atari, Sega, ps one right up until now and look far into the future hoping to still be gaming when my children will be in my squad and team kicking butt with me. Been in the military both airforce and army too.

I will look into what you mentioned for sure, thanks for sharing, sounds interesting. Again, thanks for your post.
  • wethepeople403
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You sure since the first home computers? Like earlier then War Games?
  • wethepeople403
    Damn thing didn't post right