This Week in Battlefield V

Big disappointment to most of the clans:Upcoming 6p start is not an official setting

Comments

• tldr_baz
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    tldr_baz wrote: »
    NetRngr wrote: »
    Dude, its not what you posted but how you worded it. God knows I've posted some of the most negative feedback known to man but ya have to do it with at least a modicum of civility. Sometimes the frustration gets the better of me but honestly jumping on Braddocks back isn't going to do anything other than alienate one of the few avenues info from here gets to the devs.
    What part wasn't civil? And I thought it was one of the community manager's duties to interact with us on DICE's behalf?

mods i have had enough of this guy in this topic just remove him

You forgot to say 'please'
  • ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    P1asma wrote: »

But to me it appears that the entire BF community is slowly accepting the realization that the Battlefield franchise is about dead in the water. At least that's how it looks to me.

You're not the only one... trust me. many of my clan buds feel the same and at this point, and like me, will never buy another EA/DICE product again.

The RSP was the main issue for me. It's the biggest joke I've seen in 20+ years of PC gaming. Plus Battlefield games use to be fun, playing as a team or solo. There always seemed things to do. But now it's just boring and pointless.

"At DICE, we spend a lot of time listening to our community and encouraging our teams to shape our products and updates based on your feedback." First off this is total ****. Second, the only people they have listened to over the years are the little crybabies who got their feelings hurt b/c they were kicked off a server that actually enforced their rules..

And is it correct that QM still doesn't filter in to RSP's? If so, whoever's decision this was not to correct needs to be fired, immediately.

EA will never get another penny from me, well, maybe "soon" I'll change my mind.

I agree every day the numbers keep falling pretty soon there will be no one to rent servers and no other servers to play on except dice servers...they have fallen a long way since bf1942....shut off the lights on the way out.
  • westyjoe
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    and the player count is dropping still...

We had to remove DLC maps from our server, because it made server empty. Yeah game is losing players and DLC/Premium is not popular. And I do not think 6p start will save player counts dropping. Good discounts for BF1 and also for Premium would buff it.... But of course things like proper RSP/platoons/vip etc would help it too. Let's see.
    • 6 Player Start
    • Server settings ... fix the custom crap
    • Quick Match for Ranked based on server filters
    • RSP Features & Functionality
    ...then they will come back...maybe even buy DLC or go full premium.

If you build it, they will come - "Battle" Field of Dreams...
  • Terra-Immortal
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I stand by my opinion on this subject:

The current level of server customization is a large step back from what the community had in previous Battlefield titles. Would that be the case of a design choice (from a gameplay environment creation) or just a misinformed decision (to what the community wants) the current server customization is non the less laughable. Yes, EA has the full right to have is as they want and stand by their decisions, but to what I gathered from various grassroots communities that rely on having large control of their servers, the current system is limiting, bare bones and does not present any improvements to what we all had in the past. Progress is mostly based on improving current features or replacing them with equivalent, not removing what is crucial and required.
  • Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    iano1978 wrote: »
    "Julian Manolov‏ @_jjju_ · 1hr ago
    low player server starting is if one rents a server and creates a custom game with that option enabled"

Would you get QM traffic?

No QM traffic comes to RSP even if used Official setting for some reason. Custom setting is useless, no one uses it and server browser does not properly support it.
    Of course if they remove all DICE servers from server browser and make Custom setting as default setting and they bring QM back to RSP using official setup could help with it.

i own 5 servers https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=bevdg and everything is vanilla , except al having 1 map 24/7 , first 1 i have since november 2nd since decemebr and 3 mroe recently there hasnt been one day that one didnt have players , and enver ever was i without quickmatch trafiic , so i ahve absoluty no clue what you are talking about

You left out some details:
    -
    How big is your community?
    How long did you have to sit before you got regulars?
    How many friends did you force to sit on the servers until it started going?
    etc..
    -
    Also, you are running VANILLA softcore. I think most complaints are about HARDCORE and settings that make it custom.
  • GreatZTaste
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ripper2323 wrote: »
    UnCuT80 wrote: »
    if lower player start(6p) marks your server as custom = then its useless with the actual browser and preset search. Its impossible to seed servers as custom! Im afraid what happened to Battlefield private servers since bad company 2 or i'm getting old(36) and clans and their community's are not important anymore.

this is an absolute joke...the whole idea of 6 player start is to get your server populated, if you make 6 player start a custom setting, custom servers don't get populated period....makes no sense!!

If regulars bother to favourite a server........ then servers might get full.
  • NL73schietdammer
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2017
    Madturnip wrote: »
    iano1978 wrote: »
    "Julian Manolov‏ @_jjju_ · 1hr ago
    low player server starting is if one rents a server and creates a custom game with that option enabled"

Would you get QM traffic?

