Is there something off about the game since the DLC? Im getting very frustrated....

sbvaughn88
162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Does anyone else feel like there is something OFF about the game since the DLC came out?? Here are some of my problems....
1. My team seems to lose every match but it seems like everyone on my team is trying to play the objective. It seems like every team we play against steamrolls us with no issue.
2. Hit detection seems non existent in some games.
3. It seems like every person I go up against is an MLG pro gamer. I have lost more gunfights since the DLC than ever before. Im dumping entire magazines of the Ribeyrolles or Hellreigel into guys from 10-20 feet away and losing gunfights to getting one shotted with a pistol.
4. I get killed well after I have taken cover or rounded a corner and I get insta-killed with what seems like one shot from the Lewis Gun
5. Every now and again I seem to get into a good game and do well but this seems like a rarity now and not the norm. Before the DLC, my nights seem to be dictated by how well I played or didn't play not because the game decided to bend me over....... I played an entire night tonight of this every single match except one (which we still lost) and finally quit in total disgust.
6. I feel like I am well over the learning curve for the maps but still cannot find anything that works, I get into a tank and cant seems to kill anywhere near the amount of enemies as I could on the previous maps. I know these are wide open but I constantly find myself saying.....HOW DID THAT NOT KILL THAT GUY??
7. These situations only seem to be happening on the new maps and all of the game modes associated with them...I played Operations last night with some guys from England, Scotland, and Dubai all in the same party and on EU servers and the game seemed to run fine with none of these issues which I am griping about??

Its not all of these things all at once but for some reason I feel as if I am playing at a HUGE disadvantage most of the time since the DLC came out on the new maps? My in match scores have plummeted and my kill/death ratio has dropped. I'm not a person who cares much about stats other than to use them as a tool to measure if something I am trying is working or not....
I also have noticed that the menus seem really REALLY LAGGY in the game? Obviously I'm not the best player out there but I feel like I can generally play well enough to have a good time. My win/loss percentage isn't great but I attribute that to mostly playing Operations and getting on teams that don't push the Objective. I also have a new baby and sometimes I have to leave a match for family reasons but this isn't often. I mostly play as an "aggresive Scout" with iron sights or carbine guns like the SMLE or Martini Henry and generally have no trouble landing shots. Since the DLC I have had to stop this almost entirely because I can't seem to land enough shots to stay alive as an aggressive scout.

My TV did just go out and I got a new one...but it was a huge upgrade to the old one. I now have a 4k Samsung KS8000 and I play in "game mode" and there is no noticeable input lag. Ive set the xbox up properly, In fact the game "feels" much better than my old TV. I also just upgraded my 6 year old router thinking that might have something to do with it, i checked my internet bandwidth and run multiple tests while playing and I always have a ping that is between 25-35 ms, 60-68 Mbps download speed and 5-8 Mbps upload speed. This may not be the best but I feel like it is more than adequate to play BF and I have had this same Internet and done fine in other multiplayer games. I bought a new Netgear router, my connection is hard wired, and I have set up QoS in my router to optimize the bandwidth for the xbox. I have also forwarded the proper ports for xbox live, etc. I first thought it was maybe my connection or something but I seemed to have tried everything.

Here are my stats: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/xbox/EazyBreezyVeezy

Is anyone experiencing anything else like this besides me and my group of people I play with? We are all very frustrated. Im losing friends to play with because every time they jump into a match we get absolutely wrecked and then they hop right back off..... These are the types of issues that make me want to stop playing the game too and find something else although im not quite there yet......it is just NOT FUN when the game is like this. I feel like it has a mind of its own and I have no control over whether or not I am going to have an enjoyable time playing or it will TOTALLY SUCK. Your thoughts would be appreciated...Thanks

Comments

• doctor3d
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    In my case the better my connection, the easier it seems other players can kill me and the harder it is for me to kill them. When I'm playing during peak hours around 9pm in my area - my connection isn't as good as my whole neighborhood is online causing lower speeds, higher latency, and more ping variance but I play better. When I play during off-hours where I have a more solid connection with stable latency - it seems like only half of my shots register and I die in what appears as one or two hits no matter the weapon. This has been like this for me in BF3, BF4, and BF1. BF3 was the worst of the bunch. BF4 was the best connection-wise. This one is just kinda so-so, but still bad enough to be noticeable as I described.

