Big disappointment to most of the clans:Upcoming 6p start is not an official setting

Comments

  • Mark-GaWebDev
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. It should be no more than 10 to start (5v5) across all servers, 6 to start on RSP.
    But that's just my opinion.


    -Braddock512-

    It's an opinion that also happens to be the "majority consensus" among community/clan leaders and those renting servers in an effort to build and maintain community. RSP is on life support and I can't even fathom why they have not implemented some of the simple to implement features like this already. Sad state of affairs.

  • tldr_baz
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    tldr_baz wrote: »
    You clearly threatened to ban me. You can spin it and throw in a bunch of references to the rules and such, but we both know the implication there was I either shut up and go sit in the corner, or you'll ban me. Personally I thought what I wrote was constructive, but that seems to be a fairly loose term around here anyway, used to justify closing negative discussions or removing people who complain. You agreed with at least part of it, so how non-constructive was it?
    Again, wrong. I gave you an option to participate in a constructive way (which the post I'm referencing did not) or desist. The part I agreed with is that we can do better at getting information to you.
    tldr_baz wrote: »
    I really don't want to argue with you. I think you're a decent guy with good intentions. But I don't believe that you'll come through on your last statement, because I don't believe EA will let you
    I think you do want to argue, but I'm not going to continue this.

    As previously stated, add to the discussion in a constructive way or feel free to not post. (This is my final post regarding this and your final warning - again, not threat.)
    -Braddock512-

    For someone who supposedly doesn't like to ban people, you sure do 'warn' people about it a lot. Just so you know, I really do not care if I'm banned from here, so if you feel that my comments (which you claim you agree with in part but still label as 'non constructive') warrant that, then you go right ahead and do it. You can also end the discussion by claiming it's been 'derailed' and close the thread too. Also, feel free to frame it as though it was entirely my fault.
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    By continuing to argue as you are baz, it will be your fault. Just walk away from it.
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Gavyne wrote: »
    I for one am glad to finally hear the low player start is coming next patch. This one thing really was the main reason why I stopped renting the server. You guys really shot yourselves in the foot for ignoring this much needed change since it was originally requested back in Nov/Dec.

    6p lower player start has promised to come to RSP on the next patch. That is not the issue here, issue is that it's an option in CTE patch that makes RSP server showing as Custom-what makes it unusable for the most of the clans because custom servers are nearly impossible to start even with 6p so they try to use official setup.
    So at least if 6p start is coming it should be an official setting (means server is not custom if you make it on) or at least they should lower official server starting requirement to 10p and then you can have this 6p option separately.
    Also mapvote should not make server custom. Custom server setting is a real problem here, because quick match never joins there, server browser is giving adventage to official server setting etc.
    And one last reason is that players does not know what means a custom server, so they will not join there unless it's strongly supported By game itself-they pick official server setup instead...
    To help this there are few ways:
    1) Quickmatch has an option to join custom RSP servers and basicly every RSP server, not only DICE official.
    2) all Dice official servers are removed from the server browser.
    But even with those I afraid a random player will just choose official quickmatch instead....
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gavyne wrote: »
    I for one am glad to finally hear the low player start is coming next patch. This one thing really was the main reason why I stopped renting the server. You guys really shot yourselves in the foot for ignoring this much needed change since it was originally requested back in Nov/Dec.

    6p lower player start has promised to come to RSP on the next patch. That is not the issue here, issue is that it's an option in CTE patch that makes RSP server showing as Custom-what makes it unusable for the most of the clans because custom servers are nearly impossible to start even with 6p.
    So at least if 6p start is coming it should be an official setting (means server is not custom if you make it on) or at least they should lower official server starting requirement to 10p and then you can have this 6p option separately.
    Also mapvote should not make server custom. Custom server setting is a real problem here, because quick match never joins there, server browser is giving adventage to official server setting etc.
    And one last reason is that players does not know what means a custom server, so they will not join there unless it's strongly supported By game itself-they pick official server setup instead...
    To help this there are few ways:
    1) Quickmatch has an option to join custom RSP servers and basicly every RSP server, not only DICE official.
    2) all Dice official servers are removed from the server browser.
    But even with those I afraid a random player will just choose official quickmatch instead....

    I agree. The "custom" server designation is killing the rented servers for 2 reasons. 1- people don't know how to use the server browser. 2 - once a server is made custom nobody joins through quick match. Changing player start to 6 should not make it custom.
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    I think they also changed something today (28th) in the server browser, server is impossible to start with DLC map even there has been 9 players in the server 2 hrs. So if this will be the case, there will be more clans dropping servers soon... Unfortunately I do not have time to look what they have changed because Im working. So this lower player starting as an official setting is needed asap.... Also I was being kicked for being idle, even server is on preround....
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    @Braddock512
    Today we have had 5 idlers on the server 7 hrs and 9 idlers last 2.5 hrs. No one is joining to our server today, first time ever after we rented server for BF1 12 days ago and we were running DLC maps.
    Reason is this:
    "NEWS: The #BF1 UI has been updated to add #TheyShallNotPass to quick match: Conquest, Rush, Frontlines, Team Deathmatch and Domination."

    People are using quickmatch now to join to DLC servers, they are not using server browser. Is this fair to RSP servers that quickmatch does not join to them? How we can be able to start server with this system?

