It's time to NERF Planes!!!

Comments

• Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Planes are just too easy in BF1 fly up and down drop 5 grenades, get triple kill, repeat..
  • InsecureRat227
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People will complain about what kills them. I personally just shoot them down, lot's of different ways available. I dont fly but will run tail gunner, use AA, AA tank, Tank Hunter kit, hell I have even shot down planes with my MG 15 often, 2 points a bullet and a hundred round drum
    . Patience if you can't get teamwork is all you need. People do pretty much the same thing with weapons. Just my two cents.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People will complain about what kills them.
    Well, yeah. Why would we complain about something that never kills us? If I get killed by something I think is reasonable I don't complain. If I get killed by something like the tank hunter attack plane I complain. Because I don't think it's reasonable. I think it's overpowered.

• Slapdbuuty
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well, yeah. Why would we complain about something that never kills us? If I get killed by something I think is reasonable I don't complain. If I get killed by something like the tank hunter attack plane I complain. Because I don't think it's reasonable. I think it's overpowered.

How the hell is the tank hunter attack plane overpowerd?The tank hunter is a fun skill based aircraft.
    Unless your in a tank it takes roughtly 2 shots to down an infantry?
    man can someone give me to details on the next thing thats gona be a scape goat.
  • x187Methodz-
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is abusing the trench fighter still frowned upon?
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Slapdbuuty wrote: »

How the hell is the tank hunter attack plane overpowerd?The tank hunter is a fun skill based aircraft.
    Unless your in a tank it takes roughtly 2 shots to down an infantry?
    man can someone give me to details on the next thing thats gona be a scape goat.
    It requires no skill to use effectively and the tank can't counter it at all.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    No ,the frowning moved to the Attack Plane.

DICE does not understand basic balance it seems.
  • Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No ,the frowning moved to the Attack Plane.

DICE does not understand basic balance it seems.

People can frown all they want, Until bomber gets fixed ATAP all the way.
  • DingoKillr
    4298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    trip1ex wrote: »
    yeah repairable turned out to be a nerf in my experience on pubs on pc. They usually sit unrepaired.

Even if you equip a wrench, you quickly find that the AA repair process is 3/4 broke. You can't tell you are repairing the thing most of the time. It's poorly done.

I don't get why a feature in such a poor state is let into the game!??!?! What was the hurry? No one was clamoring for half-baked features.

As a pilot though I like it. AA is quite powerful so nice to have them down for extended periods of time.

I 100% balme the cte for all the problems in bf1 atm...

What has the CTE got to do with this?Bloody whinges whine about the things needing nerfs/buffs before launch, if those changes did not happen half the problem would not exist.
  • Slapdbuuty
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    yeah repairable turned out to be a nerf in my experience on pubs on pc. They usually sit unrepaired.

Even if you equip a wrench, you quickly find that the AA repair process is 3/4 broke. You can't tell you are repairing the thing most of the time. It's poorly done.

I don't get why a feature in such a poor state is let into the game!??!?! What was the hurry? No one was clamoring for half-baked features.

As a pilot though I like it. AA is quite powerful so nice to have them down for extended periods of time.

What has the CTE got to do with this?

The cte is in place to test for bugs and exploits.
    but then theres bugs like the repair bug that somehow no one in the cte notice?

I feel that dice needs more play testing of bugs and then use the cte to touch up the bugs and gliches. theres been very obvious bugs that get thru that you go how did no one see it.ones to come to mind are
    the operations start button bug
    repair tool bug
    and many more
  • Diabolus_Musica

I feel that dice needs more play testing of bugs and then use the cte to touch up the bugs and gliches. theres been very obvious bugs that get thru that you go how did no one see it.ones to come to mind are
    repair tool bug
    and many more

Nobody notices the bugs or Dice just hasn't fixed them yet? I find it hard to believe that thousands of people on the CTE failed to notice the repair tool bug.
  • Slapdbuuty

repair tool bug
    and many more

Nobody notices the bugs or Dice just hasn't fixed them yet? I find it hard to believe that thousands of people on the CTE failed to notice the repair tool bug.