This used to infuriate me in BF3 and make me rage quit. But nowadays I just don't care that much anymore. I just play good or bad..it's all for fun and the points just don't matter to me to that degree anymore.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My game seemed rough on the first day of the DLC; there seemed to be a ton of lag. I didn't notice as much this weekend.

In regards to 1 & 3, my guess is that the quality of people who you are seeing in the DLC-only lobbies is better. People who invest an additional $50 in Premium probably have a better understanding of the game modes than the average Battlefield player.

I haven't noticed a huge increase in opponent/teammate skill, but I did play 2 matches of Conquest this weekend in which we were down by 100 tickets or more and came back to win. I think that's only happened to me 1 other time.
  • DrakeCasanova
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, the menus are horribly laggy. They were bad before the DLC but seem even worse now. Barely usable.

Being killed after rounding a corner has been an issue in Battlefield games for as long as ive been playing them. The person shooting you has a bad ping time and so you are not around the corner on their screen yet. Very frustrating.

I dont have the other issues you've mentioned but im just an average to below average player and i remain so after the DLC. :)
  • HealthRisk007
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have been experiencing the same thing normally my squad can win 7 out of 10 games and conquest lately since the DLC we have been losing almost every game even with most of the flags captured. Also losing it a whole lot more gun fights
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    I think there is some definite merit to what the everyone has said, let me also say that I have experienced all of these things at some time or another throughout playing the game, it's just that with the DLC it seems to be happening 200% more of the time. I consider myself a slightly above average player. The one guy I kept getting owned by in a match last night (0-7)that I mentioned before, I looked up his stats just to see if he was like a 6 k/d player.....he was a 1.2 k/d player and I am a 2.3 k/d player. (2.4 something before DLC) He had a 0-7 advantage against me and was jittering so bad I couldn't land shots on him....this is what is so frustrating and it seems I can't land shots on 3/4 of the team. Only the snipers sitting still... I've switched back to the weapons I'm very good with and still cannot land shots in these guys yet my sights or reticle are DIRECTLY in their body.

So my question is this in response to the other comments....I understand what one of the previous guys said about me still being in their screen getting shot while on my screen I'm 5 feet behind cover due to net code smoothing out the game for players with different pings... but why is it his shots will land and my shots will not? Is it because what I am seeing is not a true representation of what's going on in the game (which seems like it would be the case if I was lagging with high ping??)

At any rate, if you can't retreat to cover without getting shot and you can't land shots that are perfectly lined up, the game mechanics are broken and unplayable....and my stats of late would support that

If I can understand what's happening that will help me to be less angry about it and I might be able to "get over it" and have fun anyways if I know it's not my fault and there's no amount of "git gud" will fix it...
  • KILLUNCLE84
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    .....Awkward.... (please don't review my abilities!)

• sbvaughn88
    V99999 wrote: »
    Don't take this the wrong way but outside of your k/d you're not a very good player. Looking at your stats you play mainly for yourself and not your team. You don't cap or defend flags your accuracy is mediocre for a assault and actually pretty terrible for someone who mains the scout class no resupply or heals. The maps are small and hard to hide on for very long plus a lot of the premium members are good at this game. They are not going to take you hiding out for a bunch of easy kills for very long

Well the great thing is this is still America and you are entitled to your opinions. I thought statements like "I realize that Im not the best player out there" and "I mainly play Operations" would somewhat insulate me from this becoming a thread about my stats, instead hoping to keep it on the issues which seem to be network and netcode related judging by similar posts on this very forum, other answers in this thread, and other guys I have played with. The thread is about the game feeling different after the DLC....that's all. I included my stats along with all of my other information to provide a clear picture of my setup, internet settings, TV settings, and to rule out anyone thinking I had not really put in adequate time with the game to judge performance before and after the DLC launch....But since you brought it up, Ill say a few things in response to your comments:

