Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

DICE, Please Stop Trying To Destroy The Franchise.

Not_Paul_Blart
694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
You're taking the franchise down a bad path and the community is trying to tell you we don't want these changes. We don't want Battlefield to become what Battlefront was. We play Battlefield because it took more skill and thought than your competitors. If I wanted casual gameplay I would go buy COD, but I don't so I won't. Please just listen to us, do not destroy what is the only good FPS there is really, at least on consoles. I beg you, just stop. No auto-replenish on anything, bring back the depth previous BF titles had in regards to your stats page, go back to letting us pick out how we want to set up our weapons and vehicles instead of giving us preset loadouts, and stop catering to the casuals, they aren't the ones that have been your loyal fans for 10+ years. We buy Battlefield to get the Battlefield experience, and you are slowly changing what that experience is, and changing it for the worse. You're killing your own creation. STOP!

Comments

• GRIZZ11283
    1133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This game is in no way like cod, what are you talking about?
  • Decikraytor_6
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

If youve never played cod how would you know?
  • GRIZZ11283
    1133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

At what point did I say I've never played cod?
  • doctorrocktor
    790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I played cod bf1 is nothing like it.
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    2510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No, the vocal community here is hating it.
    They are loving it over on reddit.
  • Not_Paul_Blart
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Learn to read. I never said this game was like COD.
  • TerraTubes
    320 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

He did read. You compared the casual aspect to cod.
  • zePokar1
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TerraTubes wrote: »

Wich is a totally fair comparison.
  • Not_Paul_Blart

I was comparing casualness in general to COD as it's the most casual FPS that I'm aware of, not BF itself. D- for reading comprehension.
  • TerraTubes
    320 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I was comparing casualness in general to COD as it's the most casual FPS that I'm aware of, not BF itself. D- for reading comprehension.

Your post is about the battlefield franchise.. so when you say " if i wanted a casual fps i would play cod" its safe to infer you're saying that battlefield is turning into a casual fps.
  • ThePunisher_be
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 19
    Still, his point stands: auto-replenishing of ammunition has no place in this game. The same goes for health, but that **** has been around since consoleport BFBC(2).

The system of BF2 was much better, which introduced throwable health and ammo pouches. You had no ammo, nor health regeneration if you didn't pick up a pouch. Besides, the support and medic classes were rewarded substantial amounts of points for resupplying sensu lato, so these pouches were omnipresent.

The continued dumbing down of the game has to stop.
  • zePokar1
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The continued dumbing down of the game has to stop.

I'm afraid it won't though. The more casual and noob friendly you make a game the wider of an audience it appeals to which in turn equals more money for everyone involved in making it. I use to try to get my COD playing friends to play Battlefield but they would tell me the game was just too complicated (most people are pretty stupid tbh and anything beyond just point and shoot is beyond their capacity.) By dumbing the game down it makes it more appealing to all those types of people which means more money for EA/DICE and Co. .

A company exists to make money, and when they see a way to make even more money they are going to go ahead and do it. Even if in the long run it drives away their original playerbase. Afterall, it's not the consumers they care about, but rather their money, who cares if you drive off the original userbase just so long as you pull in even more new people.

I agree with that but that goes against what you said in the OP :
    You're taking the franchise down a bad path
    It's the right path for them to go through. I'am not expecting anything of the tripple A titles anymore. Accessibility has completely taken over anything else.
  • Not_Paul_Blart
    edited March 19
    zePokar1 wrote: »

It's the right path for them to go through. I'am not expecting anything of the tripple A titles anymore. Accessibility has completely taken over anything else.

A bad path *for me and other long time players.
  • Not_Paul_Blart
    This game have :
    - No lock-on weapons
    - No therman for tanks
    - Much more destruction
    - Better maps
    - Better class ballance
    - A original theme(few games are in ww1)
    (...)

Sorry. BF1 have flaws. Lack of server browser in operations, suppression, screen shaking and other problems but is much better than BF4.

BF1 is way better than BF4 was, I'm not arguing that.
  • Private_UMPalot
    2707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I miss burst firing weapons and getting a feel for them, most are press the trigger and win smg's and lmg's in BF1. I think the grenade spam will eventually get fixed. But that's the only real problem I have with BF1 now.

BF2 times are long gone, you'll have to find that in another franchise, Red Orchestra games?

I've heard Dice LA are now in charge of all future patch updates.
  • zePokar1
    edited March 19
    zePokar1 wrote: »

A bad path *for me and other long time players.

Sure but that's why you're fighting a lost battle. Just gotta let it go, there are other smaller companies who are trying to deliver deeper experiences.