Factions in Battlefield 1

124»

Comments

266 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Asking all the factions participated on World War I is bit too much.
  • sobRo-M9
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    On my 'Opinion' being a Military History person the factions that "will" come out for BF1 will be:

GERMANY
    RUSSIA
    BRITAIN
    FRANCE
    USA
    AUSTRO-HUNGARIA EMPIRE
    OTTOMAN EMPIRE
    THE ARABS
    ITALY

Along with countries from the British Commonwealth and South-Eastern Europe which will be playable in the Western & Eastern Fronts and The Middle East
    Troops from:

AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND (Mostly playable in The Middle East)
    AFRICAN TROOPS (Mostly playable on the Western Front)
    SERBIAN TROOPS (Mostly playable on the Eastern Front)
    CANADIAN TROOPS (Mostly playable on the Western Front)
    INDIAN TROOPS (Mostly playable on the Western Front)
    and possibly GREEK TROOPS (Mostly playable on the Eastern Front & The Middle East)

Also most likely DICE will put in the different Theaters of War (Western & Eastern Front) so that the specific faction that come from that Theater of War can fight in it. Too make it more historical :) This game will be the one of the many Historical War Games that DICE will make :D
  • Threedog0972
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    So many **** tools...Sorry but no..
  • Metallicat95
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    sobRo-M9 wrote: »
    On my 'Opinion' being a Military History person the factions that "will" come out for BF1 will be:

GERMANY
    RUSSIA
    BRITAIN
    FRANCE
    USA
    AUSTRO-HUNGARIA EMPIRE
    OTTOMAN EMPIRE
    THE ARABS
    ITALY

Along with countries from the British Commonwealth and South-Eastern Europe which will be playable in the Western & Eastern Fronts and The Middle East
    Troops from:

AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND (Mostly playable in The Middle East)
    AFRICAN TROOPS (Mostly playable on the Western Front)
    SERBIAN TROOPS (Mostly playable on the Eastern Front)
    CANADIAN TROOPS (Mostly playable on the Western Front)
    INDIAN TROOPS (Mostly playable on the Western Front)
    and possibly GREEK TROOPS (Mostly playable on the Eastern Front & The Middle East)

Also most likely DICE will put in the different Theaters of War (Western & Eastern Front) so that the specific faction that come from that Theater of War can fight in it. Too make it more historical :) This game will be the one of the many Historical War Games that DICE will make :D

DICE has already listed the factions which will be active (have maps to play) on release:

UK
    Italy
    America

Germany
    Austria-Hungary
    Ottoman Empire

France will be added in its own DLC. Not much more is known yet about that. My thought is that since they were the other nation to field their own tanks and also were most intensely involved in the hardest trench warfare, both elements may appear in their DLC.

Nations which fought as alliance members of the above factions may appear as part of one of the above factions. For example, Canada and ANZAC are part of the UK Commonwealth, and would largely be mixed with their coalition leader. We may of course see any of these and more in single player. Some customizations for a faction may well include elements from their minor allies and members.

Russia seems like a fair bet for a final major faction, to go along with maps on the Eastern fronts. We've had no official announcements on this, either way.

Since each faction gets its own soldiers models and vehicle skins/paints, and also gets their own voiceovers, there is a lot more to adding a faction than just putting up some new flags. BF1 already has more factions with significant unique elements than most FPS games.
  • STR0NN
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    I really hope they add at least a DLC about Balkan wars, which would include:
    Allies: Serbia and Greece
    Axis: Austrian-Hungarian Empire, Bulgaria
    (I may missed some of the nations...)
    Also, they could add Armenia in Battlefield 1 (I know it was under Ottoman Empire but they had fighters fighting for independence) (And it's not a Balkan nation)
  • alexis41096
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So many **** tools...Sorry but no..
    What are you talking about?
  • jelliedsoup
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    JuveOG1105 wrote: »
    I thought the ottomans where in the trailer. I'll be pretty disappointed if the French aren't in there.

