Weekly BF

Big disappointment to most of the clans:Upcoming 6p start is not an official setting

Comments

• Fronk-Z4F
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    CrashCA wrote: »
    From what I see, only a couple of MODs come on the Forums, no DEVs or anyone else from EA.

Really?

Also, "DICE has thrown in the towel", etc. has ABSOLUTELY zero basis in fact.
    I talk with the teams on a weekly basis about features, additions, tweaks, RSP, maps, RSP, low-player match start, RSP (I really really push RSP updates/changes).

@iT_Terkoz Unless you programmed games on the Frostbite engine, it's really apples and oranges, and it's a tired argument. Let's stop trying to use it.

@Braddock512 But it's a different thing if you are talking to your dev or do they also listen what you're saying ?! So why is it impossible to get simple answers on simple questions ? Start with: When did we get a 6 player start ? When did we get multi admin support ? Please don't reply when the answer is "They are working on it" or "It will be fixed in one of the next updates" !
  • Shtaff
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Yes 6 player start ; multi admin , vip list , platoon , classic mod etc...

Battlefield 1 ==>> Release : October 21, 2016

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/10/28/battlefield-1-classic-mode-to-do-list/
    http://wccftech.com/battlefield-1-classic-mode-come-future-hardcore-gets-additional-details/

This article date too October 2016

6 months and no options admin (procon) for rental server for this game, it's a joke no ? ??

I bought rainbow six siège last week because no classic mode on bf1 , stop your custom mod ( line to sight, back to basic... ) create a mod without 3d spotting, and don't talking Hardcore mod in bf 1 it's a joke too,

you do not know who you kill and who kill you

i hope not the next update are not with the second dlc for june...

always not buy premium
  • Braddock512
    1310 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @Shtaff One of the Devs have already stated there will be no ProCon.

@Fronk-Z4F
    Please don't reply when the answer is "They are working on it" or "It will be fixed in one of the next updates" !
    I'll provide information when it's available/ready to be shared. In the meantime, replying that we are aware of the requests, we are looking at timelines - I will continue to do this. You want information - I understand. However, when I don't post, I see threads regurgitating "DICE DOESN'T CARE. When I do post that we have more things in the works- (and there have been dozens of people asking "At least let us know it's in the works or you're aware"), I get "Don't post unless it's a date". Yeah, no.

Anways, OP.
    I've sent your feedback to DICE. PERSONALLY, I agree. It should be no more than 10 to start (5v5) across all servers, 6 to start on RSP.
    But that's just my opinion.

-Braddock512-

• tldr_baz
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    See here's the thing. DICE aren't interested in your feedback unless it relates to anything that they already plan on implementing or have already implemented. It's a harsh truth, but it's a fact.

Sure, they make out that they do, and they have community managers and such to pretend that they do, but in reality their main function is to act as a firewall between themselves and the player base and to deal with all the crap that us angry consumers would otherwise throw at them, and to occasionally throw a vague hint that it'll get better, just you wait an' see!

Where was the request for feedback before they went this route with PC servers? They didn't care then and they don't care now. In fact, they deliberately withheld the details on the changes so not to harm sales, and they've been stringing us along ever since.

So you either have to deal with what they give you or go play something else. Or you can keep buying their conflicting accounts of what they 'hope' to 'possibly' do at some indeterminate point in the future

• BFBulletin
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    @Shtaff As @Braddock512 has already pointed out, there will no ProCon but some RSP features will be in the next patch. Others might take some time.

- 6p start (and the option to turn aim assist off for all players on rental servers) will be in the next patch.

- Password protected servers and VIP lists (multiple admins) are "on the radar" for the next patch. This means that we might be getting them with the next release or later on. Pending TBC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/5xs10u/still_no_words_about_platoon_features/del0x4k/?context=3

- Platoons are on their way, and we can expect news "very soon" hopefully.