1. You may have missed the part where I said I played Operations mainly. Pretty much exclusively and until recently I played by myself because I didn't have many other friends who had the game. Conquest is boring to me and I don't care for all the running back and forth....Having said that I have played 662 total games, had 1322 flag captures, and 2509 flag defends. That works out to 5.78 "flag oriented" actions per Operations game. Now given the fact that in any given Operations game there are A LOT LESS capture points, with anywhere from half to the entire enemy team shooting at you from these points this is a bit more of a challenge than your typical Conquest flag. Since there are only about 16 capture points per map, and I can go to only one of them at a time while the other half of our team goes to the other....thats only about 8 possible flags I could be on in an entire game that goes the full 2 maps (when in reality most do not......). So it stands to reason that In a full game of Operations, I might capture or defend 5, get killed right before my team caps 2 of them, and not make it to one of them before its taken for whatever reason. I think your analysis is not correct because I ALWAYS try to play the Objective and constantly get frustrated at players sitting in tanks at the back of the map, too many snipers not doing anything, etc. and us not having enough players to take the Flag. The biggest overall Objective in Operations is to stay alive because we lose a ticket every time a death occurs if attacking. If defending, your main objective is to stop the enemy team from capturing their points by killing them. I try to clean off as many enemies as possible, throw up a second flare to confirm that there are only a few enemies left, then run in as quickly as possible before the other team has time to re-spawn and get back on the capture point. Admittedly, there is a WHOLE LOT of room for improvement in my playing but I am far from the kill ****, k/d padding, hill camping crappy team mate you are making me out to be........I cant stand those players just as much as you cant.

2. My accuracy with the rifles I play with most is over 32%? Sometimes I try and shoot a sniper across the map who's shooting at us and I miss several shots with the carbine or iron sights.....I thought that accuracy wasn't so bad. My overall accuracy is also lower at 18% but I'm attributing this to all of the LMG shots at Behemoth gunners and trying to stop an enemy team advance in an area while playing defense in Operations where I didn't hit anyone, shooting through gas or smoke, and flat out missing sometimes. Most of the time pre DLC, I typically had no trouble shooting enemies and getting kills though. I'll freely admit to anyone my accuracy could improve by way of target tracking. I sometimes have trouble staying on target when enemies are moving horizontally to me.....I'm trying to improve this. But a big complaint of mine is hit detection which would certainly negatively affect your accuracy stat. And there are DEFINITE certain matches when It feels like none of my shots will land and this can change from match to match

3. Admittedly medic and support are not my best classes which is why I play them the least. I play best as Scout, tanker, or assault and I play these because I want to be as effective as possible in winning and have the most fun possible. Plus, I am more help to my team if I am playing the classes and strategies i am best with. Often I will try to venture outside of my comfort zone and play with new weapons and try different play styles....this has been the fun of the game for me up until recently when our team is gets crushed in every match regardless of what I do or what class I play. We often cannot make it past the first sector on Devil's Anvil with or without a full squad.

4. Lastly I am a 39 year old casual gamer who has a family, kids, job, etc. I get on late at night for a few hours to have fun. I am a competitive person by nature but I FULLY realize I do not have the aim, reflex skills, and situational awareness that some players such as yourself probably have. Regardless of this fact, prior to the DLC launch I still seemed to manage to place well most matches, kill plenty of bad guys, and have a lot of fun doing it. I also have an 8 week old child and lately I have had to quit many matches due to baby emergencies which is a reason my W/L ratio had dropped. I have truly enjoyed this game and I don't want to get frustrated to the point of putting it away as a few of my friends already have. I appreciate the answers and the responses from everyone Including this one however, I am more interested to know If you have had any of the problems I described in the OP or know of any solutions....Thanks
  • 187Bear
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It doesn't look like your kdr went down, but your win% did. I've also been put on losing teams way more often this past few days, but I'm a random mercenary player. Other players may all be in parties for all I know and squadding up on the other team.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can't say your not a very good player with a kd of 2.3. Mines 0.77 I'm not a very good player.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't quite put my finger on it, but I've had some frustrations recently too.

I was the MVP on my team on Giants Shadow last night, with 17-15 and a smidgen over 10k points. We lost the match by well over 500 points. That's ridiculous. I shouldn't even be in the top 10 with that report.

