Solving the camper problem

Comments

• ILoveBF2Fin
    486 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Or you could just quit and find another server. Or better yet, rent one and impose your own rules there.

People usually don't respond well to a game telling them exactly how to play it. Besides, this sounds like an optimal way to make farming kills easier for a far superior defending team because it's either "rush blindly and get shot immediately" or "take your time and get killed by being out of bounds."

The problem still lies in the matchmaking system being ****. If it worked, campers wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue as they are now. Coming up with overly complex methods of punishment for quitters/campers/team switchers/people using a gun or a gadget not approved by Cpt. Neckbeard on the internet or whatever is just treating the symptoms of an issue within one of the game's core mechanics.

In BF1 server : no snipers limit.... I not understant why DICE ruin conquest mode in bf1

Have you ever posted a message that doesn't boil down to "scouts are ruining my life pls nerf and ban"?

Go rent a server and limit the scout class. Problem solved.

With settings server bf1 we can not limit scout!!!! In bf4 yes with plugin Procon, you understand now? No Procon with plugins in bf1

mistaviks2 wrote: »
    You can't expect a sniper to rush in and assault, it's not what snipers are for. This has always been a ridiculous and unfair argument. Their job is to provide long range support and pick of enemies trying to take the objectives. Maybe you should spend more time focusing on what you do rather than what they are doing.

When in your team the guys prefer camp in sniper, they play not flags : game ruined. Battlefield is teamplay but if the guys play only deadmatch....
    Sometimes the teams are full snipers (exemple FAO) lol seriously the guys prefer to ruin conquest mode for....K/D, teamplay dead.
    Maybe if you play conquest you understand you'll understand.

At the beginning, the kills during capture flag not counted but DICE backed up

No, I don't understand because I'm too tired and drunk to try and decipher FUBAR English. Just kick the scouts and add something like a "no snipers" rule to the server description. Or play something else. Or at least come up with a new shtick that doesn't involve you ranting about how the scouts are ruining your life just because they don't play the way you see fit.

The original Red Orchestra has a sniper limit and it was pretty affordable on Steam the last time I checked.

When going from BF4 to BF1, they removed third party support for server renting. This basically lead to servers being more expensive, available in only one location per region (instead of for example, Norway, Sweden, Germany, France, Finland, Poland etc., it would just be "Europe") and your options being very barebones compared to what we had in BC2, BF3 and BF4. One of the features that came with those third party servers were Procon plugins, which is what he is referring to. It had tons and tons of plugins you could use to make your server better.
    Consoles didn't have third party nor Procon support for their servers, they were always just as barebones as in BF1 right now, so that might explain why you wouldn't be familiar with what he is talking about.
    Anyway, one of those Procon features was a sniper limit plugin.
    Essentially how it worked: you could set up a limit of how many snipers. Let's say you put the value at 4. After the 4 sniper slots had been taken, anyone trying to use a sniper rifle got an automatic death by the server every time they got a sniper rifle kill.

It was a very popular and well received feature and many have wanted it to come back in BF1. I personally want it too.

Or here is a video about it, probably a much better explanation than mine
  • scorpionshahan
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sounds like interesting idea I'm with you
  • Blackduck005
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    One of the secrets to a victory is having someone garde the backs of the advancing front and its a dangerous place to be. snipers help but there vulnerable too. a small group of attackers can wipe out the attackers from behind with ease. cant count the number of times I've died when my gut said watch your teems **** and not listened or not watched long enough only to see the whole advance wiped out. A change I'd like to see is everyone in the range of the mini map here what you say and a speaker sign coming from the person saying it, plus other variations to what you can say. for example a scout looks at you and asks that you watch his back and you do for a time. After which you get rewarded.
    People getting behind you is a major part of the game and defence of that is important. Your idea wont work
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Another one of these? Lol.

#SameCryThreadDifferentDay
  • Thunderbolt19996
    603 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    "People are not playng like I want,so they suck".Again those threads?You are not the admin of the server in a public conquest.here you have to respect every player,from the assault running on the flag to the scout at 500 m from the objective.If you want to make your rules,rent a server and disable bolt action rifles since you like so much to avoid skill based fights.But in a public server,I'm my own commander,and no one can dictate how I have to play the game.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    "People are not playng like I want,so they suck".Again those threads?You are not the admin of the server in a public conquest.here you have to respect every player,from the assault running on the flag to the scout at 500 m from the objective.If you want to make your rules,rent a server and disable bolt action rifles since you like so much to avoid skill based fights.But in a public server,I'm my own commander,and no one can dictate how I have to play the game.

