Weekly BF

Big disappointment to most of the clans:Upcoming 6p start is not an official setting

Comments

• InSaNeOldGuy
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    tldr_baz wrote: »
    What part wasn't civil? And I thought it was one of the community manager's duties to interact with us on DICE's behalf?

You're absolutely correct; as a customer who purchased their product, you should be afforded the right to express your frustration regarding your experience(s). Correct me if I'm wrong, but any other business; online or brick and mortar, would at least listen. But here all I see are closed/locked threads and warned/banned customers. Frankly I'm surprised anybody posts here at all. What is the definition of insanity gentlemen ? I honestly believe that EA/DICE thinks the PC community that both rents servers, and plays on them, has such a limited impact on sales that they just don't matter.

I used to check both BF1 and BF4 server populations regularly. Always expected BF1 to be plummeting due to lack of community, but it's surprising to me that BF4 is taking a nosedive as well. I'm no genius.. But to me it appears that the entire BF community is slowly accepting the realization that the Battlefield franchise is about dead in the water. At least that's how it looks to me.

Earlier today a clanmate of mine posted in Discord about "Premium Friends" (link) where even if you didn't buy Premium you can still taste the most recent DLC. At the top it says, "At DICE, we spend a lot of time listening to our community and encouraging our teams to shape our products and updates based on your feedback." Sad.... I wonder if sales of Premium have been so dismal that they're giving everybody a free trial in the hopes that they'll purchase it. I wonder how sales will be when the next DLC comes out ?

I'll admit... I used to be frustrated over this RSP boondoggle myself, but not anymore. I once worried that the inability to rent servers would hurt our clan, but one look in Discord and they're all playing other games. Nobody plays BF1 anymore...

• Rev0verDrive
    6756 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2017
    "Premium Friends" in my opinion is a great way to demo the DLC maps before buying. And to be clear it's only to test/demo the maps.
    • You gain zero XP, although it is stored separately to be gained if you do purchase.
    • No progression tracking
    • No Spawn-in-access to weapons or vehicles exclusive to the dlc. You can however hop-in or pick-up said weapons. No xp or progression will be awarded.
    • No progression on DLC codexes or medals.

Whether or not Premium Friends play affects or how it affects stats is altogether a different question.
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Premium friends will not fix the serious issues with RSP which is what is killing the community.
    What is DICE going to do next, give DLC away? This is just a pathetic attempt to save this sinking ship. They now have made it quite clear they are not going to fix the serious lacking of RSP and if they do it will not be in a timely manner.
    There is no saving this game anymore, not after 6.5 months. All my friends have left the game. I hardly play it now.
    Like I said before, give it a couple weeks after DLC drops and watch the player count drop drastically.

Premium Friends is a better initiative than no initiative for DLC. It essentially lets more people try it out and decide whether they buy it or not. Premium is not really that much money, if you can't afford premium then this is a good way for the DLC to stay popular which was a serious problem with previous titles. This really is the best option for that predicament.

Furthermore RSP has nothing to do with CTE, its a separate demon so of course nothing they test in CTE is going to fix RSP. RSP is being worked on by a different team so they can't release information about it like they do with CTE, platoons just got announced too which looks and sounds sexy.

RSP will get there, I know for a lot it is too late, I still haven't and wont spend money on it, but what they are doing with CTE really makes me want to come back to BF1 already. The next RSP update, though overdue, will be better than the current setup - supposedly Multi-admins are coming. If the server browser was fixed I could live with what they have (if multi-admin was included) but until it is fixed I wont touch it.
  • Jaskaman
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Gavyne wrote: »
    I for one am glad to finally hear the low player start is coming next patch. This one thing really was the main reason why I stopped renting the server. You guys really shot yourselves in the foot for ignoring this much needed change since it was originally requested back in Nov/Dec.

6p lower player start has promised to come to RSP on the next patch. That is not the issue here, issue is that it's an option in CTE patch that makes RSP server showing as Custom-what makes it unusable for the most of the clans because custom servers are nearly impossible to start even with 6p.
    So at least if 6p start is coming it should be an official setting (means server is not custom if you make it on) or at least they should lower official server starting requirement to 10p and then you can have this 6p option separately.
    Also mapvote should not make server custom. Custom server setting is a real problem here, because quick match never joins there, server browser is giving adventage to official server setting etc.
    And one last reason is that players does not know what means a custom server, so they will not join there unless it's strongly supported By game itself-they pick official server setup instead...
    To help this there are few ways:
    1) Quickmatch has an option to join custom RSP servers and basicly every RSP server, not only DICE official.
    2) all Dice official servers are removed from the server browser.
    But even with those I afraid a random player will just choose official quickmatch instead....