Don't worry the US are there.
  • STR0NN
    The most important factions in WW1 are:
    Serbia and Austrian-Hungarian Emprie...
    They started the war so I think they should add them in Battlefield 1.
    I know A-H Empire is already in the game but why not Serbia?
    At least let Serbia to be in DLC...
    More than half of Serbian population died in WW1...
    The whole Serbian army crossed whole Albania and Greece!
    +They won the war against big Austrian-Hungarian empire while Bulgaria was stabbing Serbia in the back...
    Serbia suffered the most in WW1.. I really hope DICE adds Serbia at least in a DLC..
    Maps such as: Battle of Cer mountain, Battle of Kolubara and Battle for Belgrade.
  • DMckMedic
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    France is a DLC. Russia is not a faction because they left the War in 1917 and plus communism and ****. Also expansions:I would hope that DICE will follow Titanfall 2 and make all Map DLC free and focus on microtransactions. However I am not in favour of Microtransactions if they include weapons like another franchise (*cough Call of Duty cough*) that make the game virtually unplayable and Pay to Win.
  • BOOMgoesTheRick
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What's the point of having factions if the weapons aren't faction specific? lets just have blue team against red team...

just something that bothers me about Battlefield in general

• BetaFief
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    What's the point of having factions if the weapons aren't faction specific? lets just have blue team against red team...

just something that bothers me about Battlefield in general

true; I think that free2play game "battlefield heroes"(I could never get it to work on an older PC that I had at the time) had some good ideas with regard to art direction, being a sort of tf2-ish artstyle.

• STR0NN
    (THIS IS FROM MY DISCUSSION "Serbia in Battlefield 1"

I was in Battlefield community since Battlefield 1942.
    You may see me somewhere talking about Serbia or Balkan wars in WW1, it's because I am very interested in World War 1; and I really hope DICE/EA adds Serbia in Battlefield 1, at least in a DLC (Which I also talked about, the discussion is called "Serbia in Battlefield 1 or Balkan Front DLC", you should check it out also.
    Now let's talk why should DICE add Serbia in Battlefield 1 (At least in a DLC)

-Let's first talk about campaign: (ONLY A SUGGESTION AND MY OPINION AND WISH THIS IS IN A GAME)
    So you all know World War 1 started with Serbian - Austrian-Hungarian conflict.
    It would be nice if DICE changed their campaigns a little bit.
    We need historical campaigns in a Battlefield game (Don't get me wrong, I played all campaigns and honestly I loved them all. BFBC2 was my favorite campaign game ever)
    The campaign should start in annexed Bosnia, Austria-Hungary.
    You play first as Gavrilo Princip, who shot the Austrian-Hungarian emperor.
    Of course, your objective is to shoot the A-H emperor.
    Then you run away then you get caught by A-H Police/Guards.
    Then it should switch over in a cinematic (Or something else) how Austria-Hungary is declaring war and marching into Serbia then the cinematic changes to Germany then to France, UK, Russia, Ottoman Empire how they all start war and fight each other (It's a small suggestion it doesn't needs to be included that much in a game)...
    Then your character switches to Serbian infantry waiting Austrian-Hungarian Imperial soldiers to attack Cer Mountain, of course; in Cer Mountain it was first Allied victory ever in WW1.
    Then when you win, DICE can do their own story with UK or Germany or Arabia or something... (The Discussion is about Serbia in WW1 so I only will suggest everything for Serbia.)

-Now, let's talk about Multiplayer: (THIS IS WHAT I REALLY WANT IN A GAME)
    So Serbia had a HUGE HUGE HUGE role in WW1 like France and UK did and other nations also. (But again, discussion is about Serbia in BF1)

