It's time to NERF Planes!!!

Comments

• thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The attack plane is far from "God mode". That thing is easy to destroy. Attack planes make me laugh. Not as much as when a bomber spawns in, but still I chuckle something good.

Seriously, there was no "troll" involved. Attack planes and bombers are so easy to take out it's beyond me why people still select them. Fighters are easy too mostly due to poor skills. However, occasionally you come across a good pilot that makes it enjoyable.
  • Skipp3rUA
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    In this moment planes is fine. Except only AT attack plane - I don't know what a "brilliant mind " decided increase damage of this plane to tanks (before this plane was normal). This is big joke from DICE team. 50 damage from 1 shot at light tanks and art trucks is madness. Arttruck if it attacked by AT attack plane - can try to retreat (high speed), but light tank - have no chance. So DICE must bring back old parameters of AT attack plane.
  • KorpusDraige
    2382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skipp3rUA wrote: »
    In this moment planes in fine. Except only AT attack plane - I don't know what a "brilliant mind " decided increase damage of this plane to tanks (before this plane was normal). This is big joke from DICE team. 50 damage from 1 shot at light tanks and art trucks is madness. Arttruck if it attacked by AT attack plane - can try to retreat (high speed), but light tank - have no chance. So DICE must bring back old parameters of AT attack plane.

Artillery Truck with Flak... lol
  • ChaiFox
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My BIGGEST problem with them is the super cheap tactics vs infantry, especially since they take tiny amounts of damage even from lmg fire and unless the pilots is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ they can out-range or kill the aa before they die. Remove the nade/flare drops from them and make the different planes effective either anti armor or anti air only, none of this 45 kill streak vs infantry bs.
    Or increase the infantry damage vs planes by a lot (wood and cloth doesnt soak bullets)
  • KorpusDraige
    2382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ChaiFox wrote: »
    Or increase the infantry damage vs planes by a lot (wood and cloth doesnt soak bullets)

Flesh and bone wouldn't handle being hit by those bullets either, so should we make that easier to kill infantry as well? Realism doesn't always work in the sense of balance. Having guns buffed against planes and having 32 players with that ability? Nah.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ChaiFox wrote: »

Flesh and bone wouldn't handle being hit by those bullets either, so should we make that easier to kill infantry as well? Realism doesn't always work in the sense of balance. Having guns buffed against planes and having 32 players with that ability? Nah.

People should realize how much damage the mg15 can do in one run.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In this moment planes is fine. Except only AT attack plane - I don't know what a "brilliant mind " decided increase damage of this plane to tanks (before this plane was normal). This is big joke from DICE team. 50 damage from 1 shot at light tanks and art trucks is madness. Arttruck if it attacked by AT attack plane - can try to retreat (high speed), but light tank - have no chance. So DICE must bring back old parameters of AT attack plane.

You are just roaming the forums to make tanks even easier then they already are..
    AP damage against tanks is fine.
    In a dogfight they should drop some manouvrabilty or damage.
  • Skipp3rUA
    In this moment planes in fine. Except only AT attack plane - I don't know what a "brilliant mind " decided increase damage of this plane to tanks (before this plane was normal). This is big joke from DICE team. 50 damage from 1 shot at light tanks and art trucks is madness. Arttruck if it attacked by AT attack plane - can try to retreat (high speed), but light tank - have no chance. So DICE must bring back old parameters of AT attack plane.

Nice. First of all – why lol? What is funny here?
    Second –You tell use AA to player, what have 150 stars at MAA. Only MAA users know, that MAA and SAA almost useless now after 100/500 nerfs. So if You tell Me play with MAA/SAA – I think You never play with them.
    Why MAA and SAA almost useless now?
    1. After "repair update" SAA one time used now. Yes, sometimes players ignore them, and don't repair. But 75% SAA is UNREPAIRABLE. This bug still 3-4 month. DICE ignore this bug.
    2. Totally destroyed MAA. Few month ago totally changed gameplay! Yes, is unique for this game. Reduced damage to planes (from 1-2 at long range to 5-8 to almost close range). Yes, 1-2 damage! Reduced range of fire (DICE team equalized MAA and SAA), now MAA and SAA have same range: 400 vertical, 300 horizontal. So We have unique situation now, when SAA is even better now, that MAA, because SAA can shoot 20 shoots before reload, MAA – only 10.
    So We have now totally useless MAA – MAA can't kill planes, MAA can't kill tanks (37mm cannon dealt 1 damage to tanks), MAA can't kill infantry (MAA dealt only 52 damage to infantry when hits directly and 1-5 damage when hits near enemy). MAA now is mortar truck number two.
    Month ago I stop play MAA, because no reason pick MAA instead of tank.
  • Skipp3rUA
    IllIllIII wrote: »

You are just roaming the forums to make tanks even easier then they already are..
    AP damage against tanks is fine.
    In a dogfight they should drop some manouvrabilty or damage.

