Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

  • Micas99
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    So 67 kills for a noob like me is doable on domination, but 140 kills on operations which duration is 3 times as much isn possible for a good player?

    KD for an individual match isn't much of an indicator of anything, that's true. It takes a bit of experience to get a feel for how you're being killed to know that they're actually cheating, and one example isn't much proof of anything because weird things happen all the time. It's recognizing a pattern that can indicate that somebody is cheating. If it feels like you're being basically one-shotted by a LMG from 50 meters by the same guy over and over, than ya, that's when your cheat-o-meter should be pegging. Had that happen recently and checked the guy's stats.. basically a lone-wolf in the top .5% of every statistical category. Dude was cheating, period, and this was very recent so whatever changes were made to the game engine weren't affecting his ability to track targets and bot the crap out of them. The problem, of course, is that the rage-mode cheaters are the minority of the cheaters. The vast majority have a self interest in avoiding the ban hammer.

  • D5RAT
    1999 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    So 67 kills for a noob like me is doable on domination, but 140 kills on operations which duration is 3 times as much isn possible for a good player?

    KD for an individual match isn't much of an indicator of anything, that's true. It takes a bit of experience to get a feel for how you're being killed to know that they're actually cheating, and one example isn't much proof of anything because weird things happen all the time. It's recognizing a pattern that can indicate that somebody is cheating. If it feels like you're being basically one-shotted by a LMG from 50 meters by the same guy over and over, than ya, that's when your cheat-o-meter should be pegging. Had that happen recently and checked the guy's stats.. basically a lone-wolf in the top .5% of every statistical category. Dude was cheating, period, and this was very recent so whatever changes were made to the game engine weren't affecting his ability to track targets and bot the crap out of them. The problem, of course, is that the rage-mode cheaters are the minority of the cheaters. The vast majority have a self interest in avoiding the ban hammer.

    I have to say some people really are that good but scoring 100+ when kd is 10-1 is extremely dodgy unless a glitch or hack is being used . Its funny how after a patch some "pro" players are pretty average but a week later regain their skill . There are guys who have admitted to cheating and they are lev 130 with 400+ hours of play and there are players who FF have banned at lev130
  • Wandereru
    355 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I've been accused of cheating 3 times today. I think people are just going crazy and seeing every lucky shot or unexplained kill a cheat.


    Granted I also have my doubts about some players killing me in odd ways (Invisible guy stabbing me, automatico like shotgun hits, getting killed and post kill UI does not show anyone at all etc.) but regard them as bugs unless proven otherwise (such as a support getting 50 kills in less than 5 minutes and all his hits are headshots from a mile away).
  • D5RAT
    1999 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wandereru wrote: »
    I've been accused of cheating 3 times today. I think people are just going crazy and seeing every lucky shot or unexplained kill a cheat.


    Granted I also have my doubts about some players killing me in odd ways (Invisible guy stabbing me, automatico like shotgun hits, getting killed and post kill UI does not show anyone at all etc.) but regard them as bugs unless proven otherwise (such as a support getting 50 kills in less than 5 minutes and all his hits are headshots from a mile away).

    trouble is there has been so many free undetected cheats up until the November update that people no longer trust the game . Have you noticed the massive increase in low level players ? is that the returning banned ?
  • betarom
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    today i played with a guy on operations. on fort vaux he came out of nowhere killing 6 people in row quick with headshots and his team was able to move to the next sector.
    those hero guys are mostly fishy to me. later his k/d was that bad i stoped thinking about he could cheat.
    on the next operations then, he flew a bomber and left the game with a really high kill score. well how did he do that? skill? 32 Players not kidding, were shooting bullets on his plane and he did not take any damage. if the games on the past days were not that strange as well, i would say a rare glitch boy. but no every single day there is so much fishy going on and those fair great matches are getting more rare day by day. well i will leave this game and the next bf if dice is not going to implement a anti cheat like punkbuster. bye.
  • ilijabrdar
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yesterday while I was playing, I got a head-shot through the house, i.e. wall of the house. super sniper, ha! with some 300 m.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Could have been through the windows or some lag was involved.
    I get shot at around the corner alot.
  • Rossctone
    31 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they dont fix this cheating problem, im not going to buy any Ea game.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rossctone wrote: »
    If they dont fix this cheating problem, im not going to buy any Ea game.

