Anyone else out there that's sticking to one weapon for the rest of BF1's life cycle?

Comments

• nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I almost use all kind of weapons. Makes the game much more fun. I would be so bored after so much kills with one weapon.
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @motafied, I can see you're still very fond of the Hellriegel for the assault though ;)

but yeah i understand where you're coming from, it's easy not to get bored of it because it's the most efficient..
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Every thread on these forums turns to excrement.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AL8 .25 is my go to weapon. Suits my playstyle the most and is my comp weapon. It does not suit all playstyles, maps and gamemodes so I´m switching it up quite often.
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AL8 .25 is my go to weapon. Suits my playstyle the most and is my comp weapon. It does not suit all playstyles, maps and gamemodes so I´m switching it up quite often.

What variant, the factory/marksman/extended?

Also what are your thought on the RS 17 in comparison to the AL 8.25?
  • Austacker
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For the most part, yes.

I did the same in BF3 (M60), BF4 (M60) and now BF1 (MG15 Suppressive).

Why?

Because there are many rifles, but this one is mine...
  • koikah
    74 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not sure about primaries, but as far as secondaries go, I'll always run with the M1911 and never any other pistol... it's just too good
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

.25 only has one version. The Extended.

I like the RSC 1917, I don´t have the skill with it yet to be relaxed and sucessfull. It will take a long time to get there but I´ll invest time to it. It´s an unique weapon and with a high skillgap.
  • realistalive
    edited March 2017

I like the RSC 1917, I don´t have the skill with it yet to be relaxed and sucessfull. It will take a long time to get there but I´ll invest time to it. It´s an unique weapon and with a high skillgap.

Can I ask you another question, with you being an ex-comp player and everything.

What kind of minimap zoom radius are you using. I've tweaked every setting up until now other than the minimap and after starting to mess around with it I could swear it messes with my perception of distance after running on default minimap the whole time. After cranking it up I think the red dot on the map is a couple of feet away, when in reality the enemy's about a mile away from me. It's somewhat disorienting...

So, what's the most optimal on foot zoom radius to use?
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @motafied, I can see you're still very fond of the Hellriegel for the assault though ;)

but yeah i understand where you're coming from, it's easy not to get bored of it because it's the most efficient..
    Was fun using for a while, but as you notice and saw I got serveral weapons above the 1000+ kills.
  • SH1GGLES
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pretty disappointed with the new weapons in the DLC. I use the Support (Sho Sho) but other weapons are better. Weapons from the old collection are better.
    For me it's the Selbstlader Marksman with 170 Service Stars
    Hellriegel 62 Service Stars
    BAR:
    Light Tank 178 Service Stars
    Heavy Tank 126 Service Stars
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    @StarscreamUK time to put ole yell'er down?
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm sticking with the chauchat low weight
  • BaronVonGoon
    7017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For me it's both the Madsen and MG15 (Map dependent). They're versatile. My playstyle demands versatility. I like a gun that covers the following criteria:

-Allows me to be aggressive.
    -Decent when an enemy is 5 metres in front of me and decent when an enemy is 80 metres away.
    -My biggest fear, getting on a great flank and having to reload after killing 2 enemies. I want to kill them all as fast as possible, before I'm spotted.
    -Ease of use. LMGs are more forgiving. This game isn't easy, why make things harder.
    -Ammo. I run out of ammo when using SMG, SLRs, and BASRs. And it's not from being trigger happy -- I have above average accuracy -- just live too long I guess.

• Malliz
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On xbox,

I turned off Aim Assist and the other setting. No fun playing that way for me <shrug>.

Sure, some people say I'm handicapping myself. And I was... I was handicapping my fun with that quick-scope crap. LOL.

I like the sweet, sweet satisfaction of a well aimed hit/kill.

• realistalive

I came across a dude who had 300 service stars on the BAR Storm and he already managed to get like 4,000 kills with the Chauchat in a week.. that's crazy. Similar story with plenty of assaults & medics who dropped their 100+ star Hellriegels/automaticos and Mondragons/Selbstladers to focus on the ribeyrolles & RSC's.

Kinda goes to show that the devs did a stellar job with the DLC weapons to make people expand their horizons and get out of the comfort zone like that..
  • SH1GGLES
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I came across a dude who had 300 service stars on the BAR Storm and he already managed to get like 4,000 kills with the Chauchat in a week.. that's crazy. Similar story with plenty of assaults & medics who dropped their 100+ star Hellriegels/automaticos and Mondragons/Selbstladers to focus on the ribeyrolles & RSC's.

Kinda goes to show that the devs did a stellar job with the DLC weapons to make people expand their horizons and get out of the comfort zone like that..

Stellar job? No way. I've been playing with the Chauchet (primarily telescopic) just because I'm trying to find something good about the DLC weapons. Currently at rank 107 and I rarely come across other people using it. I'm now playing regularly with 8 guys, all rank between 98-110 and I'm the only one who uses the Chauchet when running support.
    The Ribeyrolles is decent, but again, I see a lot more guys in the DLC playing with the Hellriegel. The 6 round mag for the RSC makes it unrealistic. If you're facing 2-3 people you're screwed. If you empty your mag the reload gives you 5 rounds back. I've gone back to the Selbstlader which has a 2 headshot kill or 3 body shot and a 24-round mag.
    The DLC shotty and scout are just bad. I haven't been killed by either of those weapons since the DLC and haven't run across anyone who uses them. The comments I've heard from others are also just as bad.
    DICE devs did what they do best, they put in the minimum effort necessary and ignore the player base.
  • ProLegion_exor

Can I ask you another question, with you being an ex-comp player and everything.

What kind of minimap zoom radius are you using. I've tweaked every setting up until now other than the minimap and after starting to mess around with it I could swear it messes with my perception of distance after running on default minimap the whole time. After cranking it up I think the red dot on the map is a couple of feet away, when in reality the enemy's about a mile away from me. It's somewhat disorienting...

So, what's the most optimal on foot zoom radius to use?
    I'm still comp, fake PS4 comp tho.

I use 130% minimap size, 75m zoom radius, 50% transparancy and team mates to 0.
  • realistalive

Thanks man, I'll give 75m zoom radius a shot

I tried 100-150 and feel as though it's too much. I'm asking because I main as a recon and spot flares never fit in the minimap and I was looking to change that. Appreciate your reply.
  • ProLegion_exor

Thanks man, I'll give 75m zoom radius a shot

I tried 100-150 and feel as though it's too much. I'm asking because I main as a recon and spot flares never fit in the minimap and I was looking to change that. Appreciate your reply.

NP.
    I always PTO ultrahard and never engage or care about enemies further away then 75 meters. As Scout it depends on your playstyle and engagements.