What? You are medium?)
    I don't care about this forum, tanks, planes etc.
    To tell the truth - I don't need to be fun of tanks, lol.
    At Yours logic I must be silent if this game is broken?

I played almost all games from BF serie, so I know when game is fine, and when game is Battlefield 1.

P.S. If You think that 50 damage from 1 hit - is normal, You must be pilot of this broken plane.
  • KorpusDraige

Nice. First of all – why lol? What is funny here?
    Second –You tell use AA to player, what have 150 stars at MAA. Only MAA users know, that MAA and SAA almost useless now after 100/500 nerfs. So if You tell Me play with MAA/SAA – I think You never play with them.
    Why MAA and SAA almost useless now?
    1. After "repair update" SAA one time used now. Yes, sometimes players ignore them, and don't repair. But 75% SAA is UNREPAIRABLE. This bug still 3-4 month. DICE ignore this bug.
    2. Totally destroyed MAA. Few month ago totally changed gameplay! Yes, is unique for this game. Reduced damage to planes (from 1-2 at long range to 5-8 to almost close range). Yes, 1-2 damage! Reduced range of fire (DICE team equalized MAA and SAA), now MAA and SAA have same range: 400 vertical, 300 horizontal. So We have unique situation now, when SAA is even better now, that MAA, because SAA can shoot 20 shoots before reload, MAA – only 10.
    So We have now totally useless MAA – MAA can't kill planes, MAA can't kill tanks (37mm cannon dealt 1 damage to tanks), MAA can't kill infantry (MAA dealt only 52 damage to infantry when hits directly and 1-5 damage when hits near enemy). MAA now is mortar truck number two.

Because all I can think about is that player sitting far back behind his own base with tunnel vision.
  • Emporer2
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Not sure why you are saying you can't kill planes with the MAA. I took down about 8 the other night on Sinai Desert before several players got mad and came after me...one even chased me around the map in his armored car (it was quite funny and entertaining).

• Emporer2
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is abusing the trench fighter still frowned upon?

Probably, but I still do it anyway.
  • IllIllIII
    Emporer2 wrote: »
    Is abusing the trench fighter still frowned upon?

Probably, but I still do it anyway.

Been weeks i have been killed by the Tf
  • Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Planes don't do anything but farm kills. You can't cap an objective and no one runs the plane that can take tanks out so all they do is fly up and down getting triples on infantry. Any decent pilot will not go anywhere near the SAA.
  • SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    I've actually managed to cap objectives by flying tight circles. Obviously only works for the bigger zones.

As for nerfing planes, um...
    NO.

You want to take an already incredibly situational feature of the game and make it useless. It's hard enough to survive in a plane as it is. The people who want planes nerfed have little to no experience flying them and have never considered using them for a support role with spotting flares or the new supply drop from the heavy bomber.

Trench bombs are also one of the hardest weapons to use as a pilot and are only really good against campers. Are you a camper by any chance?

Stop crying nerf.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I respect pilots that are good. I will literally never be good with them. IDK I just cannot handle the controls. Coming from Warhawk as a flying game it's just not my kind of thing.

I think they are mostly fine. I have no idea what I am doing in any of them though. It's boring as hell when you are not a Pro.
  • Emporer2
    Gmkillers wrote: »
    Any decent pilot will not go anywhere near the SAA.

I find a certain joy in trench darting those on the SAA, for two reasons. The first being, the challenge of getting in close to use the trench darts. Flying straight in with the figher is suicide, so trying to get in when the gunner is looking the other way or flying low and using the landscape to get close enough to take them out can be a challenge, so successfully pulling that off is rewarding. The second reason I enjoy it: the fact that so many have complained about the trench darts to the point where they got nerfed, getting a kill against an AA is just sadistic fun.

SlugSniper wrote: »
    Trench bombs are also one of the hardest weapons to use as a pilot and are only really good against campers. Are you a camper by any chance?

Most of the time it is the camping snipers that I go after, when I'm not focusing on the enemy planes. The other night on Operations on Sinai, snipers were all over the place taking out my squad. It's gotten to where they rely on me to take out those campers hanging out on the fringes of the battlefield and to spot flare the objectives.

Planes, if used properly, can be an effective support tool for those on the ground.

In regards to planes NOT being able to take objectives, I put the blame solely on Dice for that. After all, there are only 2 objectives that I am aware of that a plane can capture; G on Sinai and E on Empire's Edge.

• FightinFinn187
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why hasn't this post been deemed a necro yet?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14277 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

because it has been active from the day it was created with barely any gaps between posts.

when it has 3 months or more of inactivity it is then a necro
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Winter has come.