I agree. The "custom" server designation is killing the rented servers for 2 reasons. 1- people don't know how to use the server browser. 2 - once a server is made custom nobody joins through quick match. Changing player start to 6 should not make it custom.

Another problem is that even if you have any setup for RSP, QM does not sent people there. It's only sending to DICE official and that's the big issue. We had to stop our DLC rotation because it was nearly impossible to start a server.... EA is selling servers but why QM is only sending players to DICE official?

So I made an official request to reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/62dart/qm_back_to_rsp_servers/
  • Mark-GaWebDev
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017

Another problem is that even if you have any setup for RSP, QM does not sent people there. It's only sending to DICE official and that's the big issue. We had to stop our DLC rotation because it was nearly impossible to start a server.... EA is selling servers but why QM is only sending players to DICE official?

So I made an official request to reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/62dart/qm_back_to_rsp_servers/

Our community won't be renewing our two severs after they both expire tomorrow (Sat.) Total waste of time and money as the features are right now. In previous titles BF2, BF3 and BF4, community rented servers were the anchor of a community/clan. No more.

There's absolutely zero incentive for my community to fund and rent one in BF1. The inability to link to the server via web and forums in BF1 was a big enough blow to the "community branding" benefits of operating one aside from the present limitations introduced with BF1.

• Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "Premium Friends" in my opinion is a great way to demo the DLC maps before buying. And to be clear it's only to test/demo the maps.
    • You gain zero XP, although it is stored separately to be gained if you do purchase.
    • No progression tracking
    • No Spawn-in-access to weapons or vehicles exclusive to the dlc. You can however hop-in or pick-up said weapons. No xp or progression will be awarded.
    • No progression on DLC codexes or medals.

Whether or not Premium Friends play affects or how it affects stats is altogether a different question.

People read this wrong... You still get points and rank up normally. What it doesn't give you is any progression to get any of the unlocks, medals, or codexes for DLC. It stores it so you can still work on it, but it will not come unlocked unless you buy it.
  • Axlerod1
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Who cares about the DLC, if there are no good servers to play in then that point is mute.

DICE is killing off the community due to the dysfunctional Rental Server Program. Look at how the player count continues to drop. DLC did not help the community which is based around servers they like to play in. RSP = RIP.
  • ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Who cares about the DLC, if there are no good servers to play in then that point is mute.

DICE is killing off the community due to the dysfunctional Rental Server Program. Look at how the player count continues to drop. DLC did not help the community which is based around servers they like to play in. RSP = RIP.

yeah it is done we have been around since bf1942 and look at the server prject they are working on everything but that...platoon...friends system....color of grass..oh wait...never mind lol

• Rev0verDrive
    6756 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Madturnip wrote:
    People read this wrong... You still get points and rank up normally. What it doesn't give you is any progression to get any of the unlocks, medals, or codexes for DLC. It stores it so you can still work on it, but it will not come unlocked unless you buy it.
    • In a “Premium Enabled” party, only owners of a Battlefield 1 Premium Pass or the specific expansion pack will earn XP from the maps exclusive to that expansion. We will save the XP for everyone else and grant them retroactively if they decide to get the Battlefield 1 Premium Pass for themselves.
    • Only owners of a Battlefield 1 Premium Pass or the specific expansion pack will be able to spawn in with weapons and vehicles unique for the expansion.
    • Only owners of a Battlefield 1 Premium Pass or the specific expansion pack will track progress towards the unique medals and codexes for the expansion.

