Weekly Debrief

is there gonna be a discount for the DLC? 50 EURO is more expensive then i payed for the entire game

saarb737
21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
is there gonna be a discount for the DLC? 50 EURO is more expensive then i payed for the entire game.
50 euros is just toooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• SirSpectacle
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There will be a discount eventually, but probably not until the end of the year at the earliest.
  • VictorLima141
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It costs 75 dollars here in Australia, more than the game. Its a joke.
  • JediScum81
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2017
    There will be a discount in about the year 2019... Not long now
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can buy them separately. Other than that looks like you will have to get a job. That price is for all 4 dlcs
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Premium is for three Dlcs plus one 'free'

If €50 is too much for you wait till March 28th and pick up the dlc for €15>

In 8 months you couldn't gather €50? Think you have more pressing concerns then video games,
  • AsariMilk
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

In 8 months you couldn't gather €50? Think you have more pressing concerns then video games,

he/she/it never said they couldn't gather 50 euros for it. and it is too much.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's the same price as its been in every other bf title. It's not to much. Set back ten bucks a week. Easy. If it's to much don't buy it then.
  • TaroEld
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can push it down to 45€ by signing up to EA insider or whatever the service is called, then cancelling it right away.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10861 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AsariMilk wrote: »

The first DLC costs less than lunch or a drink at a restaurant (50 euro divided by 4).
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    they will all probably be free at some point within the next 1-2 years .. at least for a limited time

BF4 & Hardline did this over the course of a few months in 2016, each week they'd have one map pack free for each game - this was an awesome idea as it freshened up the dead DLC servers. I really hope they do this with BF1 down the road
  • SilkWildey
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    they will all probably be free at some point within the next 1-2 years .. at least for a limited time

BF4 & Hardline did this over the course of a few months in 2016, each week they'd have one map pack free for each game - this was an awesome idea as it freshened up the dead DLC servers. I really hope they do this with BF1 down the road

Way way down the road I hope otherwise be annoying for the people that paid haha.
  • kampkaos_420_
    edited March 2017

It was 3 yrs after bf4 release. Bfh player base was really low. Bf1 is going strong, but feel free to wait 3 yrs. If op can't save up 50 bucks by then, he's got bigger problems to worry about.
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It was 3 yrs after bf4 release. Bfh player base was really low. Bf1 is going strong, but feel free to wait 3 yrs. If op can't save up 50 bucks by then, he's got bigger problems to worry about.

yeah but i mean even BF3 & 4's DLC servers dried up in a matter of months - it'll be to the point where there are maybe a few full servers at peak hours and even with that we'll be with & against the same guys all the time.. I love new content but I hate the way it divides the community
  • kampkaos_420_

yeah but i mean even BF3 & 4's DLC servers dried up in a matter of months - it'll be to the point where there are maybe a few full servers at peak hours and even with that we'll be with & against the same guys all the time.. I love new content but I hate the way it divides the community
    I like the way it divides it. The team play in DLC right now is awesome. Granted you have to work harder for kills due to high skill of most premium players, but it only makes you better. Even after they gave those dlcs away, most only played them long enough to get the weapons then quit. So it was a failed attempt in my eyes to fill servers.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

So a one off fee of €50 is too much considering that has been known since 30th of AUGUST 2016 and was purchasable since 18th/21st OCTOBER 2016 and the first dlc was announced back on 30th of August to be the French Dlc and it would be released in March.

Go out for dinner. You can spend up too if not more and that is just for one meal at one sitting not endless hours of enjoyment.

I'm sorry but I have zero sympathy for anyone complaining/whinging/crying/berating over premium.

Tell me any other season pass that you can get with that value.

Recent season pass; Ghost Recon Wildlands.
    $71.99 AUD
    You get two expansions (likely to be one 'boss' mission each)
    A minibus that you never see
    An outfit and gun you'll never use (and two more yet to be released)
    800 microtransaction currency points that you can use to buy microtransaction only items or unlock certain attachments/weapons early

Compare that to bf1 premium
    $69.99 AUD (without ea/origin access and the deluxe bundle offer which has now expired)
    4 themed dlc packs containing:
    - 4 maps each
    - Two weeks early access to them
    - New operations
    - New game modes
    - New behemoths
    - New elites
    - New vehicles
    - 20 new weapons
    - Exclusive dog tags
    - 14 superior battlepacks (one per month from November 2016-2017)
    - Server queue priority
    - Exclusive missions (so far rewarding two superior battlepacks and two enchanced battlepacks)
    - Three battlepacks
    - Double xp events
    And that's just so far.

Like I keep saying and will forever; if premium breaks the bank maybe you shouldn't be playing video games.
  • kampkaos_420_
    You'd think people's arms would get tired holding their hands out.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The money is on the comeback.
  • TheRegulatorr
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hard Work and producing a fantastic game like BF1 cost Money. Everybody has to pay thier rent and feed the Family. Profits beyond . . Naturally its a reward. And the Premium game is not expensive compared to the final result with all Dlc's. You get to play 14 days before the official release, and even before that if you join the CTE. Dice listen to people playing the CTE, and you can make the Dlc better before realease with your ideas and response. The French Dlc is awsome especialy in Opr, people are actually starting to play as teams . . . Dont miss it.
  • cammoses003

I like the way it divides it. The team play in DLC right now is awesome. Granted you have to work harder for kills due to high skill of most premium players, but it only makes you better. Even after they gave those dlcs away, most only played them long enough to get the weapons then quit. So it was a failed attempt in my eyes to fill servers.

i guess i like aspects of its division too, definitely has its pro's and con's

• xSha3nx
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

The first DLC costs less than lunch or a drink at a restaurant (50 euro divided by 4).

Totally agreed with you! I don't understand why they were complaining about?!?! All we do is give up one (ONE) fast food meal per month to buy DLC!? I spend soooo much $$$ on candies, slurpees, chips, fast foods... like $200 a month.

star-trek-face-palm-picard.jpg