It's time to NERF Planes!!!

Comments

• Trokey66
    8980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Flying isn't easy when you've got a better pilot on the other team.
    Bit of a pointless statement and a poor argument for saying flying isn't easy.

No matter how bad or good you are at any given activity, you will always come across some one who is better.
    The simple fact remains that at any given time, there can be up to 4 to 6 planes available out of 64 players on a server. A far fewer percentage of players are able to do very well with planes. That means that planes are harder to use than most of the things in the game, and so we should be nerfing a several other things before we nerf planes. Simple math and inequalities...but DICE (or casualfielders) doesn't do logic.
    Again, the number of planes available per player and therefore the limit on the numbers of players able to fly does not mean it is hard unless you count smashing X to spawn in a vehicle a 'skill'.

Fact is the better player in the air at a given time, no matter what his ability is, can farm infantry far to easily.

Indeed, the ability to dogfight becomes irrelevant in games where air truces, either formal or informal, are in play.

Fact is, the Trench Fighter is:

1. Easy to use.
    2. Effective in most circumstances
    3. Difficult to counter for the majority regardless of their ability..

That is almost the text book definition of OP were such a definition to exist.

Of course it's not hard to get into a plane. I said that there ARE plenty of people using planes (4 to 6 in any given game of 64), which is around 9 percent of players. I'm saying that a far lower percentage of players are very good with planes. Which means that in general, a low percentage of people trying their hand at flying are good with them. Compare this with just about any other tool in the game where people have a much higher success rate. That means that planes are harder to use than most tools in the game. Which means that it makes no sense at all to even think about nerfing them until you also nerf everything that is easier (statistically speaking, and just looking at how many people are succeeding with them compared to how many are using them) and more effective than them, which is ALMOST EVERYTHING IN THE GAME.

Good god..I really need to stop using mathematics on this forum I forget who I'm dealing with.

Not seeing any mathematics in this post that prices farming infantry is hard.

Yes there are other things in this game that are 'easy' but generally speaking, their counters are effective.

There are exceptions such as the Heavy Tank but this thread is not talking about Heavy Tanks, it is about Air but specifically, the Trench Fighter.

As it stands, the only real and effective counter to a Trench Fighter is another fighter and that should NOT be the case.

Is it right that a 'better player' in general terms, can get farmed by a statistically 'worse player' simply because of the vehicle he is in? The better player will try but invariably, the enemy team will thwart his attempts or he'll get darted trying.

And @SaintBrandon88 the fact that a 'better player' in a things only effective counter should always prevail is a very poor argument to not want changes.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single thing in this game that dies not have more than one freely available, effective counter. And by that, I mean equipment an infantry player can load out or Stationary Emplacements around the Battlefield. I have purposely not included other Fighters or the MAA because they are usually not freely available.

I am dog egg at flying but in my limited experience in a Trench Fighter, the ground is NOT a threat unless I crash into it (my second biggest killer!)

If it were so easy, you would have 5-6 people in planes every game at the top of the scoreboard getting 10-20 KDR's. Do you have that? No. You have maybe one such person in any given conquest game out of the 6 people trying to use planes (ineffectively...because they're harder than most things in the game). So if a low proportion of people trying their hand at it are succeeding, what does that tell you? How the hell can it be OP if most people can't even use it effectively? And there is a very simple counter: the AA. Sure, a TF can kill an AA user. But how often does that happen compared with an AA user killing a TF user? lol

You just said that you have limited experience in planes, and that your second biggest killer is flying into the ground. So how the hell are you going to talk about how "easy" or "hard" a plane is compared with other tools offered in the game and whether or not planes need to be nerfed? What basis do you have? Your experience as an infantry player?

#logic
    #busting your belief system, one myth at a time

I started flying the TF with the release of TSNP.

I have 1000% more kills in the TF than I achieved in BF4.

I have darted more people of AA than have shot me down.

I have achieved very healthy 5-10 KD rounds in a TF.

I have even managed to shoot numerous Aircraft down.

I am complete dog egg at flying and have limited experience, I should NOT be able to do this.

Simple fact of the matter is, TFs are far to easy and shouldn't really be in the game.

Next feeble excuse from you?
  • Vic_R0cks
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Attack plane users: how do you not run into fighter planes all the times? Fighters need a nerf against infantry, it's purpose should be fighting other planes. Then maybe it gets less attractive when it's not the jack of all trades anymore.
  • KorpusDraige
    2382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vic_R0cks wrote: »
    Attack plane users: how do you not run into fighter planes all the times? Fighters need a nerf against infantry, it's purpose should be fighting other planes. Then maybe it gets less attractive when it's not the jack of all trades anymore.

I do,, but the Fighters die ;)
  • PrecisionWing
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Comment hidden.