- Classic Mode is also on the DICE's radar but unfortunately, there is no ETA yet.
  • Axlerod1
    1379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All will be fixed before the next battlefield Title gets launched in a year or too. "SOON"
  • Braddock512
    1310 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    edited April 2017
    tldr_baz wrote: »
    See here's the thing. DICE aren't interested in your feedback unless it relates to anything that they already plan on implementing or have already implemented. It's a harsh truth, but it's a fact.

Sure, they make out that they do, and they have community managers and such to pretend that they do, but in reality their main function is to act as a firewall between themselves and the player base and to deal with all the crap that us angry consumers would otherwise throw at them, and to occasionally throw a vague hint that it'll get better, just you wait an' see!
    You've confused the word FACT with your OPINION. It happens, but let's try to focus on actual facts, not what you think is happening (because I certainly don't see you around the office, so I'm pretty sure you don't know exactly what the Devs think).

Also, thanks for clearing up what my "main function" is, here I've been working for 18+ months, just winging it. (Sarcasm is fun, isn't it?)
    Bro, you can participate in the conversation in a constructive way or you can sit quietly in the corner. Considering you're literally adding nothing to this discussion, I recommend the latter before the choice is taken from you.

-Braddock512-

Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • Jaskaman
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    @Shtaff One of the Devs have already stated there will be no ProCon.

@Fronk-Z4F
    Please don't reply when the answer is "They are working on it" or "It will be fixed in one of the next updates" !
    I'll provide information when it's available/ready to be shared. In the meantime, replying that we are aware of the requests, we are looking at timelines - I will continue to do this. You want information - I understand. However, when I don't post, I see threads regurgitating "DICE DOESN'T CARE. When I do post that we have more things in the works- (and there have been dozens of people asking "At least let us know it's in the works or you're aware"), I get "Don't post unless it's a date". Yeah, no.

Anways, OP.
    I've sent your feedback to DICE. PERSONALLY, I agree. It should be no more than 10 to start (5v5) across all servers, 6 to start on RSP.
    But that's just my opinion.

-Braddock512-

Thank you for your support, Braddock. I think 10P start for official setting would be enough for CQ 64, maybe lower for 24 slots?.We (UP-Community) have managed to start server with 20p so far but how about those who can'`t? And some day we might not be able to start it with this...And as you suggested, 6p as an option to RSP would be fine :) However, when we get password protected Private servers, there should be option for 1p start as well for the event :)

One thing though, if 6p start will be implemented, this adaptive idlekick that was in BF4 will be needed, because server seeders (idlers) will be kicked out too fast. That's why this 10P should be good for the most of the clans or 6p + adaptive server kick (25% of the max).
  • Shtaff
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for your answers @Braddock512 @BFBulletin , it does not have to be easy for you to always repeat the same thing, cross fingers for next month.

ps: But not May 5 there is a PREY coming out ;)
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mostly they stay in Twitter&Reddit.

This makes no freakin sense to me. Why go on Reddit.. that side blows. Plus, isn't this the "official" BF forums? Would make TONSSSS more sense to post here. but then again.. it's EA
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So you either have to deal with what they give you or go play something else.

Option number 2.. Plus I will never buy another EA/Dice game again and I (unfortunately) hope there are many more like me. The only way to get through to these..trying to be nice...idiots, is not buy their products, and this is what I've chosen to do. I'm still just flabbergasted that DICE and EA decided to listen to the small minority of gamers...the ones who did all the complaining...and change EVERYTHING so that the majority of us have to put up with this new RSP ****.

I've put so much of my time and money into BF games.. I just can't do it anymore for such as feeble product.

• tldr_baz
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

You've confused the word FACT with your OPINION. It happens, but let's try to focus on actual facts, not what you think is happening (because I certainly don't see you around the office, so I'm pretty sure you don't know exactly what the Devs thing).

Also, thanks for clearing up what my "main function" is, here I've been working for 18+ months, just winging it. (Sarcasm is fun, isn't it?)
    Bro, you can participate in the conversation in a constructive way or you can sit quietly in the corner. Considering you're literally adding nothing to this discussion, I recommend the latter before the choice is taken from you.