The servers with Procon and plugins were publics lol. On bf4 : servers with snipers limit or other limit weapons, or without limit but servers for all the players and no problem and the servers were publics...omg.
    When we read your anwsers we understand why the conquest mode is ruined in bf1, yea of course.....
  • Thunderbolt19996

The servers with Procon and plugins were publics lol. On bf4 : servers with snipers limit or other limit weapons, or without limit but servers for all the players and no problem and the servers were publics...omg.
    When we read your anwsers we understand why the conquest mode is ruined in bf1, yea of course.....

Procon was a PC only feature.Console servers were exactly as the bf1 servers now.And guess what,the majority of the playerbase is on console,and no one cryes(or very few do) against snipers.Why?Because the majority focuses on what really matter:have fun playng the game,rather than tryharding in battlefield.Go dictate rules in your "PC hacker race",surely playng for the team is better than playng for yourself,after all they bought you the game right?Oh,wait...
  • MRSisel
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree 100%, thats actually a good idea! I myself hate campers (scout players) they are the most useless class/players in the whole game. I would limit the number of snipers to 5 so that we would get enough people to PTFO.
  • Thunderbolt19996
    MRSisel wrote: »
    I agree 100%, thats actually a good idea! I myself hate campers (scout players) they are the most useless class/players in the whole game. I would limit the number of snipers to 5 so that we would get enough people to PTFO.

And what about the aggressive scouts?Someone wants to actually aim to get kills,rather than hip fire people to death.Not to mention that some people may like to camp,why should you kill a playstile because it is the least effective?
  • Removed11322
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Set a minimum flag cap points for you to be allowed to play flag capping objective modes. Lock them out if the player doesn't qualify.

Don't cap flags? Fine, go play tdm or war pigeons, plenty of like minded souls on there, but expect to get your ar5e handed to you because you are no longer spoon fed targets on capping zones.
  • Thunderbolt19996
    NUT5ACK wrote: »
    Set a minimum flag cap points for you to be allowed to play flag capping objective modes. Lock them out if the player doesn't qualify.

Don't cap flags? Fine, go play tdm or war pigeons, plenty of like minded souls on there, but expect to get your ar5e handed to you because you are no longer spoon fed targets on capping zones.

If it's cap and defend flags that's a good idea.
  • MurfCr
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Elitso wrote: »
    "Play the game my way or you suck." Does that pretty much sum up this and every other cry baby topic like it? Welcome to online FPS. literally every one has the same complaints over and over.

Get your own server or a bunch of friends together to play your way or make your own game. Either way you have zero say in how others play their game.
    Had a crybaby message my friend to complain and try to insult him about how he was using a PT boat to help protect the battleship. All he could do was try and tout his 1.9 k/d. It lead to a great bit of PSN trolling. Best part was when he started dropping big Youtuber names as being friends with him.
  • eSyn-Crispy
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To be fair there are a lot of medics that don't revive/put a health pack down when people are clearly getting shot. There are also assault classes that don't put ammo down/try to limpet charge tanks when they're the only ones that can do something about tanks. Most are just idiots running OP Mondragon or OP Bar. There are a lot of players that don't know how to play the game perfectly, it's not limited to the scout class.
  • Sentinelxm1994
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the difference is though at least the sh** medics and the sh** supports actually move up and try to take the objective though. snipers don't effectively do squat when it comes to being attackers. snipers are a purely defensive instrument unless it's an actually good scout who knows how to move up with the squad so that if the squad gets pinned down by, say, another sniper or a gunner, and it's out of range of the rifles or gunners in the squad, the sniper can take them out.

as to the douchecanoes who said "wah it's the only way I know how to play, so stop being a crybaby about how much I suck and can't PTFO", yeah you really should be banned from any game mode that requires you to get up off your manginas to go attack the objective. you wanna get kills? go play TDM. go play something that isn't operations. it clearly is not a good fit for you. I think you should be forced to play operations on an operations map, there's nothing radical or crazy about that expectation. it's operations. not TDM. play the game, or go play a different one. but you don't get to waste a space on our team that is essentially just an AFK position while you sit back and snipe.