(TALKING SOME SHORT HISTORY ABOUT SERBIA HERE)
    Serbia fought on the Cer Mountain (First Allied Victory) (Also I will suggest all the maps for Serbia)
    Then after some years, Austrian-Hungarian Empire and German Empire broke through the Belgrade while Serbian army defended it, not only the army but the citizens and children also.
    Serbian army couldn't handled the pressure because Bulgaria backstabbed Serbia and killed many Serbian citizen in the South-East and Eastern Serbia.
    Serbian army had to go through whole Serbia then through whole Albania and then finally in Greece so French ships can transport their allied soldiers to the Greek island called "Krf". Many soldiers died because of starvation, diseases or sickness..
    + Some of the Albanian people helped Serbian soldiers to go through but some of them rebel and killed only the tired ones who couldn't catch up with the other Divisions/Battalions...
    After Serbian army were transported to Greek island "Krf" by French ships; many died there due to starvation, diseases or sickness.
    Serbia was under control by A-H Empire and Bulgaria when the Serbian army gone through Albania to Greek island "Krf".
    But Serbia did NOT surrender or did NOT gave up!
    When Serbia recovered, with the Allied and Greek help; they fought on Solun Front and which I talked about already; the Fight of Dobro Pole (Where France, and Serbia fought against A-H Empire and German Empire).
    While Allied Forces were fighting on South, Serbian army with some help slowly was taking back Serbian Kingdom and fought against A-H Empire, German Empire and A-H empire.

Now, let's talk about WHY should they add Serbia in BF1:
    Well I already said in my short history of Serbia that how much it suffered and played a huge role in WW1.
    The uniforms are simple... My profile shows how Serbian soldier looked like; but majority of them did not had belts or some bags.
    Now the maps names/ideas:
    -Battle on Cer Mountain (1914) (First Allied Victory was there)
    -Battle of Kolubara (1914)
    -Fall of Belgrade (1915) (Already talked about it above in short history)
    -Battle of Solun Front (1915-1918) (Had some of the vehicles because many Allies and Central Powers fought there)
    -Battle on Dobro Polje (1918) (I already talked about this map in one of my discussions)
    (These are just some of them there are more of them)
    So I consider at least 2 or at least 1 map to be added with Serbian army with A-H Empire.
    -The maps don't have vehicles, only horses and artillery cannons (Don't get me wrong I always love vehicles in Battlefield games; but this is how it was)

I wrote this about this for 1 hour+
    So I want from DICE/EA to add Serbia in Battlefield 1, AT LEAST in a DLC.
    And I'll just say my thoughts about Battlefield 1 Beta:
    The game is perfect, I loved it, I had a blast playing it.
    The only things i don't like are the HUDs, but it's not a big deal for me...
    And all I want them to add is Serbia in Battlefield 1.
  • Kay0s
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hopefully if you are playing on the British side you will be able to pick a Canadian, Australian, or New Zealand skin. Same for the other faction.
    The Canadians/ANZACS did a lot more than the Americans in WW1.
  • crabman169
    10508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kay0s wrote: »
    Hopefully if you are playing on the British side you will be able to pick a Canadian, Australian, or New Zealand skin. Same for the other faction.
    The Canadians/ANZACS did a lot more than the Americans in WW1.

• phoenixIPT
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Greeks had a pretty good roll in WWI. Its territory increased by 70 percent in size and its population swelled from 2,700,000 to 4,800,000. They fought from the Balkans to Asia Minor.

encyclopedia.1914-1918-online.net/article/greece

firstworldwar.com/features/minorpowers_greece.htm

histclo.com/essay/war/ww1/cou/w1c-gre.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greece_during_World_War_I

mentalfloss.com/article/13044/world-war-i-centennial-greeks-capture-salonika

https://behance.net/gallery/8676635/HELLENIC-(GREEK)-ARMY-UNIFORMS-1915-1924

They had really great strategic and diplomatic victories until their bitter great defeat near Ankara by the Neo Turks. They went from "being just a people subjected of the Ottoman Empire" to pretty much "denying Turks of having their own state". There where sea battles, mountain battles, city battles, desert battles. They also fought with the bulgarians over who would control the South Balkans' access to the Mediteranean Sea and they also were close to capturing Istanbul itself. I am a greek, I might be prejudiced, but I think that a greek faction should be playable.
  • MorhenB101
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Guys, you forgot totally about Poles, they were fighting on each front of WWI on each side UK, French, German, Austrian, Russian and they have their own unit. BTW i hope we will get DLC pack with Polish - Bolshevik War where were fighting almost all nations.
  • ChivasUK
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Any chance for see french?
  • ChineseToTheBone
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ChivasUK wrote: »
    Any chance for see french?
    Yes. Next March.