-Braddock512-

My opinion is based on the facts since launch. It's true that we never get any confirmation on RSP features other than vague promises, and only find out what they may be when the patch notes drop.

Since it seems that having any feedback that isn't positive is now regarded as 'non constructive' and warrants the threat of a ban, I guess I'll take it elsewhere from now on.

• Braddock512
    edited March 2017
    My opinion is based on the facts since launch. It's true that we never get any confirmation on RSP features other than vague promises, and only find out what they may be when the patch notes drop.

Since it seems that having any feedback that isn't positive is now regarded as 'non constructive' and warrants the threat of a ban, I guess I'll take it elsewhere from now on.
    I ABSOLUTELY agree that the distribution of information has been less than stellar and I am working to improve communication on upcoming features, tweaks, and adjustments to the RSP program WITH Dev interaction. Spot-on there. It's not been the best experience.

However, your perception regarding feedback is a bit off-base.
    I never threatened to ban you. You confuse the word "constructive" with "only positive".
    You can provide negative, constructive feedback. EXAMPLE: I don't like chocolate ice cream. If vanilla was swirled in it, I feel it would be much better.
    Non-constructive negative feedback: Whoever made chocolate ice cream is an idiot and should be fired.

HUGE difference. Unfortunately, if you can't see that, maybe it is best you don't post.
    -Braddock512-
  • tldr_baz
    I never threatened to ban you
    In which case, maybe you could tell me how I was supposed to interpret this...

And while I appreciate that you agree with me, it's not the first time that an 'official' has said they're not happy with their communication. The trouble is, they don't back that up with any action
  • Braddock512
    edited March 2017
    Despite the fact that this is completely derailing this thread, I'll answer and we'll consider THIS part closed, fair?
    In which case, maybe you could tell me how I was supposed to interpret this...
    I offered you a choice. You always have a choice in how you interact. However, with each choice comes consequences and, when necessary, I'll try to remind you of the forum rules and the agreement you 'digitally signed' when creating your account. I don't like banning anyone. I don't even like the term. But, per my responsibilities to this forum, I will enforce the rules to create a place to have discussions - good, positive, negative, but always constructive. The difference between a threat and a warning are minute, but they do exist. A threat is more forceful, demanding. A warning is a bit gentler, a reminder, or recommendation. I recommended that if you can't participate in the discussion in a constructive way, it would be better to not post to avoid the consequences of violating the forums rules.
    And while I appreciate that you agree with me, it's not the first time that an 'official' has said they're not happy with their communication. The trouble is, they don't back that up with any action
    Fair enough. While I can't go into all the details on how we have to get approvals on various communication strategies, I can totally understand where you're coming from and will work to bring more transparency to the forums.

-Braddock512-
  • tldr_baz
    edited March 2017
    You clearly threatened to ban me. You can spin it and throw in a bunch of references to the rules and such, but we both know the implication there was I either shut up and go sit in the corner, or you'll ban me. Personally I thought what I wrote was constructive, but that seems to be a fairly loose term around here anyway, used to justify closing negative discussions or removing people who complain. You agreed with at least part of it, so how non-constructive was it?

I don't think there are many other industries who would get away with treating their customers with such contempt if they have something less that flattering to say about a product, or dare to ask a question about a product they've purchased from them, only to be completely ignored.

I really don't want to argue with you. I think you're a decent guy with good intentions. But I don't believe that you'll come through on your last statement, because I don't believe EA will let you
  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    I for one am glad to finally hear the low player start is coming next patch. This one thing really was the main reason why I stopped renting the server. You guys really shot yourselves in the foot for ignoring this much needed change since it was originally requested back in Nov/Dec.

20 player start was how my server died, even though we enjoyed 2 full weeks of jam packed action when standard issue rifles first came out and it was fun, people loved it. But after xmas break we just couldn't get 20 players to start the games, and people lost interest after sitting there waiting for hours trying to start a game.

You want an example of failure of communication? This right here, people on the forum cried for low player start, explained why their servers were dying, and have pin pointed it as one of the top 3 needed RSP changes. But somehow this urgency wasn't relayed to the dev team, or whoever makes decisions there didn't find it important enough and brushed it aside...and pretty much forgot about it.

