Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

How can the cheater situation be so different in the different regions?

yoss1994
190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited March 19
I'm playing on the EU cluster. I have roughly 120 hours in this game and I've encountered a grand total of about 2-3 cheaters so far. All while the forums are loud from people from the US and Asia clusters saying the cheating situation is out of control. How is that possible? Ok, I know that these statements tend to be highly exaggerated - there probably aren't as many cheaters as it would seem judging from these posts. Yet I don't doubt cheating is a pretty much everyday issue in those regions. How is it possible that servers are practically cheater-free in the EU, while they're massively infested in the US and in Asia?

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    3946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 19
    I see very few cheaters in US servers (at least eastern US servers). I've actually seen more in EU servers. I've hear that Asian servers are infested though.
  • STOPchris
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The game has a lot period. This is an issue that falls right in DICE/EA's hands. I will not buy another game from them because of this. They just crap all over their customers and don't do anything about the real issues, like this one, in the game. They sure are quick to roll out more DLC though!
  • xenome111
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Don't hear only try it play once in Asia servers.U will either laugh or cry.Today I saw a medic running with trench raider mace ohkilling everyone in giants shadow map in tdm game mode.
  • Draftus95
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    I see very few cheaters in US servers (at least eastern US servers). I've actually seen more in EU servers. I've hear that Asian servers are infested though.

South Korea...
  • tstang79
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've heard that Internet cafés are big in Asia where everyone says most of the hacks are playing from. You might be more tempted to cheat in a place like that if the players on either side of you are doing it. I think the majority of the hacks are kids. I'm sure peer pressure has a lot to do with it. Not trying to make excuses, just my thoughts.
  • ragnarok013
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Same here, I have seen very few real cheaters in the past and even currently in Bf1. Most of the time it's either lag or people getting killed by higher skilled players causing hackusations.
  • tstang79
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Same here, I have seen very few real cheaters in the past and even currently in Bf1. Most of the time it's either lag or people getting killed by higher skilled players causing hackusations.

Agreed. However reading these cheater threads makes you think half the players are cheating.
  • xenome111
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    tstang79 wrote: »

Agreed. However reading these cheater threads makes you think half the players are cheating.

Just play in Asia servers for once.
  • TrulyBarbaric
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Statistically, every 64 players there is supposed to be 2 cheaters in a match.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/t7201/im_a_hacker_and_i_have_some_information_for_the/
  • tstang79
    xenome111 wrote: »

Just play in Asia servers for once.

Is that where you're from? I play in US servers. I've come across only a handful of blatant hackers since the game launched. Those being the one shot hacks.
  • emerson1975
    500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 19
    Just because you don't see superman one shotting everyone from 8 mile away it don't mean nobody is CHEATING!

These cheats must be laughing there bottoms off!
  • tstang79
    I said BLATANT!!! I'm sure I've been in servers where people were using other hacks. But I don't think it's as toxic as other people are suggesting. I think a lot of these hackusations can be explained. My own personal opinion.
  • emerson1975
    500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I said BLATANT!!! I'm sure I've been in servers where people were using other hacks. But I don't think it's as toxic as other people are suggesting. I think a lot of these hackusations can be explained. My own personal opinion.

Fairfight does it's job with BLATANT hacks.
    The trouble is the blatant cheater is a minority within cheat communities.

No client side anti cheat and it's open season for cheats and these communities know it.
  • tstang79

Fairfight does it's job with BLATANT hacks.
    The trouble is the blatant cheater is a minority within cheat communities.

No client side anti cheat and it's open season for cheats and these communities know it.

Agreed. But it doesn't look like there's going to be anything other than FF.
  • johnojohnson
    338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You know what i think is big issue is ping . I live in Asia , China to be exact but am forced to play on Japanese servers . The closest would have to be around 2000km maybe further , might sound funny but many times when you are playing with such a ping handicap from when you die to where it shows the shooter they may have moved 5 meters in the game . The pings dont display correct / true ping reading ,BF4 was also the same ( would say ping of 60 but actually it was around 130 )
    So people die , see battle replay and scream wall hack or aimbot , or when in 1 v1 gun fight meeting around corner generally loose out as it takes them extra second to fire the other guy has already shot and moved on .
    Of course there are still blatant hacks / cheats as well but not as many as people think , well thats my opinion and I am on the receiving end
  • Rapwnzel2000
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yoss1994 wrote: »
    I'm playing on the EU cluster. I have roughly 120 hours in this game and I've encountered a grand total of about 2-3 cheaters so far. All while the forums are loud from people from the US and Asia clusters saying the cheating situation is out of control. How is that possible? Ok, I know that these statements tend to be highly exaggerated - there probably aren't as many cheaters as it would seem judging from these posts. Yet I don't doubt cheating is a pretty much everyday issue in those regions. How is it possible that servers are practically cheater-free in the EU, while they're massively infested in the US and in Asia?