Post edited by Cryphisss on
  • rommelafric1
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Way to go you f***ing b***hes complained about omg the AA is to strong boo who aww can't fly aww, now look what happened...
  • SirBobdk
    5223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Could therer be a difference whether you play on console or PC, or not CQ
    I play on PC and CQ and have played a lot of infantry lately. Overall i spend 40% of time as infantry.
    I don't see any pilots getting high killstreak, most of them do less than 0,4 KPM and die a lot.
    Frankly, I die more from snipers and tanks than from planes.
    I agree on the issue with the trench fighter and it should be changed
    The good pilots can easily go 40-1, but i don't see it happen so often.
    After 1700 maps i have seen 5-10 other pilots doing 40-1.
    I realy don't see the problem on PC and CQ. Just me???
  • gtac10
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pc pilots seem to be better than console pilots, even though the plane stats are the same, just look at Niccaman
  • gtac10
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    For anyone that says the trench fighter plane isn't op, here is a clip of me with it on xbox 1: http://xboxclips.com/zdoxx8016/37a8a0bf-2768-49c2-8bc1-a0a7b83e43c9

Note: I made the video, therefore I own it, using it for financial benefit will result in a copyright claim
  • SirBobdk
    5223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gtac10 wrote: »
    Pc pilots seem to be better than console pilots, even though the plane stats are the same, just look at Niccaman
    I just say i don't see it happen so often in CQ. And half the maps are not even plane maps, but more infantry and tank maps.
  • SirBobdk
    For anyone that says the trench fighter plane isn't op, here is a clip of me with it on xbox 1: http://xboxclips.com/zdoxx8016/37a8a0bf-2768-49c2-8bc1-a0a7b83e43c9

Note: I made the video, therefore I own it, using it for financial benefit will result in a copyright claim

This show nothing. You should have been dead within 5 sec with a rear gunner in that attack plane.
    And the trench kill just show how infantry cant deal with planes. 4-5 players close together in the first place a pilot would look.
  • gtac10

This show nothing. You should have been dead within 5 sec with a rear gunner in that attack plane.
    And the trench kill just show how infantry cant deal with planes. 4-5 players close together in the first place a pilot would look.

Actually, if you look closely, just before I got a multi-kill with the cluster bombs, there is an enemy aa gun in use. Also, later that round I disabled an enemy attack plane but then my gun overheated and the rear gunner killed me
  • SirBobdk
    edited April 2017

Actually, if you look closely, just before I got a multi-kill with the cluster bombs, there is an enemy aa gun in use. Also, later that round I disabled an enemy attack plane but then my gun overheated and the rear gunner killed me

ok that clip i saw was just around 15 sec.
    If that AA gun was on E you should also have been dead if the gunner know hov to use it
    It says more about the players than the plane
  • Maestro-FIN
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Comment hidden.

• gtac10

ok that clip i saw was just around 15 sec.
    If that AA gun was on E you should also have been dead if the gunner know hov to use it
    It says more about the players than the plane

True, but a fighter plane shouldn't be able to take out 3 soldiers + 1 sentry with a single cluster-bomb run
  • Trokey66
    8980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Comment hidden.

• Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Comment hidden.

Hey he just started, that's the point, at least he is making an effort to understand air mechanics before making further comments. At least give him credits, he started at 0.6 KPM and it's improving. Rather than critiquing his current status with planes, unless most other plane haters he at least has a semblance of understanding.
  • Trokey66
    edited April 2017
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Comment hidden.

Comment hidden.

Why thank you good Sir, I think ;)

Despite popular belief however, I am not a 'plane hater', just want a balanced game.
  • SirBobdk
    edited April 2017
    @Trokey66 wrote
    If you think 1000% increase between my BF4 attempt and BF1 doesn't indicate an issue, it demonstrates the you are completely biased and don't want your crutches nerf'd.
    Who would have guessed I would be top 7% in anything flying related!?
    First you can't compare BF1 with BF4. If not for the MAA and active noob rader in BF4 it would have been just as easy to fly in BF4 as in BF1.
    Very few are flying or even know how to fly. Top 7% is only a matter of time spending in a plane. And you being in Top 7% just shows how few are flying and how few kills it takes.
    All players can get the same SPM and KDR in a tank. Why should it be so different in a plane and why should it be harder to fly than using a tank.
    People think its easier to counter a tank VS a plane and still tanks are on top 5 of the scoreboard on every map with high spm and kdr. Planes are not.

• StalHamarr
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Again with the BF4 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

We had this little thing called helicopters on bf4.
    You can't compare BF1 planes with BF4 planes. You have to compare BF1 air with BF4 air.

Yes, you didn't get farmed as much by planes on BF4, but you were farmed HARD by littlebirds, while jets were more focused on vehicles. At the same time, scout helicopters also had strong anti-air capabilities.

Planes didn't kill infantry as much, but threats from the air were the same, if not higher on BF4.
  • Maestro-FIN
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    StalHamarr wrote: »
    Again with the BF4 ****.

We had this little thing called helicopters on bf4.
    You can't compare BF1 planes with BF4 planes. You have to compare BF1 air with BF4 air.

Yes, you didn't get farmed as much by planes on BF4, but you were farmed HARD by littlebirds, while jets were more focused on vehicles. At the same time, scout helicopters also had strong anti-air capabilities.

Planes didn't kill infantry as much, but threats from the air were the same, if not higher on BF4.

plus the skill cap were there, you needed to do some practice with little bird to do extremely well.
    bf1 everything is just noobfriendly as possible and that means the skilled ones do extremely well more easily.