    You wanna fix the cheat problem?
    Buy a console.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Th3St1ng wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    I did mention i don’t know wether he/she was cheating as i wasnt there to spectate.
    Just saying you can’t tell by just looking at the scoreboard.

    As for the guy going 67-3, that was me.
    And i am very sure i do not cheat.
    Chech my stats and you will find out scores like that are very rare... but they happen even for me with my average 1.88 KDR.

    ProLegion_exor has an average of infantry 13KDR lately and he is on a console i am pretty sure he pulls of those scores pretty often.

    Yes fair enough man.. 67 kills is very doable.. it's the godlike players pulling 120+ kills regularly.. the scores on the enemy team can be a tell-tail sign something isn't quite right.. not talking about low - average players but good lvl 100-130s and they are all in negative KD while one or two godly untouchables on the opposing team dance around dropping everyone and seem to know where everyone is at all times. Spectated one such 'pro' the other day. Aim was highly suspect as was their health. Zero recoil on an average gun.. tracking through walls and killing as soon as players popped around objects. Player was reported and moved on to another server. No doubt some cheating was involved. Watching to see if and when a ban gets handed down.

    So 67 kills for a noob like me is doable on domination, but 140 kills on operations which duration is 3 times as much isn possible for a good player?

    As i said, maybe it was a cheater.
    But i need more then a score to accuse someone.

    I have seen a guy go 30-0 and got revived 25 times during my spectating.

    Not on operations and in around 30 minutes. Not just a one off either... mostly lone wolf with eyes in the back of their head and superhuman health!

    We need more useful stats analysis tools like back in the day. Too easy to remain under the radar in BF1 without those. Imagine if BE was being used.. or any half decent clientside for that matter but they thought it would be a better idea to leave that out of BF1.. makes no sense. At least implement BE on private servers as an option until the in-house AC is ready to roll.

  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Th3St1ng wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Th3St1ng wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    I did mention i don’t know wether he/she was cheating as i wasnt there to spectate.
    Just saying you can’t tell by just looking at the scoreboard.

    As for the guy going 67-3, that was me.
    And i am very sure i do not cheat.
    Chech my stats and you will find out scores like that are very rare... but they happen even for me with my average 1.88 KDR.

    ProLegion_exor has an average of infantry 13KDR lately and he is on a console i am pretty sure he pulls of those scores pretty often.

    Yes fair enough man.. 67 kills is very doable.. it's the godlike players pulling 120+ kills regularly.. the scores on the enemy team can be a tell-tail sign something isn't quite right.. not talking about low - average players but good lvl 100-130s and they are all in negative KD while one or two godly untouchables on the opposing team dance around dropping everyone and seem to know where everyone is at all times. Spectated one such 'pro' the other day. Aim was highly suspect as was their health. Zero recoil on an average gun.. tracking through walls and killing as soon as players popped around objects. Player was reported and moved on to another server. No doubt some cheating was involved. Watching to see if and when a ban gets handed down.

    So 67 kills for a noob like me is doable on domination, but 140 kills on operations which duration is 3 times as much isn possible for a good player?

    As i said, maybe it was a cheater.
    But i need more then a score to accuse someone.

    I have seen a guy go 30-0 and got revived 25 times during my spectating.

    Not on operations and in around 30 minutes. Not just a one off either... mostly lone wolf with eyes in the back of their head and superhuman health!