You will earn XP on the scoreboard, but it will not be applied instantly to your account. The XP is stored separately, until you do purchase said DLC the XP pertains to. At which point it is added to your account.
  • Axlerod1
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    and the player count is dropping still...
  • Jaskaman
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017

We had to remove DLC maps from our server, because it made server empty. Yeah game is losing players and DLC/Premium is not popular. And I do not think 6p start will save player counts dropping. Good discounts for BF1 and also for Premium would buff it.... But of course things like proper RSP/platoons/vip etc would help it too. Let's see.
  • Rev0verDrive

We had to remove DLC maps from our server, because it made server empty. Yeah game is losing players and DLC/Premium is not popular. And I do not think 6p start will save player counts dropping. Good discounts for BF1 and also for Premium would buff it.... But of course things like proper RSP/platoons/vip etc would help it too. Let's see.
    • 6 Player Start
    • Server settings ... fix the custom crap
    • Quick Match for Ranked based on server filters
    • RSP Features & Functionality
    ...then they will come back...maybe even buy DLC or go full premium.
  • Jaskaman
    I agree and 6p start but server should not kick people before 20 in the server.... Adaptive, otherwise server goes empty when seeders are kicked.
  • NL73schietdammer
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2017
    tldr_baz wrote: »
    NetRngr wrote: »
    Dude, its not what you posted but how you worded it. God knows I've posted some of the most negative feedback known to man but ya have to do it with at least a modicum of civility. Sometimes the frustration gets the better of me but honestly jumping on Braddocks back isn't going to do anything other than alienate one of the few avenues info from here gets to the devs.
    What part wasn't civil? And I thought it was one of the community manager's duties to interact with us on DICE's behalf?

mods i have had enough of this guy in this topic just remove him
  • NL73schietdammer
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

what is a good server? and where? if usa then indeed a problem , but here in europe we have 4 5 full 24/7 fort de vaux servers
  • NL73schietdammer
    iano1978 wrote: »
    "Julian Manolov‏ @_jjju_ · 1hr ago
    low player server starting is if one rents a server and creates a custom game with that option enabled"

Would you get QM traffic?

No QM traffic comes to RSP even if used Official setting for some reason. Custom setting is useless, no one uses it and server browser does not properly support it.
    Of course if they remove all DICE servers from server browser and make Custom setting as default setting and they bring QM back to RSP using official setup could help with it.

i own 5 servers https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=bevdg and everything is vanilla , except al having 1 map 24/7 , first 1 i have since november 2nd since decemebr and 3 mroe recently there hasnt been one day that one didnt have players , and enver ever was i without quickmatch trafiic , so i ahve absoluty no clue what you are talking about
  • NL73schietdammer
    We had a start last night of 20 players so the timer restarted the game. 1 public person dropped so we ended in a loop where we couldnt play and public kept coming on for 30 secs and then leaving so it kept going up to 19 players then down to 15 players with nothing happeing. A stupid flawed system that I still cant understand why someone would think was good as opposed to the BF4 starts. It boggles my mind to think that some people must have had lots of meetings about this and decided this was the way to go.

Our server is now stuck in 9 players, waiting for players, no one can move -why? WE got 20 ppl at server, 3 of them left after actual round started, counter stopped for 1 minutes and rest of the people left. So same happened to us now. How to stop this counter? How to set it back to preround?
    We have been stuck like this now 3 hrs.
    Update: after counter being stuck 4 hrs, we managed to start the server.

yes i have been asking for a solution for months , and am eager for another try to get this problem fixed , i mean under the attention of devs so they can change some things , i own 5 servers and today is a very very very bad day , i had 2 total fails after i had 20 palyers on the server twice , both at the same server server 4 https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=bevdg

2 / 3 days ago i tried twotter but no response from tiggr / Striterax i made 6 screenshots and gave the link to them https://t.co/5MZGkCl8tD , there is also a word document in it wtih an explenation , ill copy that here >

""
    lomg story short : the 15+15 screen scares to many players away remember this is the fist round of the day where there are only 20 players in the server , this is not after a round of 64 and then next round starts with around 40 players - normally the case after a 64 player round

now the long story long :

Hello , my BF1 ingame name is NL73schietdammer , i am the owner of these 5 RTS servers, that are full every day https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=BEvdG

i set my alarm at 6am over here in the netherlands and today at 6.14 i put 5 accounts of our "clan / friends" in our empty server 2 quentin , server 1 fort de vaux survived the night it still had players

in the map you see this explenation doc plus 6 screenshots

1 > screenhost at 6.14 name : 20170401_061417(614am we start with5 accounts) the name says it all i went in with 5 and a 6th regular helper joiend 1minute after so we use 6 to fill

2 > screenhost at 6.41 name : 20170401_064107(6.41am almost there at this moment 18) fast forward 27minutes later 12 players joiend so now 18 and almost there