Just quit on a eu server. Attack plane had over 100 kills despite fog. Got in a plane 3 times, was dead some seconds later every time with the guy in a distance a legit player wouldn't even try to shoot. There were also 3 snipers with 50+ kills noone of them over lvl 20 but perfect shots across the map. Would say 4 obvious cheater in a single game and while this one was one of the worst games i saw, i feel perhaps about 20% of the eu servers i try have no obvious cheaters. Beeing in the top 5% getting killed in this game i dare to say i can assess quite well if the other guy was better than me, which happens a lot or the reason for dying was the fairfight cheater protection, which also happens a lot.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Probably a bunch of reasons, but maybe something to do with east Asian culture and the pressure they have from their society to "be great" at well, almost anything they do.

I imagine that mindset could spill over into other activities, including gaming. If their skills don't measure up, cheating might help relive the social pressure, which might be more of burden than it is here in the West.

I spent a few months in Japan once, while I was there, a Metro driver in Shibuya took his own life after he overshot the station by a some distance, and had to reverse the train making it late. He was the first driver to ever delay the Metro system to that degree due to pilot error (only about 5 minutes late probably) and the humiliation/shame he brought on his family and his own name caused him to end it all.

If you have a whole culture that strives for perfection in everything, then it doesn't really surprise me that they cheat a bit more than over here, to attempt to achieve said "perfection", even if it's only an illusion of it.

Just my guess as to one reason so take it with a pinch of salt....I don't know enough about the culture really.. but it can only be a cultural problem, and public facing companies don't like to address the issue for political reasons, but it's hard to deny the facts that multiplayer video game cheating in Asia is much more of a problem than in other territories. You only get the right answers (and therefore progress) when you are allowed to ask the right questions.
  • tstang79
    I saw a documentary about how kids in china are treated when they don't perform well. Those Chinese gymnasts were beaten during practice when they messed up in front of everyone, eight year old girls!!! It was rumored that their ages were lied about during the Olympics.
  • moribuntarou
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20
    I'm playing on Asian servers and can you that the cheating is really out of control. I met cheaters almost every night. (for example, some of them used LMGs to 1 shot kill from far away, and got like 100/3 K/D as a support guy)
    From their names and avatars, you may guess most of them came from China.

I'm not racism. It's mainly a problem of culture. Some of them have less sense of rules, agreements, sportsmanship, teamwork, etc.
    How do I know about the "culture"? Well, I worked in Asia and my company got many Chinese clients. We interacted with them frequently.
    By the way, I think most of Chinese players are performing well without cheating. But many of cheaters I met in BF1 were likely Chinese.
  • moribuntarou
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You know what i think is big issue is ping . I live in Asia , China to be exact but am forced to play on Japanese servers . The closest would have to be around 2000km maybe further , might sound funny but many times when you are playing with such a ping handicap from when you die to where it shows the shooter they may have moved 5 meters in the game . The pings dont display correct / true ping reading ,BF4 was also the same ( would say ping of 60 but actually it was around 130 )
    So people die , see battle replay and scream wall hack or aimbot , or when in 1 v1 gun fight meeting around corner generally loose out as it takes them extra second to fire the other guy has already shot and moved on .
    Of course there are still blatant hacks / cheats as well but not as many as people think , well thats my opinion and I am on the receiving end
    Some problems may be due to high pings.
    But..
    High ping does not contribute to 1 shot killing every enemy from far across the map with LMGs.
    High ping does not make you be able to drop a med kit immediately after firing a flare as a recon (without picking up tools from dead medics).
    High ping does not make to be able to spawn on a new tank everytime instantly after you're dead.
    I encountered all the above situations. They're obviously cheating.

If you complain about high ping, you may try Hong Kong servers instead of Japanese ones.