Anyone else out there that's sticking to one weapon for the rest of BF1's life cycle?

Comments

  • l___R0bb0___l
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    I personally like to set myself a target of 500 kills for a weapon then move on. I have been doing this for the last couple of battlefields and it's a good challenge to keep me interested .

    I'm currently going through hell using the Russian Trench but I'm determined to reach the 500 kill target. It's also a shame when I have to stop using a nice gun.
  • GrizzGolf
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't think any of the sniper rifles were 1 hit kills unless they were a headshot?
  • BaronVonGoon
    7051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    I didn't think any of the sniper rifles were 1 hit kills unless they were a headshot?

    BF1 is different. There's a mechanic for Sniper rifles called the sweet spot. For example, the SMLE, shooting someone 40-80 metres away from you anywhere in the body (Except the hands and legs) is a 1 hit kill. The other snipers have different ranges for their sweet spot. The exception is the Gewehr 95, it doesn't have a sweet spot, but it is the fastest firing of all snipers.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Actually, the new update has gotten me out of my shell trying new weapons. I am doing well with some of them too. So hell no I want to use other weapons now and then. But nothing will replace my mains really.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not yet. Not found the perfect weapon for me sigh.Bar is close but the reload time puts me off still waiting Dice give me a perfect automatic weapon which require skill and don't hamper the user using it.
  • RRedux
    743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like trying new weapons, but I usually end up "stuck" with one that works decently well in most situations.
  • II-Katyusha-II
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Once they add the Mosin Nagant, that's all I'll use.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    anzac1915 wrote: »
    - Scout on the French team I use the Lebel and the Mars Pistol (until they release a French Pistol).

    Didn't the French use the Mle. 1903?
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    anzac1915 wrote: »
    - Scout on the French team I use the Lebel and the Mars Pistol (until they release a French Pistol).

    Didn't the French use the Mle. 1903?

    No, the Mle 1903 is a Belgian made gun adopted by other nations but not by the French army.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Model_1903
  • twisted83
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Of course he's going to abuse the aim assist that's what all the other classes do.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    twisted83 wrote: »
    Of course he's going to abuse the aim assist that's what all the other classes do.

    People talk about infantry Scouts abusing aim assist like it is the only class that has it enabled.
    Medics with SLRs, Assaults with SMGs and especially shotguns, Supports with LMGs; all of them (on console) have aim assist, and all of them can abuse it. I should know, because I used to run Medic a lot.
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Scouts using infantry version for that aim assist 1hk please turn it off and learn your place.

    Not only does op not use auto aim assist but he also doesn't use slowdown aim assist. Can you say that about yourself?

    Smells like BS, there is no reason not to use and abuse auto rotation with infantry variants. You will never, and I repeat, never be able to aim a precise shot as quickly as the auto rotation does, especially if you are using a controller, not even close.

    So you are either a bad player for abusing aim assist, or you are a moron because you choose to handicap yourself. Pick one.

    Neither. You're obviously brain dead because you don't seem to know that auto rotation makes you worse as a player. You haven't figured it out which tells me you're not worth discussing something obviously beyond your current knowledge base.


    Also slowdown is largely irrelevant when it comes to abusing auto rotation. In fact, it's recommended that you play with auto rotation on and slowdown off.

    Wow you are really clueless. Please uninstall BF1.

    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/82862/there-is-too-much-aim-assist-in-this-battlefield/p1

    With how naive you are on this subject, it's funny how you call me clueless.
    I have evidence and footage on my side. You have nothing but words and crappy insults. Have a nice day

    Jesus I watched the footage from the thread, does that even take skill? That's like super ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It depends what the future dlc has in store, I really want the fedorov avtomat to be a medic gun, if not I will probably just stick with the m1907 in some form.
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I change weapons and classes all the time, variety is the spice of life! I do have my favourites of course ie mondragon storm, martini henry, autoloading extended....... also been loving the noobimatico storm recently :D
  • Denisa_Rowen
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    aim assist, yeah.
  • DisguisedMike
    437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll probably stick with the Automatico until the end, I heard that you guys really like getting killed by that :p

    When I find a weapon that I love I just can't stop using it.

    BF3 MTAR-21 <3 38,973 kills
    BF4 AK5C <3 34,508 kills
    BF1 Automatico <3 5,510 kills
  • ILoveBF2Fin
    486 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    Scouts using infantry version for that aim assist 1hk please turn it off and learn your place.

    Not only does op not use auto aim assist but he also doesn't use slowdown aim assist. Can you say that about yourself?

