cant understand- why the game automaticly doanloaded 6GB that i cannot play without PLAYING MONEY?!

saarb737
19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
today the game automaticlly doanloaded 6GB of "the shall not pass". but i cant play it cuz i dont have premium pass.
why DA F**K the game doanloaded 6GB that i could use to store my pictures in?
instead it now stores an unplable DLC pack that costs 49E!! more then the price i paid for the entire game!!!!!!!!!!!!
dammit dice!
can someone explain?

Comments

• SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I find it ironic, personally. They do force you to download all of the DLC maps even if you don't have premium and can't play them. My only explanation, though, as to why they do this, is because they can.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because players can still join a match you're playing an USE the DLC content in your match, meaning if they hop out of their new DLC tank, or drop their new DLC guns - YOU CAN USE THEM TOO.

Of course, you have to download those items for that to even be possible.

You also have to download the DLC maps as well because DICE has now allowed non-DLC-owning players the ability to spectate games on DLC maps to see if they like them. Then if you buy the DLC, it's already installed.
  • saarb737
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    but 50 euro? wtf?! expensive as ****.
  • Wintrix85
    148 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha
    edited March 2017
    The worth of something is always relative to your disposable income and the personal value you attribute that thing. Some people pay piles of money for skins, poses, decals, digital cards, you name it, in other games. That might seem like a waste of money for one and completely worth it for another.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    saarb737 wrote: »
    but 50 euro? wtf?! expensive as ****.

That's 50 euro for ALL of the DLCs (I'm assuming you're talking about Premium). Currently they're only available for premium members, but They Shall Not Pass will be released for the general public soon and the DLC by itself will only be around (I believe) 20USD.

It's not 50 euro for ONE DLC, it's 50 for the DLC that's currently out, AND the 3 other DLCs that are planned to be released. You pay 50 bucks and get all the DLC when they're released, and actually get 2 weeks early access to them, on top of a lot of other non-DLC related things.

Technically, buying all the DLC separately would cost you much more than 50 euro.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Because you can spectate those dlc servers.

Because I want to get on the vanilla server you're on so that I can parade around you with my new Assault Tank and new dlc weapons. I wouldn't be able to do that if you didn't download the update.

And like Loqrall says, if you're nice enough I might even let you drive my new dlc tank.

That's why you have to download the update.