Premium Trials is now live. We'll be postponing 2XP to a later date, ensuring all players can take advantage of the event.
The Defend the Frontlines Mission rewards will be deployed on August 21st. Thanks for your patience.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Chauchat AA Sights

Vexdetta
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Does anyone use the Chauchat's AA sights? They are different from the other AA sights with the LMGs but they... I dunno.. so BIG. And the center spot is more iron sight-like with just a big metal pie with holes around it.

Anyone out there that 'likes' the AA sight? Or least having luck with it? I've been sticking with the iron sights just cause I can't see anything with the AA one.

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    4933 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I love AA's except for these. It takes up half of my screen.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love AA sights in general. On the Madsen, for instance, they are way better than the iron sights and were key in helping me start ignoring the weird magazine. I almost consider them necessary for the Madsen, and preferred (but not vital) for the BAR.

But I HATE the Chauchat's AA sights. There are too many obstructive bits on the bottom. Iron sights all the way for that gun (which several people have complained about, but I think are fine).
  • ANGRYharold
    714 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i thought they were laughably bad in CTE, but i actually am starting to grow fond of them, as the recoil pattern is so high with the normal sights that it can be difficult to stay on target. the front post on the AA sights is slimmer and the little knob at the top is much easier to aim with, IMO.
  • TEKNOCODE
    4933 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I love AA sights in general. On the Madsen, for instance, they are way better than the iron sights and were key in helping me start ignoring the weird magazine. I almost consider them necessary for the Madsen, and preferred (but not vital) for the BAR.

But I HATE the Chauchat's AA sights. There are too many obstructive bits on the bottom. Iron sights all the way for that gun (which several people have complained about, but I think are fine).
    I can't get over the fact that the sight is on the right side of the magazine with the madsen.
  • DaMutha1
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Luckily the chauchat is garbage so I won't have to worry about the sights
  • n7k6k5w9jp0
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »

yeah I'm a bit disappointed by it too. But I guess that's authenticity ;)
  • DaMutha1
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, I was literally saying "this FEELS like a gun from WW1" when trying to use it last night. Switched back to my Benet-Mercie and started actually killing people again.
  • C_Belles
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I use the AA sights on all of my LMGs, except for the Chauchat. They're just too big, feels like I'm looking through a catcher's mask a foot away from my face.
    Luckily the iron sights on the Chauchat have enough free space around the aim point, so I don't have to worry about losing my target when engaging.
  • DaMutha1
    C_Belles wrote: »
    feels like I'm looking through a catcher's mask a foot away from my face.

Yes! I was trying to figure out what I felt I was looking through, and that's a good one
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

yeah I'm a bit disappointed by it too. But I guess that's authenticity ;)

:D :D :D It's arguably the best support gun right now.
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I prefer the iron sights on all guns. No AA for me
  • Sixclicks
    1489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 20

It's great if you fight mostly at close range. It actually has a faster TTK than the BAR up close since it only takes 3 hits to kill (35 damage per shot).

As for the topic, I haven't used it with the AA sight. The default iron sight is pretty good imo. I see no reason to put the AA sight on it.
  • xenome111
    2323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I JUST farm supports with my ribey unless they r prone with bipod oh I just forgot I can go prone as well haha happy hunting B)
  • HardAimedKid
    9410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's ugly and terrible, I'm glad though cause I started using irons for it and it has amazing iron sights
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    It's ugly and terrible, I'm glad though cause I started using irons for it and it has amazing iron sights

The irons are amazing <3
  • HardAimedKid
    9410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

The irons are amazing <3

Yeah they really are. It's my favorite iron sight in the game
  • robmcewen
    1162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Love the gun hate the AA sights, tried using them in one game got owned when using the AA sight took them off and went back to the iron sights which are probably the best of any LMG and turned it around the game straight away.
  • Syzzix
    3406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Everytime I use the normal irons I can't use the gun and it feels like it has 50000 time the recoil than the AA sights.
  • DaMutha1
    I'll have to give it another go at close quarters....
  • Syzzix
    3406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Chauchat is filling my playstyle at short-med perfectly.
    Before I was switching my weapon 6-15 times a match as support.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!