Weekly BF

Big disappointment to most of the clans:Upcoming 6p start is not an official setting

Comments

• Jaskaman
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Blackis67 wrote: »
    Moderators (multiple administrators) cannot change map rotation (or step forward in maplist). Only the guy who hires the server can do that. Or do I miss something?
    That is true, but I would not like to have many people changing rotations so I kinda like this limitation....
  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So disappointing having 6 player start but making servers Custom, therefore it disappears from server browser and receives no quickmatch feeds. What are you thinking DICE.
  • EntraVenu5
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    why is everyone crying ? we have just purchased a 64 slot server we get 6 players on mapvote off 6 player start enabled and within 1 round we are nearly full. I dont give a rats **** on what anyone says it works!! we can start in the morning and stay full all day .. Stop ya whining man up fill ya server and enjoy!

Jeesh some people aint happy unless they moan about something :)
    under the old system we never filled our server. but on a positive this now works
    now i will wait for the trolls to stamp on my head
  • Darknae
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    EntraVenu5 good for you but it doesn't matter the whole thing reeks of crappy decisions from DICE's part. regardless of server settings they should show up in server browser with simple filtering search.
  • Bl4ckan
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    Blackis67 wrote: »
    Moderators (multiple administrators) cannot change map rotation (or step forward in maplist). Only the guy who hires the server can do that. Or do I miss something?
    That is true, but I would not like to have many people changing rotations so I kinda like this limitation....

The problem is when playing competitive matches. The only administrator must be available at the time and change maps and so on.

EntraVenu5 wrote: »
    why is everyone crying ? we have just purchased a 64 slot server we get 6 players on mapvote off 6 player start enabled and within 1 round we are nearly full. I dont give a rats **** on what anyone says it works!! we can start in the morning and stay full all day .. Stop ya whining man up fill ya server and enjoy!

under the old system we never filled our server. but on a positive this now works

Running an official public server (domination) is almost no problem. But setting the server to 6 player start no shotguns, no Sentry kit freezes the two servers we have rented. Any changes in the setting as long 6 player start is activ dont take affect . Removing the 6 player start, the server starts working again as it shud.

But the big issue for our clan is the Admin/Moderator thing. We need the possibility for moderators to change maps. And to restart the server would be nice.
  • Jaskaman
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah,but they have to add different levels to moderators/admins. We just cant let everyone who is moderator to change server settings. Otherwise I understand this problem, we need different admin levels to get Access to certain places.
  • Jaskaman
    edited May 2017

Yeah, they changed default for server browser to show custom servers. And it's working nicely to us too, better than ever before. . But if you set mapvote on, server disappears. If server browser is showing customs first, I do not see the problem with 6p start. But then again, we should be able to set mapvote on etc.
    Only problem is if you reset filters to default, it only shows official servers.
  • Darknae
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »

Yeah, they changed default for server browser to show custom servers. And it's working nicely to us too, better than ever before. . But if you set mapvote on, server disappears. If server browser is showing customs first, I do not see the problem with 6p start. But then again, we should be able to set mapvote on etc.
    Only problem is if you reset filters to default, it only shows official servers.

that's the thing. the only filter that should exist should be map, mode, free slots, region. that is all you need. quick match should be removed, stupid feature. this is a PC version force ppl to actually make some choices where to play instead of mindless one click moronism
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Oh boy..they created the game...we(clans)...made the experience.

Our server is full everyday...not because of them...but because of us.

Come and join us for fun. We run a good server. Search for TAG...we moderate our servers and high pingers

• Bl4ckan
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    - Issues and tweaks which are currently being looked at.
    - Some additional information.

• RaGe0uS
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    iano1978 wrote: »
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    By the time dice did RSP it will be to late.

It is already too late for BF1.
    However, DICE will use the new RSP/Platoons/Companion for all future titles for sure.
    I'm sure they've thrown in the towel for this game at this stage.
    I think next game is 2018 so I would imagine everything will be working and running smoothly by then.

Which is sad, because at its core, it's a solid game. But I agree that it will not have staying power at this point. Clans are what are keeping BF4 alive right now. They are the ones who stick around and form the core community.
  • spateri1
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iano1978 wrote: »
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    By the time dice did RSP it will be to late.

It is already too late for BF1.
    However, DICE will use the new RSP/Platoons/Companion for all future titles for sure.
    I'm sure they've thrown in the towel for this game at this stage.
    I think next game is 2018 so I would imagine everything will be working and running smoothly by then.

Everything was running smoothly from BF4...they just massacred the community by trying to please casual gamers...and get the cod crowd in. I think they are trying to edge towards matchmaking tbh. It must save them alot of money after they take yours. Anyone know the logistics of this? I can't think of any other reasons for what they have done to battlefield.

Why have the servers so hard to find? Why cant they just put; normal, hardcore, custom, air superiority, tank battle as the options? The last 2 i dont play but air superiority was poplular on bf4. The server populations for hc compared with bf4 are a joke. As are the player counts after the same amount of time. Renting a server equates to you paying for a dice official server as it is almost impossible to find and populate outside of friends invites. Also where is cq small? Why get rid of it? No one plays the new modes you have forced on us and when we have clearly stated what we want you give your franchise fans snippets of what we have pretty clearly wanted from the get go.

2018...you won't get my money again. Will see what the return of WW2 on COD will be like but edging back to a pc when i can afford it.
  • spateri1
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game would be so much better if they kept BF4 admin tools...
    I cant help it but compare DICE to Infinity Ward with COD.

Pretty sure EA with all their great customer satisfaction ratings are the ones to blame.
  • spateri1
    S1n31ra wrote: »
    doctor3d wrote: »
    It's to prevent\minimize stat padding\boosters if I had to guess their reasoning for it.

So then you have to weigh the importance of stats (zero %) against the importance of your customers (100%).

Yeh who really cares about stats...they mean little gor the most part. High stats tend to favour those that squad up and just play conquest. Some of the stats of the guys I play against are crazy considering how they actually play.
  • CrashCA
    1056 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @spateri1, switch to PC, more choices