    Smells like BS, there is no reason not to use and abuse auto rotation with infantry variants. You will never, and I repeat, never be able to aim a precise shot as quickly as the auto rotation does, especially if you are using a controller, not even close.

    So you are either a bad player for abusing aim assist, or you are a moron because you choose to handicap yourself. Pick one.

    Neither. You're obviously brain dead because you don't seem to know that auto rotation makes you worse as a player. You haven't figured it out which tells me you're not worth discussing something obviously beyond your current knowledge base.


    Also slowdown is largely irrelevant when it comes to abusing auto rotation. In fact, it's recommended that you play with auto rotation on and slowdown off.

    Wow you are really clueless. Please uninstall BF1.

    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/82862/there-is-too-much-aim-assist-in-this-battlefield/p1

    With how naive you are on this subject, it's funny how you call me clueless.
    I have evidence and footage on my side. You have nothing but words and crappy insults. Have a nice day

    Showing me a post about how aim assist can be abused is completely irrelevant to your previous (idiotic) points which I was arguing:

    Smells like BS, there is no reason not to use and abuse auto rotation with infantry variants. You will never, and I repeat, never be able to aim a precise shot as quickly as the auto rotation does, especially if you are using a controller, not even close.

    So you are either a bad player for abusing aim assist, or you are a moron because you choose to handicap yourself. Pick one.

    Also slowdown is largely irrelevant when it comes to abusing auto rotation. In fact, it's recommended that you play with auto rotation on and slowdown off.

    > guy thinks aim assist makes a player worse (in regards to infantry variants)
    > show guy evidence how aim assist can be abused with infantry variants
    > guy denies said evidence because it's not relevant to aim assist being broken

    http://www.funnybits.mobi/2014/03/arguing-with-idiots-is-like-playing.html?m=1

    Good God. You're completely clueless. Youre saying this 'evidence' shows that auto rotation makes you a better player? You truly delusional.

    I didn't deny aim assist can be abused. I denied it's use as evidence to prove this point of yours:

    Smells like BS, there is no reason not to use and abuse auto rotation with infantry variants. You will never, and I repeat, never be able to aim a precise shot as quickly as the auto rotation does

    The abuse of aim assist is not what I'm arguing and is completely irrelevant in this case. Your ludicirious insinuation that people should use aim assist IS what I'm arguing. Because auto rotation aim assist makes you worse and this point cannot be denied. Period.

    Get a few more chromosomes I don't think you're capable of comprehending structural debate.

    Are you dumb?

    Relying on auto rotation does make you a worse player, in general, but we are and have been talking since the start about infantry variant rifles specifically here. Did you even watch the clips in that topic? How the fk are you worse without auto rotation with iron sighted bolt action rifles? You are somehow magically worse when a snap-on aim assist that almost resembles an aimbot, is disabled? Excuse me wat?
    Let me make this clear: you would never be able to aim precise shots as fast without auto rotation. This is a fact. How hard is this to understand? A player with auto rotation > a player without auto rotation when it comes to infantry variants.

    Also, your insults are pointless and have zero thought behind them. You keep calling me clueless when I'm the one with plenty of experience on this subject (pretty much among the few people who didn't hesitate to shed some light when it comes to auto rotation abusing instead of other people who didn't want to share their exploit so their crutch wouldn't be as known), while you have pretty much no experience, as evidenced by how naive you are, actually thinking auto rotation assist abusing makes you perform worse than someone with "true skill". That's laughable and shows you clearly have no clue.
  • CornishDH
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I mess around with various classes, but last night I got my 75th Mondragon Storm star

    Love that gun
  • ILoveBF2Fin
    486 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    twisted83 wrote: »
    Of course he's going to abuse the aim assist that's what all the other classes do.

    People talk about infantry Scouts abusing aim assist like it is the only class that has it enabled.
    Medics with SLRs, Assaults with SMGs and especially shotguns, Supports with LMGs; all of them (on console) have aim assist, and all of them can abuse it. I should know, because I used to run Medic a lot.

    It's not the only class that has it enabled, however auto rotation is ideal for infantry variants and shotguns (minus the Slug, as auto rotation only works with iron sights).
    You can't really abuse the aim assist in the same way with a SMG/LMG/SLR as you can with a bolt action rifle, if you get what I'm saying.
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CornishDH wrote: »
    I mess around with various classes, but last night I got my 75th Mondragon Storm star

    Love that gun

    props to you for the 75 stars with it, it's beastly in the right hands. More people tend to flock to the selbstlader because of the large mag and quick reload even though the Mondragon is much more rewarding.
Sign In or Register to comment.