Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Yet again another pathetic balanced game

Rayza1983
60 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
2 team mates want to camp by the spawn in tanks and not go near objectives. Hey DICE let me ask you, I thought 5 year olds aren't suppose to be playing the game? It's every single game I play it's totally mad. I feel robbed of my money to be honest

Comments

• BaconRebellion
    1665 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Esrb rates games based on single player content. That's why you see on game boxes above the rating something that says online experiences not rates by the esrb.
  • Rayza1983
    edited March 21
    Esrb rates games based on single player content. That's why you see on game boxes above the rating something that says online experiences not rates by the esrb.

I really do hate to moan but it's driving me mad. I don't mind losing but when you are constantly getting put with bad/terrible players it gets ridiculous. I can't change team because there's more on the opposite or both are full, then if I do change I get put back on the bad side again next game. Games are being lost 300/400-1000 How can DICE not see an issue with it
  • FloralLingerie
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rayza1983 wrote: »

I really do hate to moan but it's driving me mad. I don't mind losing but when you are constantly getting put with bad/terrible players it gets ridiculous. I can't change team because there's more on the opposite or both are full, then if I do change I get put back on the bad side again next game. Games are being lost 300/400-1000 How can DICE not see an issue with it

It sucks that this is happening to you all the time, but it's certainly not a uniform experience for all players. Complaining that you're losing all the time, or that 2 team members out of a total 32 are doing their own thing, seems like a strange gripe. My advice is to look at the top two or three players in your team/the game at the end of the round and then join their squad next game. Focusing on running around with a bunch of killers who play the game "properly" might be better than raging at the few who spawn-camp the enemy.
  • Mikhailovitch
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. If you are feeling blue cuz of the uncap camper brigade, blame the range of their weaponry; as things stand now it's all too easy for an arty truck player to sit so far back that he's barely a pixel on an enemy's screen, yet still be able to rely on the sheer range of his weaponry to grab frags by nailing people halfway across the map. Ditto for snipers, btw.
    2. Frankly, I miss the way that Dice handled the uncap camper problem back in the days of BF2 -- the armor was scary as hell, but the effective range on their weaponry usually required that they moved into dangerous terrain in order to score frags. Snipes, pretty much the same, with the added factor of the fog of war (limited sight distances at long ranges, think of a very mild version of BF1's fog weather-effect that only applied to long-range viewing).
  • Loqtrall
    7944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    1. If you are feeling blue cuz of the uncap camper brigade, blame the range of their weaponry; as things stand now it's all too easy for an arty truck player to sit so far back that he's barely a pixel on an enemy's screen, yet still be able to rely on the sheer range of his weaponry to grab frags by nailing people halfway across the map. Ditto for snipers, btw.

Just wanted to clarify the last bit in this quote, the "ditto for snipers part" - just by saying that there have been snipers camping as far away as they possibly can in literally every iteration of BF.

I believe BF4 had it the worst, where maps were so huge and open that it was very possible for somebody to get a 1,500m shot off.

In no way has camping with sniper rifles increased in BF1 because it's "too easy", nor is it attributed to their long range. Long-range shots in this game are actually significantly shorter than that of the past 3 major BF games, where droves of snipers would regularly camp well over 500m away.

But, again - people have been doing that since BF1942 back in 2002. It's not something that started happening with this game because it became too easy or sniper rifles became more ranged weapons. If anything, the sweet spot mechanic in this game has caused most snipers to move up considerably, even if it's still nearly 100-150m away from any given objective.

We no longer see shots in BF1 that are even near 1,000m long - let alone longer than 1,000m regularly like in BF4.
  • Rayza1983

It sucks that this is happening to you all the time, but it's certainly not a uniform experience for all players. Complaining that you're losing all the time, or that 2 team members out of a total 32 are doing their own thing, seems like a strange gripe. My advice is to look at the top two or three players in your team/the game at the end of the round and then join their squad next game. Focusing on running around with a bunch of killers who play the game "properly" might be better than raging at the few who spawn-camp the enemy.

It's more than 2 players mate. That's just an example of a game I'd just had. There was about 5 of us trying no exaggeration. This is happening on lots of games. It's mostly totally one sided games. This is on PS4. I can handle losing by 200 points but by 600 is a complete joke. If I don't leave that server and try another the same players on the same team are winning all the time
  • Rayza1983
    I think I'll post some screenshots of what I'm talking about in a couple of days
  • sg2434
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh boy it's this guy again
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 21
    Well, I'm certain there always these **** in the game, every game, question is whether they are in your team or your squad. Personally when I tank, I stay at a safe range from an objective, bombarding that objective, until I know it would be safe to take with the team. Why yolo into the objective and lose an asset that takes 1.5 minutes. Congratulations on yoloing into the objective and getting raped! Your team now has to wait 1.5 minute for an important asset to respawn! Seriously though those camping tanks are just juicy targets for bombers that know what the **** is going on.
    If you are below 50 percent winrate, maybe, just maybe its you! Statistically speaking you should be at 50%, the only constant when you play is you. Sure there are those games where you get rolled and have 0 chance of winning, but how about those other times where you could literally be afk and your team team wins anyway. If you are having enough impact on a game as an individual, YOU will make a difference and break through 50 percent win rate.
  • DanBalc
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The autobalance (if it exists) is the worst of any game that isn't free. I paid $60 for a game that was 23 v/ 14 matches. I used to be a big BF supporter, but I will NEVER buy another EA game until they get a programmer who can write an autobalance script. Spreading the word that the lack of auto balance makes the game frustrating and pretty much second-rate. Make that third-rate
  • Loqtrall
    7944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DanBalc wrote: »
    The autobalance (if it exists) is the worst of any game that isn't free. I paid $60 for a game that was 23 v/ 14 matches. I used to be a big BF supporter, but I will NEVER buy another EA game until they get a programmer who can write an autobalance script. Spreading the word that the lack of auto balance makes the game frustrating and pretty much second-rate. Make that third-rate

See you next BF, Dan.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just finished a Fort de Vaux 1000-999.
  • kaliyl777
    1816 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So Dice planted those campers there? They were bots or something? I don't get what campers have to do with game balance. theres guys who are rank 110 camping.
  • DarkWolves21
    316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We have this great invention called a SERVER BROWSER.
  • IllIllIII
    2941 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Camper/badplayers are rewarded in bf1.
    No matter i he/she is a scout pilot or tanker...
  • Rayza1983
    kaliyl777 wrote: »
    So Dice planted those campers there? They were bots or something? I don't get what campers have to do with game balance. theres guys who are rank 110 camping.

If they don't capture objectives we don't win. Don't tell me you're not intelligent enough to work that one out. You're just a sarcastic prat who's after a vote up
  • Rayza1983
    We have this great invention called a SERVER BROWSER.

How does that help team balance? Do enlighten me
  • Loqtrall
    kaliyl777 wrote: »

If they don't capture objectives we don't win. Don't tell me you're not intelligent enough to work that one out. You're just a sarcastic prat who's after a vote up

That's absolutely not the case.

In any given match, who is victorious usually is decided by the top 16~ or so players on a team, the top performers.

Each team is going to have campers, and half of each team is usually going to be completely **** worthless. There's no "balance" issues when half your team is worthless, and you look at the enemy team and half their team is worthless as well.

Both teams can have 16 worthless players, and the team with the BETTER top 16 players is still going to win. That's how it works - the people who are better win games.

Do you REALLY believe that if that camping sniper came down from his mountain, that your team would win?

That's a fantasy.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The top 5 on a team are usually the ones that carry the game.

One good squad that plays the hell out of the objectives is usually the reason why a team wins.