Like you said OP, it doesn't seem to be the teammates, everyone seems to be trying going for tanks, flags, etc. I just can't get my feet under me.

Sometimes I think its cause I'm trying to focus on the newer weapons, other times I SWEAR we are missing players. Scoreboard says we are only 1-2 players short, but there are WAAY more enemies on the map than ours. Just simply stated; MORE bad guys than us.

Even going back out into vanilla wasn't helping.

Sometimes I think its more a player mentality/expectation thing. When the game is new, you don't really know everything, you don't know the maps, you don't have a certain fave weapon, you feel like a green horn. You kinda expect to get swamped. You are ready for your inexperience to correspond to your failure.

So when you have little blips of good performance, like you go on a little streak and kill 4 guys without dying yourself, you feel awesome! You feel like Hercules; took out a bunch of dudes/that tank/ that plane/ captured the flag yourself/ etc.

Thing is; as you spend more time with the game, and get better, these little blips aren't enough anymore. You're no longer excited by these little successes, you just expect that they will happen. So if they don't it REALLY pisses you off. Because you feel that as a "experienced player" you should just DO better pretty much all the time.

You start to EXPECT seeing that 26-3, +15k report at the end; or whatever other positive, satisfying number you want to pick.

For a new player, just going like 12-10, or something mediocre is satisfying enough; heck at least you didn't go negative, and capped flags, fought tanks, was a team player, etc.

But when you feel like you are an "experienced player", the same numbers result in frustration and some anger. So if (heaven forbid) you have a truly BAD game as an "experienced player", it pulls you waaay the other way...

"OMG WTF is wrong with this game?"
    "I *king hate this..."
    "I SHOT HIM!"
    "Goddammit, I should have won that one..."

...and other colorful expressions of frustration
  • sbvaughn88
    You know I have never really thought of it that way. I think there definitely may be some merit to what you are saying.......Although I don't think it quite covers everything like the team balancing problems and my very frustrating past 2 days of losing every single match badly, but I think this mentality is probably exactly what is happening to me in an overall sort of manner. When the maps came out first day, I knew I would not do well and plus I was grinding to get the new weapons. I actually did better than I thought and found some new guns I had never really tried like the AL 8.35 which I dismissed because of the 5 round magazine and the Model 10-A Slug which is incredibly versatile if you can land your shots. But as a few days passed and I learned the maps I expected to be playing and scoring as usual and I just am not for whatever reason. Anyways I appreciate the response and point of view........
  • The_Fat_Snowman
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The good players buy the season pass so what your getting is normal on every new dlc on bf.
  • durtm4n
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    I haven't noticed anything out of the norm, could just be your internet. Like has been said, the people on the new DLC tend to be better objective oriented players so don't expect to rely on your k/d to help the team do much winning. You say you're an aggressive scout, but your stats kinda portray you as the opposite... or maybe that's just the average stat of an aggressive scout?
  • jessemcnash
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree. Stats aside, it's just not much fun. Boring even. I can still play BF3 for 6 straight hours given the opportunity, BF1 I'm putting down the controller after 3-4 rounds.
  • sbvaughn88
    I think the problem was my Internet more specifically my router. I pulled up the network graph and tried to understand what each of the numbers meant. Where I was having a problem was the Extra Offset. From doing a little digging Extra Offset is the difference between what is going on in the server and what you are seeing in the game. I had times of 500ms or more and after it was fixed it never rose above 60 or so unless I was in the spawn menu.
    I think I may have mentioned that I bought a new router and a new TV because my other one quit working. There was a factory setting in the router limiting upload bandwidth to 512 kbs. I had run my speed tests on the old router which I configured years ago which I don't think had this setting in the other router. From what I understand....you are uploading your actions in the game to the server so I'm sure that could have caused the issue. Since I only get 8mbs upload on the best times I set it at 20 Mbs tonight and it was night and day difference. I was still a member of some losing teams, the menus still feel very laggy, and this does not address the matchmaking problems which I think most people can agree with, but the game certainly felt fair and I had fun playing. Thanks to everyone for your input

• oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sbvaughn88 wrote: »
    I think there is some definite merit to what the everyone has said, let me also say that I have experienced all of these things at some time or another throughout playing the game, it's just that with the DLC it seems to be happening 200% more of the time. I consider myself a slightly above average player. The one guy I kept getting owned by in a match last night (0-7)that I mentioned before, I looked up his stats just to see if he was like a 6 k/d player.....he was a 1.2 k/d player and I am a 2.3 k/d player. (2.4 something before DLC) He had a 0-7 advantage against me and was jittering so bad I couldn't land shots on him....this is what is so frustrating and it seems I can't land shots on 3/4 of the team. Only the snipers sitting still... I've switched back to the weapons I'm very good with and still cannot land shots in these guys yet my sights or reticle are DIRECTLY in their body.

So my question is this in response to the other comments....I understand what one of the previous guys said about me still being in their screen getting shot while on my screen I'm 5 feet behind cover due to net code smoothing out the game for players with different pings... but why is it his shots will land and my shots will not? Is it because what I am seeing is not a true representation of what's going on in the game (which seems like it would be the case if I was lagging with high ping??)

At any rate, if you can't retreat to cover without getting shot and you can't land shots that are perfectly lined up, the game mechanics are broken and unplayable....and my stats of late would support that

If I can understand what's happening that will help me to be less angry about it and I might be able to "get over it" and have fun anyways if I know it's not my fault and there's no amount of "git gud" will fix it...

Play with the net graph on. Record clips and post them in the "Hit detection" thread.
  • Interloper627
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Reading this has made me feel better. I too am a just sub 40 year old with a young family who games as/if he has time. I too have experienced the same frustrations as you since the DLC. I consider myself an ok above average player. I also don't get too hung up on stats but I have found the game very frustrating to play and this frustration has probably made me play worse (more adrenaline - less fine motor control). Hit detection is notably off at times and I've lay looking down the scope of an LMG unloading straight into someone at short range for no hits to register (and then another and another in the same match). This happens a lot. I also seem to lose one on one's more often than before even when using Assault Shotgun/SMG Vs slower firing class weapons. I've unlocked some of the new weapons too and these have been disappointing but this might be due to the problems I've been experiencing which is a shame. There is something definitely off. And before anyone says it, it doesn't matter how crap I was before, I've definitely got crapper since the DLC. More importantly I'm suddenly not enjoying the game. Bummer.
  • killerHAMSTER42
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    I think allot of the problem is that the weapons (beside the recon class ) are just not as diverse and as good as the weapons in battlefield 4 yes I know this is due to the 1WW era but I still have not found a weapon in any class that I feel truly comfortable with , in battlefield 4 I loved the G36 carbine it was wonderfully balanced and was my main weapon for everything , with the absence of carbines for every class in BF1 the learning curve is much harder and the weapons are trickier to master and do not fit every situation or map very well compared to previous bf titles . BF 1 forces you to play your class more and support your team rather than just all out attack ! but I do think dice need to try and find a better way to match players skill level in online multiplayer , it shouldn't go by your rank but by your stats and aim percentage , with any online multiplayer game skill level is a problem for casual players . Also finding the right gun is essential depending on the map , in a small close quarter map like fort de faux or playing domination and your using medic rifles or support class LMG 's your going to be at a massive disadvantage against guys with an automatico M1918 that pumps out 900 RPS . It's a difficult game online it's very challenging and some opposition are very good and like professionals , try and have fun don't give up and always stay with a squad.
  • k1llermosquito
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I totally agree, ever since the update and DLC the game runs very laggy and I have also been hit literally once by a Lewis and killed. Also I have been getting seriously spawn killed a lot since this update where before I may get spawn killed once or twice in a three hour span, today I was spawn killed 10 times in four hours and I'm spawning on objectives and team mates. Also the submachine guns are basically crap now, I've hit people today at close to medium range with the Hellreigel and MP18 at least 5 or 6 times and they lived!! Also hit detection is completely broken now, had sites right on a guy at medium range with GW95 shot three times and every shot missed him when he took up the entire sight. Not feeling this update at all, I'm not a bad player and I love this game but I'm a bit disappointed in how they are pandering to people crying about nerfing this and buffing that. As for the grenade spam fix.....LMAO are you kidding me, I actually didn't notice it being a problem before but now its a joke.