Big disappointment to most of the clans:Upcoming 6p start is not an official setting

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think dice needs a lot more replaced in the head office more. Over 6 months and the game isn't fixed. It's over now. To late to fix. Fire the whole team involved in this game.
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The cte is a bunch of rubbish! They use us as there guinea pigs just so they can delay it longer. I could see this if it was two guys in a garage which would probably get more done then this dev team. They delay it on purpose while they're working on other things. They know darn well what works and what doesn't.
    I personally can't believe they are doing this to the PC players and clans.
    @EnoughDice
  • ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The cte is a bunch of rubbish! They use us as there guinea pigs just so they can delay it longer. I could see this if it was two guys in a garage which would probably get more done then this dev team. They delay it on purpose while they're working on other things. They know darn well what works and what doesn't.
    I personally can't believe they are doing this to the PC players and clans.
    @EnoughDice

it's a joke
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    From what I see, only a couple of MODs come on the Forums, no DEVs or anyone else from EA.

Forum Mods do update the Dev's about issues posted in the forums. AND the Dev's do come to the forums and post feedback/info/answers.

Case and point. If you want to know ANYTHING about BF1 Hit Detection here's the thread. Still active and Still being updated almost daily by one of the "Netcode" Dev's.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58255/hit-detection/p1

Just have to read.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The cte is a bunch of rubbish! They use us as there guinea pigs just so they can delay it longer.
    So you rather them not test their ideas, changes with the community...just push it out?
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    From what I see, only a couple of MODs come on the Forums, no DEVs or anyone else from EA.

Forum Mods do update the Dev's about issues posted in the forums. AND the Dev's do come to the forums and post feedback/info/answers.

Case and point. If you want to know ANYTHING about BF1 Hit Detection here's the thread. Still active and Still being updated almost daily by one of the "Netcode" Dev's.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58255/hit-detection/p1

Just have to read.

I agree with this, also CTE is great in my opinion, it's awesome they are letting the community get involved however what I don't agree with is Dev's only responding to such things as hit detection and implementing things like Ammo 2.0 and Password servers when entirely EVERYTHING important about RSP gets completely ignored.

While CTE is great, most of it is clearly a stall tactic to slowly (really slowly) implement features that should have been released on launch or at least "soon after launch".

Custom Servers are still so difficult/impossible to find using the browser yet anything you change makes it custom (any setting, vote map, 6 player start) so those features are still mostly useless.

You would think having a team dedicated to RSP and the UI that most of these features would be added by now and the server browser bugs would be fixed, but no, they have more important things to do like change the ammo supply system.

I will make a prediction that we will not have a fully functional, feature rich RSP anytime before October, 1 year after release, player numbers have already dropped because of it and I imagine by then people will have well and truly moved on.
  • Captain_Hermdog
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You would think having a team dedicated to RSP and the UI that most of these features would be added by now and the server browser bugs would be fixed, but no, they have more important things to do like change the ammo supply system.

You would think they would have developed the RSP in tandem with the actual game so it was complete and ready on release. They only had years to plan it.
  • Jabaariyn
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I agree with this, also CTE is great in my opinion, it's awesome they are letting the community get involved. What I don't agree with is Dev's only responding to such things as hit detection and implementing things like Ammo 2.0 and Password servers when entirely EVERYTHING important about RSP gets completely ignored.

Pretty much this..a touched that quote up slightly, hope you don't mind
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iT_Terkoz wrote: »
    they read the forums but don't join conversations very much. which is a huge shame.

Seeing as you have at least some contact with them could you tell us roughly how many devs are working on this? They put out whole games every two years but in six months can't do more than add an admin kick function? I've been a programmer for 25+ years now and frankly one person working alone should have completed the whole thing by now (extra admin functions). Once you have the player move function squared away the rest relatively straight forward. If changing the number of players needed to start a server isn't a 30 second job then you need better programmers.

That's true if they actually want to patch the RSP. My belief is they don't want to change it. That's why they have gone silent.
  • westyjoe
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The cte is a bunch of rubbish! They use us as there guinea pigs just so they can delay it longer.
    So you rather them not test their ideas, changes with the community...just push it out?

If they regularly pushed things out, then that would be nice, but it just seems that most is tested and never makes it out (or in such an unusable format that it is of no help).
  • Captain_Hermdog
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    They need to do some testing with RSP. That subject is killing the game more then anything. As of this post, there are only 18K players in BF1 on PC. That is terribly low. BF4 has over 25K players before BF1 came out. This game does not have anymore time left. FIX RSP should be the first and only priority at this time. Then tweak game mechanics.

Why RSP wasn't built in parallel is beyond me. Terrible planning. And it seems like they're making it up as they go along without using existing tools like procon as an example. All I see is a big middle finger to the PC players/community. I'm disappointed to say that I've purchased my last battlefield game. Glad I didn't go premium with this garbage.
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    some1 should make a note to nvidia that sales of theyr new cards, in time for to next bf game, gonna be epicaly low :dizzy:
    who knows, maybe that would be able to pull some strings and bring this console franchize back to pc
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So how many of you that hated battlelog and complained wished DICE would go back to battlelog?
    This is what happens when people complain.
    I really miss battlelog.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iano1978 wrote: »

This would be great except that Ali did this months ago and it was a server anyone could join so why is it just NOW going to CTE?
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Not to be contrary but thats exactly what they did with the last stuff. Just sayin.
  • NetRngr

You would think they would have developed the RSP in tandem with the actual game so it was complete and ready on release. They only had years to plan it.

The initial thought was that there were going to be no servers for rent but the community lost their collective ... stuff. I asked Ali point blank why this wasn't developed concurrently with the game and was told basically there was no sense in discussing that so let's try and move forward which tends to back up the we screwed the pooch by not planning for rental servers.
  • Braddock512
    1275 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V

Really?

Also, "DICE has thrown in the towel", etc. has ABSOLUTELY zero basis in fact.
    I talk with the teams on a weekly basis about features, additions, tweaks, RSP, maps, RSP, low-player match start, RSP (I really really push RSP updates/changes).

@iT_Terkoz Unless you programmed games on the Frostbite engine, it's really apples and oranges, and it's a tired argument. Let's stop trying to use it.
  • Braddock512
    1275 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    NetRngr wrote: »
    This would be great except that Ali did this months ago and it was a server anyone could join so why is it just NOW going to CTE?
    Because CTE is a staging area for upcoming updates/releases. Testing on one server a few months ago and adding a few servers to the CTE shows they are ready to Beta test it, in preparation for retail release.

This is what the CTE is about.
    -Braddock512-