It's time to NERF Planes!!!

bendermac
132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited April 2017
ask any infantry player and aprox. 99% will say planes are op, especially the trench fighter. pilots brag all the time of 70+:0 streaks. i don't enjoy games anymore, due to those damn planes. since i also fly from time to time, i know how cheap planes are. the trench fighter is the cheapest of all vehicles. so it's time to bring out the nerf bat for the planes. the skill level and risk/reward level must be increased, if a pilots wants to continue too rule. currently it's very low risk, but extrem high reward.
  • reduce splash damage and impact radius from trench fighter darts by at least 50%
  • increase damage of standard weapons against planes by 25%, especially a lmg should do a hell lot more damage against planes
  • all planes do at least 50% less damage against the aa gun itself. a single flyby can no longer destroy it, except a big bomb from the bomber directly hits it
  • make aa guns repairable with repair tool
  • if aa gun was destroyed, respawn any time between 1:30 and 3:00 minutes. If you re-spawn it on a static timer it is too easy to just come back every 2:00 minutes and destroy it again. in all game modes that has planes in it - improved suggestion by doctor3d
  • trench fighter darts and normal bombs can no longer deal full damage inside a house
  • trench fighter darts: if behind indestructible cover, splash damage will no longer kill, due damage reduction of splash damage
  • increase bomb/darts reload time by 100%
  • increase volume from incoming planes. ninja planes are bs
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• RevvinUK
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree pretty much, I'd say make the AA re-spawn a little longer, if the planes take the time to take out the AA then they should reap the reward a little longer. The biggest issue I have with aircraft are the fighters, particularly the DR.1 which turns like a Tie Fighter and absorbs damage like the heavy tank.
  • oOAxuritOo
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If they add base camps with runways, and a limit of ammunition as on BF42 it will be a sufficient nerf
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've destroyed a dozen planes today alone. Only thing dice should do is make SAA indestructible.

Maybe lower the splash damage for modes that pack players too tight like ops and frontline.
  • 0-SMINKY-0
    59 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Are you playing on Console or PC? As on PC they're not a huge issue unless the pilot is increadible good.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2017
    0-SMINKY-0 wrote: »
    Are you playing on Console or PC? As on PC they're not a huge issue unless the pilot is increadible good.

That's far from true. We have more resources and keybindings to make mediocre pilots like me go on ridiculous killstreaks.
  • Yesman1035ktu
    532 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would also wan't the damage of plane to plane increased the fighter's machine guns are a little weak I can put quite a few rounds (2/3 sec of fire) into a bomber and it won't die it won't even take around 50 damage.
  • 0-SMINKY-0
    59 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

That's far from true. We have more resources and keybindings to make mediocre pilots like me go on ridiculous killstreaks.

Keybindings are are more or less the same as what a controller can provide as to whats at hand, but on PC everyone can be much more acurate with their AA, and ground fire weapons.
  • JadedJunglist
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    BTW im sick and tired of the nerf brigade. So we had MH, hellriegel, AA, tanks and next up = planes? Wonder what they gonna cry about next, it's getting old

after planes will naturally be AA again to balance them against this proposed nerf
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    BTW im sick and tired of the nerf brigade. So we had MH, hellriegel, AA, tanks and next up = planes? Wonder what they gonna cry about next, it's getting old
    Umm. Most of the people agreeing with nerfing planes are the ones that moan about people creating nerf threads then derailing them into discussions about whether or not cats like peanut butter.

Keybindings are are more or less the same as what a controller can provide as to whats at hand, but on PC everyone can be much more acurate with their AA, and ground fire weapons.

And players on PC can be much more accurate at aiming the darts at extreme ranges to where you can't hit them with AA or bullets easily.
    I do this with ease and I crash into mountains.
  • thenotgeekygeek
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    AA guns are already repairable if you exit, switch to the tool, then use the attack button
  • Cart3r27
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Yeah that's why I play frontlines now

The new operation maps I am killed by planes all day and see them go 50+ / 0 deaths. I try spawn in an attack plane but someone else is clowning around. Sucks cuz I like operations.