Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

No update to RSP with DLC Release

Px-Progdogg
438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
They Shall Not Pass any RSP updates yet.

Is this a joke?

The game is almost 6 months old and what features do we have?

I really wish this whole RSP fiasco was communicated to the community properly from the start as personally I know I would never had purchased BF1 if I knew how Trash RSP was going to be 6 months later. DICE's interpretation on the word SOON is not only laughable but insulting. If they told me "Within the next year RSP will have x amount of features" back in October then I would have waited to purchase the game, if at all. Rented servers have always been a staple for BF communities (at least on PC).

There is still no response from DICE on these forums. what is the purpose of this forum? Remember when there was a community manager that seemed to have been quite involved with the community prior to release? Strange how that changed after the game released. Remember that master list of questions that @Braddock512 compiled, nothing came of it, it got swept under the carpet like every other question and replaced with "Soon", "Stay Tuned", "We will have updates soon". I haven't seen any posts on this forum get an answer from DICE in months, unless it is to defend themselves or reiterate the forum rules.

If RSP's features aren't being worked on then someone freaking say something, tell us they wont be rolled out until "AT LEAST X DATE, POSSIBLY LONGER". I was 100% led to believe that RSP will be "Coming shortly after release of the game" and that it would "Have a bunch of features" similar to that of Procon.

No one from DICE want's to give any consumers any real information or response. Do we just give up? Is RSP not important enough?

Comments

• Px-Progdogg
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dwysywd wrote: »
    I, like you, bought the game thinking we would have the ability to rent and admin a server like in years past. My hope superseded the fact we had NO info about servers. This was my mistake thinking things would remain the same.

Sadly, I've only played a few hours and our clan has stayed with BF4, for the most part. I've been checking back here to see if any updates would make it worth wild to rent again. Unfortunately, it still is not worth my hard earned dollar.

At this point, we've moved on from the game and are looking for others. Next time I'll not be basing purchases assuming things will be the same and more importantly, never pre-purchasing. I typically only buy one game a year, but the $120.00 Invested was my lose and won't be making that mistake again.

Yea too right, I made the same assumptions and mistake. Guess I can only learn and move on to a different franchise.
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    759 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dwysywd wrote: »
    I, like you, bought the game thinking we would have the ability to rent and admin a server like in years past. My hope superseded the fact we had NO info about servers. This was my mistake thinking things would remain the same.

Sadly, I've only played a few hours and our clan has stayed with BF4, for the most part. I've been checking back here to see if any updates would make it worth wild to rent again. Unfortunately, it still is not worth my hard earned dollar.

At this point, we've moved on from the game and are looking for others. Next time I'll not be basing purchases assuming things will be the same and more importantly, never pre-purchasing. I typically only buy one game a year, but the $120.00 Invested was my lose and won't be making that mistake again.

Yea too right, I made the same assumptions and mistake. Guess I can only learn and move on to a different franchise.

A lot of people bought the game because of promises DICE employees made about the RSP. Then when they failed to fix the servers "soon" they went silent. First they said Feb, then March, now nothing. in 6 months all we got was kick/ban. Surely it does not take this long to code this stuff. It seems to me they planned on adding these features and quickly changed their minds without telling anyone.
  • iano1978
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The progress on RSP is a bit of a joke at this stage. I guess the reality is they have more things to focus on - DLCs, Ammo 2.0 and a top notch marketing team fueling the hype train.

I've said it before but BF1 is the guinea pig for new features like Platoons, RSP, Companion etc.

The only thing I can say is that things should have been left the way they were and work on these features should have been going on behind the scenes, only released when finished before the title released (whether it be this game or the next one).
  • MadMaxandMACO
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What a shame EA... what a shame
  • S1n31ra
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    THIS is killing the community. Some people are still waiting, hoping, but many have moved on.
  • iano1978
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    S1n31ra wrote: »
    THIS is killing the community. Some people are still waiting, hoping, but many have moved on.

We're down to a handful of active players now.
    We use to use our BF4 server for recruitment and scrims but players aren't willing to wait any longer for RSP updates.
  • Axlerod1
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 20
    The game is done guys. It has been over 6 months. RSP has killed battlefield. Any fixes now will be to late.