Its that or dice are trying to pump out content to fast and say fk it lets do it l8ter like
  • Captain_DarIing

repair tool bug
    and many more
    CTE with conquest vehicle maps (with airplanes!) was only open for one day on a few servers. It was a joke. The update had to be rushed/pushed for some reason.
  • DingoKillr
    4298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

repair tool bug
    and many more

What other have said, and the fact that the window to test occurred in the freeze period for console, so any bugs would need to be fixed in later patches.

Note: I and a few others reported the problem with the repair tool and I reported the problem with the flying AA on G on Sinai.

CTE most only get conquest maps. Only recently did we get some different modes. If you have a bug with something log here
    https://www.bftracker.com/

or at least here https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/new/

Otherwise DICE and others don't know. I don't play operation so I have no idea what bug with the start button.
  • Slapdbuuty

repair tool bug
    and many more

What other have said, and the fact that the window to test occurred in the freeze period for console, so any bugs would need to be fixed in later patches.

Note: I and a few others reported the problem with the repair tool and I reported the problem with the flying AA on G on Sinai.

CTE most only get conquest maps. Only recently did we get some different modes. If you have a bug with something log here

Otherwise DICE and others don't know. I don't play operation so I have no idea what bug with the start button.

repair tool bug
    and many more

The bug with ops start button is fixed its just one that came to mind i feel dice are just rushing out updates to fast without proper testing.
    and yeh i find it funny that stuff float i gess dice might have to remove that aa gun and the feild gun on fao
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    slu1ce wrote: »
    I only play frontline now. You know why? No planes. Everytime I jump back into conquest, there is 1-2 guys destroying everyone with the bomber. Usually finishing with ridiculous KD match after match.

Seriously? I take bombers out within 15 seconds of spawning in. If you can't then you're in need of practice sessions! Every time I see an attack plane or a bomber spawn in I chuckle. Whenever I see a fighter spawn in I get excited. Whenever that virtual pilot proves to be better than me I send him a thumbs up message.
  • Captain_DarIing
    thamac15 wrote: »
    slu1ce wrote: »
    I only play frontline now. You know why? No planes. Everytime I jump back into conquest, there is 1-2 guys destroying everyone with the bomber. Usually finishing with ridiculous KD match after match.

Seriously? I take bombers out within 15 seconds of spawning in. If you can't then you're in need of practice sessions! Every time I see an attack plane or a bomber spawn in I chuckle. Whenever I see a fighter spawn in I get excited. Whenever that virtual pilot proves to be better than me I send him a thumbs up message.

2/10 for troll-attempt.

I also take out bombers within 15 seconds when I enter the server. I take the available plane (if there is one) and take bomber killer.

Cant really do that with attentive attack plane farmcrew however, since DICE made that godmode.
  • SirBobdk
    5293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Captain_DarIing
    Cant really do that with attentive attack plane farmcrew however, since DICE made that godmode.
    Agree, really no point in using the fighter when the AP can do the same in dogfight + have a rear gunner.
    The have to change the AP so it can't turn as fast as a fighter.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Actually dog fighter is able to shoot down any attack plane due to that it does quite a lot of damage at distance and the inci-bullets really do take out a wing in one shot which makes the AP fairly easy prey, gunner or not, as long as they cannot hide behind a wall of AA fire. The problem with the dog fighter is that unless the enemy spawns more planes, you will not get many more points or be especially useful for your team. Shooting infantry is doable but quite risky and far from as easy as it is with an AP (but great fun due to the challenge).
  • Fhursten
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello, Pilot rank 2 here (just ranked up). Finished a Conquest map with 30-0 in the ground support attack plane :).

It was quite fun, tankfully the other teams pilot had absolutely no interest in me and neither did any of the Infantry :D.

I think some Medic shot a few rounds at me at some point.

Ground vehicles was to busy farming infantry too so they never fired at me either!..

Dice need to make the Bomber Killer good at something other then just shooting planes because nobody spawn in them and i cant blame them, if there were more planes to shoots at to keep u busy it wouldnt have felt like a wasted spawn.