Fix planes...

2»

Comments

• DawnOfNoob
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sick of people going 30-1 or 60-4 and just zipping by and getting one shot kills with zero opposition.

ME TOO! SHOOT AT PLANES!!!!!!!
    (But not with the AA gun because they're for area denial. Shoot at them with your primary weapon.)

I love to pepper the occasional plane with an LMG or Bolt Action rifle. Might be nice to put the fear of God into low flying pilots if the infantry weps actually did more damage to planes. (Especially seeing as they LOVE to nerf the AA over and over again)

It'd be nice if ALL the LMGs could reliably damage a Bomber. I know the Huot will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to one unless the Bomber is within literal spitting distance from the ground. (You'll see hitmarkers - but you won't actually damage the plane.) I believe either the Madsen or Lewis suffers from the same issue - I forget exactly which though. The other LMGs work as intended in any case - especially on the other planes.

• SilkWildey
    843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No doubt in my mind the TF will be nerfed and rightly so, anyone still defending that thing is off their meds.
  • CaptaPraelium
    1674 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You're right, it is pretty funny to watch a plane trying to fly away and repair only to discover that my sniper rifle or MG have effectively unlimited range. Even funnier when they call hacks because they think it's impossible to kill a plane with an SMLE.
  • SaintBrandon88
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've spent a fair amount of time in both the attack plane and fighter. I can honestly say this. If they nerf the fighter, it still won't cure your problems with pilots going 60-2. It will just be that attack planes are going 60-2 instead of fighters.
  • MarxistDictator
    4215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If an attack plane pilot can only get as many kills as he would in a fighter he sucks big time. Even with wasting so much time avoiding or fighting fighters your attack KPM should be higher.

Honestly the fighter is much less annoying to ground than an attack plane. If you nerf the trench fighter to that point you'll just start whining about those.

The only problem with the trench fighter is the cooldown, it should reload slower than the other bombers because it's a fighter not a bomber.
  • CaptaPraelium
    If you nerf the trench fighter to that point you'll just start whining about those.
    QFT. These guys are just whining because they haven't developed a counter for planes and expect anything that can beat them to be nerfed.
  • SilkWildey
    843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If an attack plane pilot can only get as many kills as he would in a fighter he sucks big time. Even with wasting so much time avoiding or fighting fighters your attack KPM should be higher.

Honestly the fighter is much less annoying to ground than an attack plane. If you nerf the trench fighter to that point you'll just start whining about those.

The only problem with the trench fighter is the cooldown, it should reload slower than the other bombers because it's a fighter not a bomber.

Should be slowed down aswell in my opinion, the reason people don't complain about Attack planes because they can be fought off with SAA because they're nowhere near as fast and agile as the trench fighters.

• Sed83
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    agree... i cant believe DICE nerf the tanks and buff the planes (by nerfing the AA guns damage)
  • CaptaPraelium
    Sed83 wrote: »
    agree... i cant believe DICE nerf the tanks and buff the planes (by nerfing the AA guns damage)

They only nerfed impact damage, which only happens if the plane is flying directly at the gun (because the shell hits the plane before it explodes in the air - this is not how the guns are meant to work)
    The blast damage (the explosion in the air) is the same.
  • Sed83
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

They only nerfed impact damage, which only happens if the plane is flying directly at the gun (because the shell hits the plane before it explodes in the air - this is not how the guns are meant to work)

oh i didnt know that... thanks for correcting me... i was wondering cos i could still take down planes easily on fao fortress lol...
  • CaptaPraelium

oh i didnt know that... thanks for correcting me... i was wondering cos i could still take down planes easily on fao fortress lol...

I can hardly blame you! There's a lot of hype and FUD about the nerf.
  • disposalist
    6134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I hated the jets in BF4. The planes in BF1 are fine. Fun and effective yet totally counterable.

There may be possible balance issues in some Operations sectors, though I've not noticed, I don't play Ops much. There may be possible balance issues with Trench Fighter, but since it's counterable, the only real problem is how it's pointless flying Anti-Bomber or Dogfighter variants.

The AA nerf has had no difference, as noted above by others.

Fix planes? Nothing to fix.
  • CaptaPraelium
    I hated the jets in BF4. The planes in BF1 are fine. Fun and effective yet totally counterable.

There may be possible balance issues in some Operations sectors, though I've not noticed, I don't play Ops much. There may be possible balance issues with Trench Fighter, but since it's counterable, the only real problem is how it's pointless flying Anti-Bomber or Dogfighter variants.

The AA nerf has had no difference, as noted above by others.

Fix planes? Nothing to fix.

Mostly agree here but... The bomber killer loadout is actually really good, the speed boost can give you an advantage in some dogfights, and allows you to be very evasive when things go sour and it's time to get out of dodge. Also, the rockets have the ability to damage certain lightly armoured targets, most notably the AA guns, even when nobody is on them.... So you can theoretically destroy all the AA guns and have a more clear sky. The dogfighter repairs also allow you to be very aggressive and reduce your time spent flying away to repair, meaning more time on target, and the cannons have a unique zoom sight which allows you to pick off infantry from some distance. About 5 or 6 rounds in (maybe a couple more I didn't really count) the spread on the cannons becomes a laser beam, as they have negative spread increase like the infy MGs do. I do feel like the loose spread initially, serves as a bit of a warning to infy though. Rounds land either side of them, they panic and run, and can be very hard to hit. I feel like they could use a VERY SMALL buff.
    All that being said, I prefer trench though, not for the darts, but for the flares. The situational awareness they offer your team is just too good to pass up. The very best way to have control of the sky, is to help the team take control of the objectives below you, and the flares do that like nobody's business.