Anyone else out there that's sticking to one weapon for the rest of BF1's life cycle?

Comments

• Sir-Smithsonian
    908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm sticking with the chauchat low weight

I came across a dude who had 300 service stars on the BAR Storm and he already managed to get like 4,000 kills with the Chauchat in a week.. that's crazy. Similar story with plenty of assaults & medics who dropped their 100+ star Hellriegels/automaticos and Mondragons/Selbstladers to focus on the ribeyrolles & RSC's.

Kinda goes to show that the devs did a stellar job with the DLC weapons to make people expand their horizons and get out of the comfort zone like that..

I've got 11 service stars so far. I'm not even close to 100 service stars with any weapon, the most I have with any gun is 35, 23, 22 and now 11 lol
  • BaronVonGoon
    7017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AL8 .25 is my go to weapon. Suits my playstyle the most and is my comp weapon. It does not suit all playstyles, maps and gamemodes so I´m switching it up quite often.

What variant, the factory/marksman/extended?

Also what are your thought on the RS 17 in comparison to the AL 8.25?

.25 only has one version. The Extended.

I like the RSC 1917, I don´t have the skill with it yet to be relaxed and sucessfull. It will take a long time to get there but I´ll invest time to it. It´s an unique weapon and with a high skillgap.

Can I ask you another question, with you being an ex-comp player and everything.

What kind of minimap zoom radius are you using. I've tweaked every setting up until now other than the minimap and after starting to mess around with it I could swear it messes with my perception of distance after running on default minimap the whole time. After cranking it up I think the red dot on the map is a couple of feet away, when in reality the enemy's about a mile away from me. It's somewhat disorienting...

So, what's the most optimal on foot zoom radius to use?
    I'm still comp, fake PS4 comp tho.

I use 130% minimap size, 75m zoom radius, 50% transparancy and team mates to 0.

Cant question your skills. But that's so low, 75m? Ill be trying it. I'm using 250 or something crazy high to give me a general idea of where to expect people when i plan flank routes.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AL8 .25 is my go to weapon. Suits my playstyle the most and is my comp weapon. It does not suit all playstyles, maps and gamemodes so I´m switching it up quite often.

What variant, the factory/marksman/extended?

Also what are your thought on the RS 17 in comparison to the AL 8.25?

.25 only has one version. The Extended.

I like the RSC 1917, I don´t have the skill with it yet to be relaxed and sucessfull. It will take a long time to get there but I´ll invest time to it. It´s an unique weapon and with a high skillgap.

Can I ask you another question, with you being an ex-comp player and everything.

What kind of minimap zoom radius are you using. I've tweaked every setting up until now other than the minimap and after starting to mess around with it I could swear it messes with my perception of distance after running on default minimap the whole time. After cranking it up I think the red dot on the map is a couple of feet away, when in reality the enemy's about a mile away from me. It's somewhat disorienting...

So, what's the most optimal on foot zoom radius to use?
    I'm still comp, fake PS4 comp tho.

I use 130% minimap size, 75m zoom radius, 50% transparancy and team mates to 0.

Cant question your skills. But that's so low, 75m? Ill be trying it. I'm using 250 or something crazy high to give me a general idea of where to expect people when i plan flank routes.

I posted why on the 1st page, the last post :)
    For overwiev I use the D pad instead.
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After trying out the expanded minimap, zoom radius and toning down the opacity, I can definitely say it improves your awareness. When shooting out flares & spotting enemies at a distance I had to open up the overview to assess the situation everytime, now all the enemies are visible on the minimap and so is the full radius of the spot flare.

So, there's no need to obstruct my screen by expanding the map every time. It definitely helps a lot..
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Exor thanks a lot, in like a fortnight my infy k/d went from 4.95 to 5.15 & that's not exactly easy to do when you have 90k kills.. the mini-map changes coupled with non stop spot flares just makes me aware of every enemy around me all the time. This really upped my game thanks, hopefully I'll get to 6 infy k/d b4 the end of BF1's cycle.

I only have a support buddy running with me and throwing pouches my way, but no medics to revive me..
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Exor thanks a lot, in like a fortnight my infy k/d went from 4.95 to 5.15 & that's not exactly easy to do when you have 90k kills.. the mini-map changes coupled with non stop spot flares just makes me aware of every enemy around me all the time. This really upped my game thanks, hopefully I'll get to 6 infy k/d b4 the end of BF1's cycle.

I only have a support buddy running with me and throwing pouches my way, but no medics to revive me..

So the changes helped?
    Thats a great increase of K/D, hope you reach your goals.
  • Forkbeard84
    1626 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lh20122012 wrote: »
    I would but dice forgot to put me a horse on every map.
    crabman169 wrote: »
    lh20122012 wrote: »
    I would but dice forgot to put me a horse on every map.

• realistalive
    Thanks, but it'd be even better if the default map was increased in radius for everyone. I'm betting my teammates see the red general direction pointers in the edges of the map for lit up enemies instead of the red dots with their tiny maps..

What are some of your goals, if any?
  • ProLegion_exor
    Thanks, but it'd be even better if the default map was increased in radius for everyone. I'm betting my teammates see the red general direction pointers in the edges of the map for lit up enemies instead of the red dots with their tiny maps..