DICE has more than proven they do not know anything about server hosting. Gaming was better in the 1990's then what BF1 is today. Yeah the game is prettier to look at but the infrastructure is like player 20 years ago. Yes I have been playing that long.

I am just waiting on DICE to make some sort of announcement that some sort of game with battlefield due by Christmas.
  • CrashCA
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I specifically asked about RSP and it's capabilities prior to purchase and was told rented server with admin powers similar to previous titles would be out shortly after game launch. If I knew shortly was over five months, I also would not have purchased.
  • Blackie03
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Make Battlefield great again!
    Drain the swamp! :D
  • Axlerod1
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Looks like it will be 9 months now after game launch. Dice has killed battlefield series.. Activision killed cod. Now there aren't any good 64 players FPS games
  • Captain_Hermdog
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really wish this whole RSP fiasco was communicated to the community properly from the start as personally I know I would never had purchased BF1 if I knew how Trash RSP was going to be 6 months later.

This quote pretty much sums me up.
  • CptMeeseeks
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Fix something, tell us something this fiasco you have created by trying to cut companies that rent servers out has gone on long enough it's obvious you have no business renting servers to anyone for anything.If you didn't have our money already you would never get it and I will never preorder anything EA or DICE makes again.
  • SrRealist
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I stop in this sub forum from time to time over the last few months to see whats up with RSP and potential additions to the platform. Im not at all surprised that this place has become pitchforks and torches. In fact, i encourage it (provided it doesnt get nasty). EA/Dice have screwed us, period. BF on PC is now a homogenized console experience devoid of the custom server options that made BF3 and BF4 so great.

My own community, whose numbers grew greatly thanks to our custom procon script that allowed players in their in-game squad to be AUTOMATICALLY synced to a private channel within TeamSpeak, has essentially abandoned the effort for obtaining a server due to the lack of control and customization. That was in BF4, and we were incredibly discouraged when we learned that Procon was not making a return. Currently we're looking at the prospects presented by Arma 3 as a way to encourage PTFOing and getting that Battle-feel back. As far as im concerned, at least for the PC community, the Battle-feel in BF is dead.
  • zwolseballetjes
    326 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 25
    Dont you guys realize that EA/DICE is only intrested in money?? They make us enthusiastic with the beta and they promise us golden mountains and what we get? A game like a piece of ****. They allready have our money so now Dice is destroying the game asap. Why? If they destroy the game that means no players and no players mean they dont have to keep the servers in the air and Dice dont have to update the game so they saving a lot of money.
  • Px-Progdogg
    Dont you guys realize that EA/DICE is only intrested in money?? They make us enthusiastic with the beta and they promise us golden mountains and what we get? A game like a piece of ****. They allready have our money so now Dice is destroying the game asap. Why? If they destroy the game that means no players and no players mean they dont have to keep the servers in the air and Dice dont have to update the game so they saving a lot of money.

That is a very interesting accusation there zwol. I think it is a bit more complicated than that. If I were a game developer I would want nothing more than the game to succeed and I am sure DICE/EA are no different. They are not trying to kill the game they simply made a mistake with the rollout of RSP, it still lacks depth, it is still trash and it will take quite a while to rejuvenate. It was a premature product force-released unfinished due to time constrains and customer demand.

Anyway, I am done with the Official Forum, there is no support here, DICE spend more time on twitter and reddit so if you want anything discussed constructively and any questions about the game answered then you will get support there (if they have authority to give it to you), I wouldn't bother asking anything about RSP because everyones vagin'as are tight-lipped and you wont get anything other than "soon", "in the future" or "I can't answer that at this time" or possibly a small queef of information amounting to nothing more than you do already.

Threads here in the forum are nothing more than customer opinion threads, on the rare occasion the "community manager" turns up it is typically to tell you to follow the forum guidelines, a stark contrast to how involved he was pre-release, guess the positive stuff is all that matters right? Anything negative gets the solid cold shoulder it deserves.

Good luck all - mods feel free to close this thread, one of too-many unanswered bi**ch sessions about RSP.

See you all when RSP is finished - AKA the next battlefield game in 1-2 years time.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!