No QM traffic comes to RSP even if used Official setting for some reason. Custom setting is useless, no one uses it and server browser does not properly support it.
    Of course if they remove all DICE servers from server browser and make Custom setting as default setting and they bring QM back to RSP using official setup could help with it.

i own 5 servers https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=bevdg and everything is vanilla , except al having 1 map 24/7 , first 1 i have since november 2nd since decemebr and 3 mroe recently there hasnt been one day that one didnt have players , and enver ever was i without quickmatch trafiic , so i ahve absoluty no clue what you are talking about

You left out some details:
    -
    How big is your community?
    How long did you have to sit before you got regulars?
    How many friends did you force to sit on the servers until it started going?
    etc..
    -
    Also, you are running VANILLA softcore. I think most complaints are about HARDCORE and settings that make it custom.

i said we us 6 to fill the server , all at the same time and averyday again

you dont have to sit long to get people let alone reguilars , the community is incredibly incredibly quick in finding a new server when i started my 2nd server quentin , within 1hour 15minuets afte renting it it had its first round start

clans dont force friends , clans have idler pc's old pcs with an origin account with bf1 on it and so a pc that can still run it

no hardcore was never a big huge part of the community in any battefield , maybe 20% but i think even 10% of players love that //// yes custom is indeed difficult , but then you go really offtopic in this topic , becuase it is about making 6 player start a vanilla setting
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • NL73schietdammer
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2017
    but i came here back becuase we just ahd another failer at the 1minute start at our server 3 24/7 ameins

people just get scared and go away when they see the 1minute timer not starting it just needs to start use it for 1minute quickmatch traffic coming in but the 18 19 or 20 that are there just play already , they dont know it starts at 20 maybe because they see 15+15 needed , this is the most annoting thing now about starting a roudn , not the 20 but the part wheree you ahve 20 and still it FAILS to start the real round , see page 5 of thos topic wioth my long explenation
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited April 2017
    did my reply just get removed and why? (becuase i mentioned another gaem , a game that i personally dont like) omg i was typing for so long

well again then

like is aid in this topic i help fill 7 to 9 servers each day , 5of mine +2 to 4 from others

since this Tuesday 4apr17 there has been a huge change , nromally i am done filling servers at around 13pm central european time , but that day plus wednesday / thursday and friday have been horrible between 15.30 and 18.30 instead of 13.00. Pc last week population low 37.000 this week these 4 days 33.000 do 4.000 less - i think of a particular game - but i think on top of that many of them where people who had time during the day , so they didnt need to go to work or go to school or worked at home and they used to come into the 7/9 servers , but now i have even a hard time with my server 5 let alone help 2 to 4 servers after that , i normally was done at 11am with my servers, now that tekes to 14.30. Today saturday is finally normal but that is to be expected in a weekend. But coming monday is going to be really bad again i think for sure.

The starting limit really needs to come down quickly now from 20 - and that is coming from a guy that helped start a round at least 500 times now , and never saw the 20 as an to huge of an obstacle - to at least 14 or even that 6 of this topic (or ofcourse everything in between, 12 10 8) , and that with quickmatch , so not custom.
    If not then the remaining rsp servers will slowly die - altough this week has had a remarkable big detoriation in the abbility to get servers going .... not slow at all - after all this effort to get them going for months on the hope things will get better trough patches, now is reaaly the time to adress this 20 player issue it really has to come now in next patch., i cnat be filliong servers each day from 6am to 6pm.
  • Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    UnCuT80 wrote: »
    if lower player start(6p) marks your server as custom = then its useless with the actual browser and preset search. Its impossible to seed servers as custom! Im afraid what happened to Battlefield private servers since bad company 2 or i'm getting old(36) and clans and their community's are not important anymore.

your right us CLANS do not matter, for christ sake we cant even use TAGS in BF1 i got sick of them and our clan went back to BF4 till something else comes out at the end if this yr
  • Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This game would be so much better if they kept BF4 admin tools...
    I cant help it but compare DICE to Infinity Ward with COD.

it would have been better if they left our freaking servers the way they have been for 10 yrs
  • rebelyell1972
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ElStryfe wrote: »
    LOL, This just keeps getting better and better. If you want to fill your server it will become "custom". I guess they really want to kill off the PC gaming community. I know one things for sure, I will not be buying anymore EA titles. Battlefront 2? LOL, no thanks, I saw what happen last time I got a battlefront game.

Agrreed....! no more EA products being bought from me either.. its just been 1 problem after another..on all games ive bought from them.. end story..!
  • Shtaff
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1492461866-500.png

Not in April, in May now "SOON" :)

latest?cb=20151023184944&path-prefix=fr

• CrashCA
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Which "much requested" features is the BIG question
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Which "much requested" features is the BIG question

The ability to type as admin in special coloured text of course!
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    well font is important if you wanna share your thoughts server wide
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »
    well font is important if you wanna share your thoughts server wide

Ok that is true :P But I wouldn't be surprised if they would spend an entire update to something like that. Saying it took them months to get this done.
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Omg May? They have pushed this off 3 months now since they said "Soon"
    Man when my clan finds this out there going to snap.
    Thanks Dice for all the nothing you do with RSP.

But on a side note we're Soon getting platoons