"aggressive snipers to defend" defend what? why are you defending anything at all? the game clearly told you to ATTACK THE OBJECTIVE. so why are you disobeying orders? Again, another offense in WWI that would carry the penalty of death by firing squad. If your body and your weapon don't move up, then the amount of pressure applied to the defending team at the objective is effectively zero. and furthermore the "aggressive snipers" are A) *barely* within the borders of the entire sector you're attacking at the VERY back end in which they aren't hitting anything or B) actually back in the previous sector you already have taken. they aren't even in the same place as the battle, as it has since moved on and the sniper won't move up.

if I can get kicked from the game for inactivity in the amount of time that I take a dump, but still have contributed more to the game than any of those "snipers" then they should be getting kicked without mercy from official operations servers.

furthermore i agree that if you don't *ever* attack the objective in operations that if your flag cap count is too low you should be locked out of operations on a temporary basis like for a week, but still letting you play other modes. And players who become repeat offenders should have a special Punitive Battalion marking on their soldier so the rest of us know that they are a **** who doesn't really need to be revived or given ammo. They have proven they do not have an interest in playing as a team, so then we should respect that wish by not helping them when they ask for it.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
  • Thunderbolt19996
    I wonder when people will learn that not anybody follow orders lol.Everyone has a right to play like he likes.Watch yourself and what you do,rather than cry over what people do.Same BS on Overwatch,people cannot understand that the individual is the focus for himself,not the others.At least,not when the others want to change his playstile.
  • Sentinelxm1994
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    nobody is good enough to win the game all on their own. hence the term "teamwork". there is no acceptable play style that includes camping for the mode of operations. it is a team based mode. don't wanna play on a team? go away. it's that or nothing.
  • PremiumBundle
    483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hey, the dirtbags deserve it. I'm tired of losing all the time because of a squad of sissies holding rifles they don't even know how to use all because "they're too scared to attack". it's a war game. if you don't die at least once, you aren't playing it right. or maybe we could just ban them from operations after enough times of doing this so they have to go play team deathmatch and stop mucking up the game for the rest of us actually playing the objective.

Good, well spoken too, summarizes a lot of players,
    they either sit in the tank and not move,
    or sit back and let others go in first.

Guns need to be fired at least once.
    and did I mention how the points system works?

drop ammo someone gets it, points are earned.

heal someone points are earned.
    If enough signatures on the petition well
    then everyone is on the same page.

• jjsf24
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Everybody knows the number one reason for losing as attackers on operations or on rush is 100% due to teammates of yours who decide they just want to camp and get kills on a game mode in which kills are irrelevant towards the objective since there are an infinite number of defenders.

being that battlefield 1 is a WWI game I have a very obvious solution to solving this problem. see, I tried throwing smoke grenades as support in front of snipers on my team (particularly on oil of empires, they are the worst offenders on that map) but that's not effective enough to make them move up even if I'm shouting "LETS GO" over and over through the in game chat wheel.

so we are left with no other choice but to consider adding in a feature in which brings about some realism to this game.

In WWI when you were ordered over the top or to attack, you attacked without question. and if anyone were to, say, linger in your trench soaked in his own urine and jerking off instead of attacking, he was shot on the spot for cowardice by an officer.

That should be something we enable. There should be a creeping out of bounds area that moves up closer and closer to the objective as well as the spawn getting closer and closer to the objective so that any sniping campers are shot for cowardice, and it should count as five deaths to soil their precious kill death ratio. But we should not have a countdown like when you go out of bounds. we should instead have an officers voice shouting "cowards will be shot" and that's their only warning to see if they can catch on.

if you have a shrinking spawn it gives more incentive to attack while the objectives are still fresh and potentially able to be captured while punishing those who make your team lose every time.

Uhm no, by doing that you guve your team a messive disadvantage by funnelling them into a certain area, id pick support with my 4 squadmates and mortar the edges all day, scouts play a huge role in keeping things like that from happening.

I do agree it is irritating wen u get too many campers, but this would be a farm to everyone on defense.

I think the best way is to just make winning worth more xp, and perhaps DICE could figure a better way to matchmake by KD for examle on a team of 40 youll have 20 with a KD under 1.5(all the run mindlessly like you want them to into an objective and die) 10- 1.5-3.0 which tend to be decent at killing people but will probably camp or play more defensively (me) and 10 3.0+ that probably only use recon, vehicles, and camp.

^not saying thats perfect but matchmaking would be a start, KD usually indicates the type of player someone is.
  • Thunderbolt19996
    nobody is good enough to win the game all on their own. hence the term "teamwork". there is no acceptable play style that includes camping for the mode of operations. it is a team based mode. don't wanna play on a team? go away. it's that or nothing.

You say that camping isn't acceptable as plastyle,because you aim to win the game.While I share and respect this mentality,no one can force it.Because while someone is on the frontline pushing,others are in the back just getting kills,since it can be done in ops way better than TDM due to lager maps and objectives.There will always be campers,doesn't matter the mode or how much dead weight they are,forcing people to do things is always wrong.Someone may have bought the game to enjoy a good sniping session on big ops,why should we punish him for this choice?Play and go on next game if the team just tilts you.