What are some of your goals, if any?

Mainly to be as good as possible at the game and have fun on the way. Talking in a competitive enviroment and not steamroling/pubstomping. Other then that just keep improving with the RSC, to see how dominant you can be when you reach the highest possible skill with it.
  • realistalive
    edited April 2017
    So you put the 8.25 to rest then after all those kills? The RSC must be one hell of a weapon to make you switch like that...

I would never be able to do that with the M.95, mostly because The Lebel and the upcoming Nagant aren't going to be anything worth while. Maybe turning tides/apocalypse DLC's might feature some viable alternatives, for now there's no point in using anything else personally. But damn, I need to try out the RSC for myself now..

terratubes had like 20k with the M.95 and he stopped using it and switched over to the RSC as well, but you guys both play DOM though whereas I play CQ, so I still need to shoot further than 100+ meters most of the time. We'll see how it plays out
  • ProLegion_exor
    So you put the 8.25 to rest then after all those kills? The RSC must be one hell of a weapon to make you switch like that...

I would never be able to do that with the M.95, mostly because The Lebel and the upcoming Nagant aren't going to be anything worth while. Maybe turning tides/apocalypse DLC's might feature some viable alternatives, for now there's no point in using anything else personally. But damn, I need to try out the RSC for myself now..

terratubes had like 20k with the M.95 and he stopped using it and switched over to the RSC as well, but you guys both play DOM though whereas I play CQ, so I still need to shoot further than 100+ meters most of the time. We'll see how it plays out

Yes he also switched with success. It´s working great on Operations for me so should work on CQ also, just change your engagements a bit.

AL8 .25 will always be the gun I use when playing competitivly, but needed a change when I play public and my love for the RSC was instantly when TSNP launched.
  • realistalive
    @ProLegion_exor I've one more question to ask you and I won't bother you anymore. I know it might sound stupid, but..

Do you replace the thumbsticks on your controller and if so, how often? It's just that after I'd say 1.2k hours with the new controller my analog sticks (more specifically the right one) feel completely worn out. Like I have to mess with the deadzone back and forth because the input seems all messed up. Do you buy new ones, then take apart the controller and replace them?
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Works great with the Martini as well

Well, it's very clear you love to abuse AA, I mean you have less than 50% accuracy with scout rifles and can't even land 1 out of 2 shots on target on average...

I for one prefer being accurate and have AA turned off. You should just stick to other classes and actually help your team if you're going to be missing over half your shots.

aim assist aside, accuracy with rifles means absolutely nothing when you shoot for pilots and try random no-scope pop shots cross map (all about those montage clips).. the only accuracy stat that is somewhat relevant for rifles is headshot/kill ratio, and is often a dead give-away for whether an infantry rifle player abuses aim assist
  • ProLegion_exor
    @ProLegion_exor I've one more question to ask you and I won't bother you anymore. I know it might sound stupid, but..

Do you replace the thumbsticks on your controller and if so, how often? It's just that after I'd say 1.2k hours with the new controller my analog sticks (more specifically the right one) feel completely worn out. Like I have to mess with the deadzone back and forth because the input seems all messed up. Do you buy new ones, then take apart the controller and replace them?

NP, you are not bothering me at all mate.

I play with a SCUF 4PS Pro that I got from an sponsor almost 2 years ago. I actually got 2 and the other one is still wrapped in the box. I´ve played around 3.500 hours with it without feeling any change to the response (have to be a ultra rare well build ex).. Don´t know how a DS4 is but can´t imagine it´s worse.

The biggest issue I´ve is the blutooth connection wich has some delays and wierd inputs sometimes. A new controller is just launched and can be directly wired and played thru USB connection on the PS4.
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Holy crap you made a lot of kills with that weapon that's for sure!! WOW. I stick to one weapon generally. I don't understand people that uses different weapons all the time. That is like being a jack of all trades master of none.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yes he also switched with success. It´s working great on Operations for me so should work on CQ also, just change your engagements a bit.

AL8 .25 will always be the gun I use when playing competitivly, but needed a change when I play public and my love for the RSC was instantly when TSNP launched.

8.25 or 8.35 why 8.25 when there is 8.35?
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    test out everything, it's like you paid 60$ just to experience 1% of the game LOL
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lucidstorm wrote: »
    test out everything, it's like you paid 60$ just to experience 1% of the game LOL

What do u mean I'm sure everyone has tested every weapons in this game since there is already less amount of it.So......What do u mean.
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    xenome111 wrote: »
    lucidstorm wrote: »

What do u mean I'm sure everyone has tested every weapons in this game since there is already less amount of it.So......What do u mean.

yes I mean experience the game to it's fullest if you haven't done so already, there are players focusing on one thing and ignoring the rest, for instance I know the best gun in bf3 is ump (undeniably), but I play other guns that are weaker as well, I notice that when I pick up random weapons from other players is the time I have the greatest fun and satisfaction/surprise
  • ShaneHewlin
    74 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Scouts using infantry version for that aim assist 1hk please turn it off and learn your place.

looks like someones pissed off about scouts merking them..... grow up ill out score you any day of the week using scout... learn my place.... sure thing... at the top of the leaderboard