Weekly Debrief

Big disappointment to most of the clans:Upcoming 6p start is not an official setting

Comments

• CrashCA
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What happened to "monthly updates" ? Last one I saw was late March (Platoons etc.)
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Ok since no one updated this I will In the Spring Update we are getting the following:
    • 6 p start, no i dont know if it will still make it a custom server so dont ask.
    • Multiple Admins
    • VIP list, not in patch notes but confirmed in product set for certification.
    • Vote map is now default as on and official
    • PW protected servers.

Lots of other stuff we've been hammering out in the CTE as well. Platoons is a lot more than it was in BF4 and works really well. If you fill a squad with clanmates the squad will be renamed for your clan ie The Armory Clan Squad 1 etc and if you contribute the most points toward caping a flag your platoons avatar is displayed on a banner showing who contributed the most to the cap.

Automagic grenades are gone. Starting ammo with be limited and to resupply a grenade / get a full loadout you will need to find a Support Class player. Yes people will need to relearn how to play their class as intended. This plays a LOT like the old BF titles and is a good step in making the game back into something we want.

Trench Fighter nerfs / AA buffs inbound and best of all, hopefully it works like it should, a fix to netcode that will not benefit high ping players or more accurately even the playing field.

Been working hard on some of this stuff and tweaks will need to be made but it's getting there.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    What happened to "monthly updates" ? Last one I saw was late March (Platoons etc.)

They have the next seasonal update, Spring, to get out then it rolls to monthly updates. hence the spring update then it will be a monthly push. I understand a lot better why things have been taking so long now. When an update is ready to go they have to submit it to MS and Sony to go through certification to make sure it's not going to jack up a metric ton of consoles. Unfortunately MS and SOny work on their own timelines and until its certified by them their hands are tied and they can't push it for legal reason. CTE has opened my eyes to a lot of things and there's stuff we've tested that isnt even in this patch that has been pushed back for further review.
    All I can say is we're trying hard to bring this thing back from the brink and make it play a lot more like BF2/3. We're getting there but it's gonna take a bit. Oh and it will be coming SOON™
  • Rev0verDrive
    6727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    CrashCA wrote: »

They have the next seasonal update, Spring, to get out then it rolls to monthly updates. hence the spring update then it will be a monthly push. I understand a lot better why things have been taking so long now. When an update is ready to go they have to submit it to MS and Sony to go through certification to make sure it's not going to jack up a metric ton of consoles. Unfortunately MS and SOny work on their own timelines and until its certified by them their hands are tied and they can't push it for legal reason. CTE has opened my eyes to a lot of things and there's stuff we've tested that isnt even in this patch that has been pushed back for further review.
    All I can say is we're trying hard to bring this thing back from the brink and make it play a lot more like BF2/3. We're getting there but it's gonna take a bit. Oh and it will be coming SOON™

Welcome to the club man. Told you cert runs took forever and a day. :wink:
  • StarscreamUK
    7287 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The reason we havent posted them, is simply because we cannot post them until we get approval to do so.

Yes I know how crazy that is considering they were talking about it on a live stream etc, but it is what it is.
  • Axlerod1
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't think anyone is blaming you Starscream. We know DICE has a tight leash these days.
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just a random comment passing by which is not going to be negative.

I am happy we finally are getting some more features. In dutch we have a saying which roughly translates to 'Better something, than nothing at all'.
  • Axlerod1
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    6 player start and multiple admins will be a huge plus. I hope they add ability to move players SOON.
    But yes a good start. My group is actually planning on getting a server if it all come true.
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think after the update we definitely need map restart for scrims and be able to turn off idle kick.
  • Shtaff
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh boy I can't wait for this to drop B)
  • Rev0verDrive
    6727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • Shtaff
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone create server like classic mod ? ==>>bf2,bf4 ( no 3d spotting, no regen life, health and damage 100%,etc... )

• CrashCA
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    6 player start and multiple admins will be a huge plus. I hope they add ability to move players SOON.
    But yes a good start. My group is actually planning on getting a server if it all come true.

Ditto, for ours. Hope they deliver. :l
  • kruh-BF2142
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Shtaff wrote: »
    Anyone create server like classic mod ? ==>>bf2,bf4 ( no 3d spotting, no regen life, health and damage 100%,etc... )

or how about official classic preset
  • Jaskaman
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    6p = server custom but at least custom servers show now in server browser, unless you turn mapvote on with 6p start. Then your server is hard to find. Interesting features, so we will not use 6p and mapvote on same time.
  • InSaNeOldGuy
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    So no QM traffic ? (Patch Notes are here)
  • DonkeyBanger
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most of the clans/communities wants to run a server with official settings because custom servers are not very popular among BF1 players.
    In the CTE patch 20th of March, there is an option for 6p start but when I joined to some CTE servers (CQ) player required was still 20p.
    So I asked this and got an answer:

"Julian Manolov‏ @_jjju_ · 1hr ago
    low player server starting is if one rents a server and creates a custom game with that option enabled"
    ----
    Why???? It's useless like that. IT should be an Official server setting. Why again like this? I hope this is changed. We can't accept that-it has been the most waited feature among multiple admins.

FIX the startup amount DICE!! This is BS!!
  • Bl4ckan
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Moderators (multiple administrators) cannot change map rotation (or step forward in maplist). Only the guy who hires the server can do that. Or do I miss something?
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    No whoever you add as moderators can only kick ,ban, unban, add on VIP list and and other moderators.
    I did add guys on our server to help admining but I didn't test to see if they have all the same stuff I have.
    I still would like to see,
    Restart a map, definitely need this for matches
    Spam plugin, for scrolling messages
    Rules plugin, type in game !Rules to get a list
    Also when I kick​ a player and select other I personally would like to write a reason why so the player knows.
    It's really nice seeing Dice finally giving RSP some love, thank you