3 > screenhost at 6.42 name : 20170401_064217(6.42am realround people loading in) 1minute later - ion between the round restarted from pre-round to real round becuase number 19 and 20 joined , but on the pictire that is THE part that all too often fails here 2 are laoding in OR 1 or 2 already left because SOME people see 18 of 30 needed instead of the reality 2 more needed to start the 1minute countdown

4 > screenhost at 6.43 name : 20170401_064327(1minute later, some got scared of the 15+15 LIE) 1minute later again sand now 16 so people left

5 > screenhost at 6.44 name : 20170401_064437(1minute later FAIL, change 1st dayround look to 10plus10needed for 1minute) and another minute later - only 12 total - and now i call it a FAIL because people are really impatient when thye cant run around like they could in pre round

6 > screenhost at 7.45 name : 20170401_074518(so6.42 we had a start, now 7.45 15and waiting) and this is 1 hour 1 minute later , in that hour i removed all my 5 available seeders and the rest left also and the server resets to pre round at i think 3 players left or is it 2 and then it becomes pre round again where people can spawn and here there are 15 on the screenshot

so a FAIL and now the real round (where the 1minute managed to start) , started at 7.51 so more then an hour waisted - 7.51 instead of 6.42 - and now i have to start with server 3 4 5 and hope they have not a fail at 20 players , alll in all since i started to rent and also help other server owners - i fill between 7 and 9 pc servers a day it takes me 6hours 6am to12.00 - i must have had around 80 of these failed starts , on average it akes another hour to realy start it after that so this is 80 hours of my life waisted because of a bad user interface - it just needs to say 10 not 15 - and i have made many topics on this on reddit and the bf1 forum , even months ago already and every patch that comes out i had hope but it hasnt changed

so please change the FIRST round of the day look , it needs to show x / 10 players needed to start the 1minute x / 10 or better x / 20 players needed to start the 1minute , because the 1 minute also starts at 1 team 12 other team 8

p.s. with bf4 you had a procon plugin who sapmed the chat woth , palyer x is joining , the server browser / battlefieldtracker.com always show the real players , i eman also the players who are loading in , and the server knows it also and even knows on whcuj team he is going to put the players , it would be nice if 8 / 10 palyers needed to start the 1minute 9 / 10 and there are 4 people laoding in , 2 on each team then it should show somehow that the total isnt 17 but actually 21

p.s.2 going offtopic almost , like i said i fill 7 to 9 servers a day and that takes me 6hours , i read in patchnotes or news that RTS servers are going to be - or already are - higher in the list then official servers when it coems to getting quickmatch traffic , so these rts servers are somehow tagged , cnat you make it so that these rtst servers jave an offical start at 14 not 20 players and then get quickmatch traffic , in my experience , having started at least 500 rimes a first round of the day ... that lowering the round start from 20 to 14 would have a huge big impact on the amount of time - of my 6 hours a day i spend starting up servers - i would get back each day , 14 players you get rather quickly. I read cte patch notes that mentions 6 player start but that would make the server custom, i understand that 6 player start as an official setting would be maybe too much , becuase i alone have 5 accounts available each day - some trough teamviewer - and with a 6th i could trigger quickmatch easily. But 14 is a good number , no clan has 14 available to fill a server.
    ""
  • TFS_Punisher
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm not exactly sure if the seeding works like BF4 or not, but if it does, we're all screwed anyway. Who wants to run OFFICIAL settings or rent a server with OFFICIAL settings when there's an abundance of DICE servers anyway. My whole reasoning for renting a server is to run it with custom player count and map rotations while maintaining seeding under custom setting. If DICE isn't willing to allow that, why rent unless you need one for a day to run an event?
  • Mark-GaWebDev
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

• 6 Player Start
    • Server settings ... fix the custom crap
    • Quick Match for Ranked based on server filters
    • RSP Features & Functionality
    ...then they will come back...maybe even buy DLC or go full premium.

8Jj885J.png

Well now would be a good time. Better hurry. Numbers and data don't lie. This title is in serious trouble regardless whether anyone up the ladder will publicly admit to it. The only chance I see for a comeback and/or resurgence of the population/player-base numbers is to implement the RSP features asap and the Platoon features need to be expedited and rolled out as well. As crazy as it may sound at this juncture may need to GIVE Premium access pass to ALL present game owners.