Nerf scopes. More ironsights!

MeisterYoon
13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Scopes are ruining the game seriously.
Immersion, authencity, balance are all ruined by scoped weapons.

There are as many medic snipers as scout snipers due to overpowered scopes. This is really serious problem.

Except for me and some others, nobody uses ironsight rifles simply because it underwhelms vs scoped weapons on most cases.

As soon as scope gets nerfed, i am sure half of balance issues will be fixed. Scopes are even more serious problem than cheesy automatic weapons!

Please consider this DICE. You can easily nerf these by restricting FOV, balancing damage, player speed, etc. and recoils for scoped rifles. Verdun was once serious sniperfest game, and they fixed this issue very well.

Comments

• Dogwoggle11
    2568 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So, what are you saying? That there are too many snipers, or that you get killed by snipers all the time?
  • TEKNOCODE
    7802 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png
  • MeisterYoon
    edited March 2017
    So, what are you saying? That there are too many snipers, or that you get killed by snipers all the time?

No, i am talking about the balance issue that scopes are too good that it destroys not only balance but also immersion. Check skillful youtubers' videos. All of them use scoped rifles over ironsights. That is not coincidence.

I am top 1% on K/D with ironsight rifles, so don't think i am whining. That 98% of medics and scouts are using marksman/sharpshooter weapons looks simply too silly.
  • Ace-Cardd
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Stop crying and do something useful.
  • Dogwoggle11

No, i am talking about the balance issue that scopes are too good that it destroys not only balance but also immersion. Check skillful youtubers' videos. All of them use scoped rifles over ironsights. That is not coincidence.

I am top 1% on K/D with ironsight rifles, so don't think i am whining. That 98% of medics and scouts are using marksman/sharpshooter weapons looks simply too silly.

I'm sorry to be the one telling you this but... you are actually Top 2%... :( . Anyway, anyone between 4.18 and 111.95 (yup, someone has that, using exclusively airplanes and vehicles) is Top 1%, so that doesn't say much.

I don't feel scopes are too good. I mean... I guess if everyone is stationary like sticks on the middle of the map... but that is not the case.
    I'm on console, and I use mostly Gewehr 98 Sniper with 5x magnification. Why? Simple. Because in console, carbine and infantry variants are the cat's pyjamas. They are affected by aim assist, and it's just L2+R2; while scoped rifles do not benefit from that. (I know, I know... I could just turn the AA off, but I want it for my sidearm). This means, someone who isn't very confident with his aim may want to pick infantry or carbine.

Now, let's go to the stats.

Adding the amount of hours played by the first player on each category (carbine/infantry vs sniper/marksman) the results are:

2525 hours in "total" with sniper and marksman variants.
    2748 hours in "total" with carbine and infantry variants.

So I would say it is pretty balanced.
  • V2Face
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think we have seen all the types of nerf threads now, boys.. I can die in peace.
  • Adam7172
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How do you nerf a scope?
  • SaintBrandon88
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I disagree. It's the auto-aim iron sights that ruins it for me.
  • RowdyRuss3
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Adam7172 wrote: »
    How do you nerf a scope?

15e74958825a090c40585553ea3bdcc9.jpg

You sir, you win the internet today. +1000 hues
  • JihadJhonny
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Back to Basics game mode is all iron sites, no scopes and no vehicles.
  • PaintedFanatic
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really hate snipers, we just have to except that they're in the game to stay though. Forever. Wtf are you talking about scoped medic rifles??? This being a problem has NEVER crossed my mind
  • I_LET_ROUNDS_GO
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ummm, how about no.
  • MeisterYoon

I'm sorry to be the one telling you this but... you are actually Top 2%... :( . Anyway, anyone between 4.18 and 111.95 (yup, someone has that, using exclusively airplanes and vehicles) is Top 1%, so that doesn't say much.

I don't feel scopes are too good. I mean... I guess if everyone is stationary like sticks on the middle of the map... but that is not the case.
    I'm on console, and I use mostly Gewehr 98 Sniper with 5x magnification. Why? Simple. Because in console, carbine and infantry variants are the cat's pyjamas. They are affected by aim assist, and it's just L2+R2; while scoped rifles do not benefit from that. (I know, I know... I could just turn the AA off, but I want it for my sidearm). This means, someone who isn't very confident with his aim may want to pick infantry or carbine.

Now, let's go to the stats.

Adding the amount of hours played by the first player on each category (carbine/infantry vs sniper/marksman) the results are:

2525 hours in "total" with sniper and marksman variants.
    2748 hours in "total" with carbine and infantry variants.

So I would say it is pretty balanced.

You should not check aggeregat K/D but Infantry rifle K/D and score.
  • MeisterYoon

Oh autoaim.. you console players.. i don't care what you suffer from. Console is anyway for casual players. Autoaim is simply your fault. Sadly the reason DICE doesnt fix this issue and instead even is buffing scope is you console users.. now i understand.

Let me tell you, on PC, where the skill really matters, without any autoaim whatsoever, Scopes are way too overpowered. Please leave balance threads if you are console players. The reason why BF1 has herendous balance is again simply due to console. Sadly it is fact. Autoaim, acceleration, they are all from console and are officially supported hack. Not on PC though
  • PaintedFanatic
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Oh autoaim.. you console players.. i don't care what you suffer from. Console is anyway for casual players. Autoaim is simply your fault. Sadly the reason DICE doesnt fix this issue and instead even is buffing scope is you console users.. now i understand.

Let me tell you, on PC, where the skill really matters, without any autoaim whatsoever, Scopes are way too overpowered. Please leave balance threads if you are console players. The reason why BF1 has herendous balance is again simply due to console. Sadly it is fact. Autoaim, acceleration, they are all from console and are officially supported hack. Not on PC though

Lawl, PC elitists make me cringe so hard. The game isn't unbalanced because of consoles. That is not fact, that is opinion. Please learn the difference. XD. Otherwise, Please cry more, we drink your snowflake tears.
  • I_LET_ROUNDS_GO
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Elitist much? Just because you play on a PC, doesn't make you better. You are giving PC players a bad name. Have you ever played on console? There are some pretty good players on them.
  • PaintedFanatic
    Competitive games took hold on console. Not PC, just fuel for thought
  • crabman169
    11513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Adam7172 wrote: »
    How do you nerf a scope?

15e74958825a090c40585553ea3bdcc9.jpg

ppM5WI2h.jpg
  • Dogwoggle11
    Oh, I get it... he's just a troll.

With all the threads whining about snipers you can't tell which is serious, because they all look stupid.