Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Is BF4 Still Active?

Xeneology
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Is the game still active despite BF1 coming out? I wanted to go back and play some Rush or CQ but didn't know if it's worth my time. What days and hours are most active for EST in NA? And does anyone know any good servers?

Comments

• Loqtrall
    7155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 21
    Yes, there's currently a peak (24h) playerbase of almost 60,000 players, and just a day or two ago it got as high as almost 80,000 players.

Which is pretty amazing considering the game only had around 120,000~ consistent players per day right before BF1 was revealed.

Here are the numbers for player counts per platform: https://www.bf4stats.com
  • Xeneology
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Yes, there's currently a peak (24h) playerbase of almost 60,000 players, and just a day or two ago it got as high as almost 80,000 players.

Which is pretty amazing considering the game only had around 120,000~ consistent players per day right before BF1 was revealed.

Here are the numbers for player counts per platform: https://www.bf4stats.com

Thanks! I'm glad to see it's doing so well.
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    759 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 seems to be losing players and a lot of them are going back to BF4.
  • MrUpvote
    3210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lies :p
  • Loqtrall
    7155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah that's just not true, BF1 has maintained around 250,000~ daily peak players, give or take, since like the middle of January. It's actually gained players since the DLC dropped.
  • TurntReynolds033
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I totally agree. They drew in that COD crowd who neglect to play as a team and even if you are rocking a full squad with legit dudes the ability to successfully flank and maintain is limited.
  • fbodynut
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bf4 is ju
    Yeah that's just not true, BF1 has maintained around 250,000~ daily peak players, give or take, since like the middle of January. It's actually gained players since the DLC dropped.

250,000 snipers, no thx
  • Loqtrall
    fbodynut wrote: »
    bf4 is ju

250,000 snipers, no thx

lol gtfo
  • fbodynut
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 27
    ok, 150,000 snipers, 99,800 selfish teammates and 200 players trying to carry them all
  • wethepeople403
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    :D bf4 still has a good dedicated player base. Yes lots have dropped out to jump ship to the next thing but those are also the same people who get excited about the new iPhone but can't tell the difference from the old one or think Coke and Pepsi are the same thing.
  • BLOCKSPACEPUNISH
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Xeneology wrote: »
    Is the game still active despite BF1 coming out? I wanted to go back and play some Rush or CQ but didn't know if it's worth my time. What days and hours are most active for EST in NA? And does anyone know any good servers?

Still very active. Especially on Metro and Locker. Tons of fun.
  • BLOCKSPACEPUNISH
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol thats impossible. BF 1 is awesome. You seriously must be jesting.
  • fbodynut
    bf1 is a trash can
  • wethepeople403
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Haha no its a trash can that was crushed in the back of a garbage truck then fell out and someone picked up and started using it even though it was all mangled and ****. But hey it's still Shiney so like a baby having keys dangled in front of its face, people are still in love with the Shiney thing
  • Britcoins
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    still playing
  • wethepeople403
    Haha well i never said you had, it was just my opinion :D
    It's the joy between our age difference, i enjoy games differently then you.
  • KeithxSavage
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    After playing BF1 for a few months & realizing I was only playing towards random skins & a rank number next to my name. It got stale fast.
    So I've been playing BF4 more lately & its awesome, I wish I played it sooner. Its funner than BF1 & has Way more content & makes it more fun to unlock all of the weapons & attachments & camos.
    I noticed the lobbies are mostly full on Conquest-Large more than the other game modes.
  • wethepeople403
    Oh yes i have been addicted to conquest forever. I prefer an ordered unlock process as to winning money or points to buy what i want next. Wheres the point in playing with a gun past getting the 2 best things the first time it upgrades. I prefer to get a lame add-on first just to keep me trying with the gun to get better with it and learn to appreciate it, too make me a better more well rounded player with any and every weapon i have in my load out and not just 1 weapon I'm really good with and that's it.
    That being said the other night i had my first lobby shutdown that i know was cause of me destroying everyone and every thing while getting every objective in my own. Taking out rooms with 4 plus guys running out of ammo and taking there's and doing it all over again. It's cause if the challenge they man me have that made me a better player. A game like bf1 just makes you lazy and not care to do better cause the assist is way to high and the upgrading is out of control with yo many dumb things like finding puzzle pieces. It's a dumb idea and why does a fps need something so ridiculous, is this COD or HALO? Nope the AI is higher then those and the game is longer but in a good way.
    That's why i stopped playing
  • Archon43_Thorn
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BATTLEFIELD 4

2017-04-03_21_45_16-_Battlefield_4_Population_His.png
  • Archon43_Thorn
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member