    Update: Finally got server running -but this can't be like this. Usually we have 3-5 server seeders and server can't be started with that count anymore with new DLC...
    Post edited by Jaskaman on
  • RR-Monkeyspanker
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We had a start last night of 20 players so the timer restarted the game. 1 public person dropped so we ended in a loop where we couldnt play and public kept coming on for 30 secs and then leaving so it kept going up to 19 players then down to 15 players with nothing happeing. A stupid flawed system that I still cant understand why someone would think was good as opposed to the BF4 starts. It boggles my mind to think that some people must have had lots of meetings about this and decided this was the way to go.
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    We had a start last night of 20 players so the timer restarted the game. 1 public person dropped so we ended in a loop where we couldnt play and public kept coming on for 30 secs and then leaving so it kept going up to 19 players then down to 15 players with nothing happeing. A stupid flawed system that I still cant understand why someone would think was good as opposed to the BF4 starts. It boggles my mind to think that some people must have had lots of meetings about this and decided this was the way to go.

    Our server is now stuck in 9 players, waiting for players, no one can move -why? WE got 20 ppl at server, 3 of them left after actual round started, counter stopped for 1 minutes and rest of the people left. So same happened to us now. How to stop this counter? How to set it back to preround?
    We have been stuck like this now 3 hrs.
    Update: after counter being stuck 4 hrs, we managed to start the server.
    Post edited by Jaskaman on
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    with the actual player count droping, it is going to continue to get harder and harder to get servers going. I hope everyone likes playing on Vanilla DICE servers normal mode conquest because soon that will be all that can get going.
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Boy I hope this RSP fix comes during battlefest. It sure would be nice to play on our server which we've been paying for sence release. So ya 6 months and only had it going maybe 5 times. We are a big clan but we also play two other games with servers too. Please this is something that needs to be done yesterday.
  • Shtaff
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

    I think that once the pacth arrived with the modification of launch of the server to 6 players, the servers rent will come back in strength, I just ask a classic server (no 3D spotting, 100% health, 100 Damage no regen life etc ... .) Private servers will reborn
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Shtaff One of the Devs have already stated there will be no ProCon.


    @Fronk-Z4F
    Please don't reply when the answer is "They are working on it" or "It will be fixed in one of the next updates" !
    I'll provide information when it's available/ready to be shared. In the meantime, replying that we are aware of the requests, we are looking at timelines - I will continue to do this. You want information - I understand. However, when I don't post, I see threads regurgitating "DICE DOESN'T CARE. When I do post that we have more things in the works- (and there have been dozens of people asking "At least let us know it's in the works or you're aware"), I get "Don't post unless it's a date". Yeah, no.

    Anways, OP.
    I've sent your feedback to DICE. PERSONALLY, I agree. It should be no more than 10 to start (5v5) across all servers, 6 to start on RSP.
    But that's just my opinion.


    -Braddock512-

    Hey jackhole...
    We love ya. Thanks for all ya do ;)
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You've confused the word FACT with your OPINION. It happens, but let's try to focus on actual facts, not what you think is happening (because I certainly don't see you around the office, so I'm pretty sure you don't know exactly what the Devs thing).

    -Braddock512-

    Actions speak louder than words.. Right now, all we hear from EA is "soon".. Pathetic ;)

  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Almost feel bad for some people at DICE because I know they worked hard at this game, a game we used to have fun playing. But people in charge of RSP totally screwed it up for everybody else. It's a shame really.

    I see they're finally testing platoons: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/98403/platoons-now-testing-in-cte#latest

    Who knows when that'll be ready. Soon right?
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    tldr_baz wrote: »
    You clearly threatened to ban me. You can spin it and throw in a bunch of references to the rules and such, but we both know the implication there was I either shut up and go sit in the corner, or you'll ban me. Personally I thought what I wrote was constructive, but that seems to be a fairly loose term around here anyway, used to justify closing negative discussions or removing people who complain. You agreed with at least part of it, so how non-constructive was it?


    I don't think there are many other industries who would get away with treating their customers with such contempt if they have something less that flattering to say about a product, or dare to ask a question about a product they've purchased from them, only to be completely ignored.


    I really don't want to argue with you. I think you're a decent guy with good intentions. But I don't believe that you'll come through on your last statement, because I don't believe EA will let you

    Dude, its not what you posted but how you worded it. God knows I've posted some of the most negative feedback known to man but ya have to do it with at least a modicum of civility. Sometimes the frustration gets the better of me but honestly jumping on Braddocks back isn't going to do anything other than alienate one of the few avenues info from here gets to the devs.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shtaff wrote: »
    I think that once the pacth arrived with the modification of launch of the server to 6 players, the servers rent will come back in strength, I just ask a classic server (no 3D spotting, 100% health, 100 Damage no regen life etc ... .) Private servers will reborn

    Im waiting for the lower player count to rent one for my experimental mode server yet it will def flag as custom so i have no idea if it will even fly without a huge boost from the community as i doubt you could find it in the server browser.
  • Shtaff
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    Shtaff wrote: »
    I think that once the pacth arrived with the modification of launch of the server to 6 players, the servers rent will come back in strength, I just ask a classic server (no 3D spotting, 100% health, 100 Damage no regen life etc ... .) Private servers will reborn

    Im waiting for the lower player count to rent one for my experimental mode server yet it will def flag as custom so i have no idea if it will even fly without a huge boost from the community as i doubt you could find it in the server browser.

    Just have to know how to use the browser, many team who had a classic mod server: bammboo bar, flummelbude, deadfriends, etc ...
    Have returned to normal mode because of the number of players of 20 to start the server, once the patch arrived with the number of 6 players, the servers will start faster i hope crossed fingers ^^
  • tldr_baz
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    Dude, its not what you posted but how you worded it. God knows I've posted some of the most negative feedback known to man but ya have to do it with at least a modicum of civility. Sometimes the frustration gets the better of me but honestly jumping on Braddocks back isn't going to do anything other than alienate one of the few avenues info from here gets to the devs.
    What part wasn't civil? And I thought it was one of the community manager's duties to interact with us on DICE's behalf?
Sign In or Register to comment.