Anybody who rented a custom server could've told you low player start needed to happen or RSP was going to die, PC community was going to fall off. Failure of communication, failure to deliver, and failed promises of "soon". I rented my server for an extra month after it died because I was promised "soon" that never happened. Not just once, but multiple "soon" as if you guys at DICE really knew how urgent low player start really needed to happen. You bet I'm salty.

So Braddock, I see you're trying to be active, so kudos. I've enjoyed watching you on live streams when the game was new. I just wished you guys didn't drop the ball on these important urgent issues that should have, and could have, been fixed long before. I'm sorry but I don't think low player start is anything but a simple toggle from your coder's perspective. How this went so long just shows how badly you guys dropped the ball.
  • Braddock512
    You clearly threatened to ban me. You can spin it and throw in a bunch of references to the rules and such, but we both know the implication there was I either shut up and go sit in the corner, or you'll ban me. Personally I thought what I wrote was constructive, but that seems to be a fairly loose term around here anyway, used to justify closing negative discussions or removing people who complain. You agreed with at least part of it, so how non-constructive was it?
    Again, wrong. I gave you an option to participate in a constructive way (which the post I'm referencing did not) or desist. The part I agreed with is that we can do better at getting information to you.
    I really don't want to argue with you. I think you're a decent guy with good intentions. But I don't believe that you'll come through on your last statement, because I don't believe EA will let you
    I think you do want to argue, but I'm not going to continue this.

As previously stated, add to the discussion in a constructive way or feel free to not post. (This is my final post regarding this and your final warning - again, not threat.)
    -Braddock512-
  • S1n31ra
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFBulletin wrote: »
    - Password protected servers and VIP lists (multiple admins) are "on the radar" for the next patch. This means that we might be getting them with the next release or later on. Pending TBC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/5xs10u/still_no_words_about_platoon_features/del0x4k/?context=3

We need password protected servers now. If it's not in this release it means another 3 months in, or more.
    This is killing a substantial portion of the community.
  • iT_Terkoz
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    From what I see, only a couple of MODs come on the Forums, no DEVs or anyone else from EA.

Really?

Also, "DICE has thrown in the towel", etc. has ABSOLUTELY zero basis in fact.
    I talk with the teams on a weekly basis about features, additions, tweaks, RSP, maps, RSP, low-player match start, RSP (I really really push RSP updates/changes).

@iT_Terkoz Unless you programmed games on the Frostbite engine, it's really apples and oranges, and it's a tired argument. Let's stop trying to use it.

@Braddock512 Sorry but nice try. We're talking about changing the number of players needed to start the round and unless it only appears once in the code it will be represented by a variable that will be initialized in once spot. Either way it would require changing in one location. Considering the harm this doing to the rental servers it makes zero sense that this hasn't been done by now considering it was decided on months ago.

And while yes I have never touched the frostbite engine, nor worked on games I have been a professional programmer since the 90's and writing my own programs for even longer. I might have just an inkling of whats involved in adding the server functions. Most of the core functionality is already there. Players joining a running server, switching sides etc etc. What is needed is just a gui to target individual players and trigger those already existing functions in whichever way is required. Considering how complex Battlefield itself is your programmers will be able to do things like that in their sleep. Yet six months later what do we have? An single admin kick facility and not much else.

Please do not treat us like idiots. We are not all keyboard warriors looking for absolutely anything to cry about. We can work out for ourselves that something is going on behind the scenes that is causing all this. Telling us the truth would do less harm to your public image than this silence and inaction is.

And do you want to know why we are so passionate about this? Try spending 4,000 odd hours in a pastime over the last 7 years and see how you react when you see it being mangled. By this point in time with BF4 I had about 500 hours into the game. In BF1 I have 75. And half of that was out of habit rather than for enjoyment. I know of over 50 people who I would class as Battlefielders. Not one of them plays this game anymore. Not ONE. If that doesn't explain to you the depth of feeling over this then you are in the wrong job sir.