    We need more useful stats analysis tools like back in the day. Too easy to remain under the radar in BF1 without those. Imagine if BE was being used.. or any half decent clientside for that matter but they thought it would be a better idea to leave that out of BF1.. makes no sense. At least implement BE on private servers as an option until the in-house AC is ready to roll.

    To be fair mate if a game goes the distance IE time caps on frontlines or operations I can easily knock a 100 kills up, you’ve seen it yourself. It’s unlikely but not impossible.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2018
    Oskool_007 wrote:
    This is the second time you've told me that, and again I refer you to what the cheat developers are saying about DICE's new in-house anti-cheat measures.

    There's a reason no more public cheats exist and there's been a sizable reduction in cheating since the October patch, and it has nothing to do with FairFight.

    Well until you stop posting inaccurate information I will continue to correct your statements.

    DICE added encryption (obfuscation) to some of BF1's core files and data. It's a minor, placeholder deterrent. It is in no way equal to "releasing an anti-cheat software". EA is the one developing the new AC. It supposed to pushed out for all EA PC games. Incursions is the test platform.

    Furthermore how do you know if FF has been tweaked/modified or not? You don't.
    How do you know if the game server software itself hasn't been modified to scrutinize data further? You don't.

    Yet you continue to claim X, Y and Z based on what a 3rd party is "Guessing" at.
    D5RAT wrote:
    No saying it will be implemented in standard multiplayer though . It may be a standalone for competition play
    Just seen some great news that EA appear to be going after the cheat software writers .A very well known cheat writer who has a account in the same name as his hack site names just posted that his "clean" 400 hour playtime account has been banned with EA stating the reason was his account was connected to the development of cheats in Battlefield 1,They permanently suspended his access to the online features of all EA games. .class

    Everything that's being posted via EA and DICE states the AC will be a standalone client based install...similar to BE and PB. It will have its own update cycle. Some of the base fundamental elements have been setup in the incursion core, but have not been pushed to any other MP asset. Minor adjustments such as encryption based obfuscation have been.

    You won't see any of the heavy lifting until there's a standalone installer.

    Sidenote ... it's great they finally took steps against one of the writers.


    Sidenote 2.... PubG and BattlEye
    Ran into a aimbotter Friday. I''ve got an 2x scope and can barely see the guy peek shooting (100m - 150m). I'm expecting he's at least got a 2x or 4x acog. Everytime he peeks he hits...changes window .. peeks and hits. I'm not talking about a long peek.

    Death cam
    Red dot, snap aim. Even when I change my position after he ducks back. He'd shoot, hit .. I move 8-10 feet to a different corner. completely out of view on my move. I position up, scope in on the windows. Peek, shot, hit.

    One of his peek shots you can watch the crosshairs being dragged to me after the shot is fired.

    BattlEye must've been elsewhere on Friday... :shrug:
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Revokah wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Rossctone wrote: »
    If they dont fix this cheating problem, im not going to buy any Ea game.

    You wanna fix the cheat problem?
    Buy a console.

    What terrible advice

    I know man, but people complain about cheats in bf1 like its a DICE problem.
    Ok, the poor anti cheat wasnt the best choice but in the end all pc mp games have cheats.
    They should stop acting like pubg is clean and bf1 is infested.
    It’s a pc problem unfortunately.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    866 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ''BattlEye must've been elsewhere on Friday

    It was on the moon, banning aliens eating cheese....or something....nowhere near Erangel or Miramar.
    And not only on Fridays.....most of the week it's flying around in Bejing...only returning 8:54 Monday to 9:07, tossing out a 100K ish load of morons ....before blasting off on new adventures.
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Well until you stop posting inaccurate information I will continue to correct your statements.

    I fail to see how my statement about DICE beginning to roll out their in-house anti-cheat is inaccurate. The cheat developers have certainly noticed the changes. Encrypted entities and return address checks. I've also noticed BF1 scanning my hard drive while I play the game.
    Yet you continue to claim X, Y and Z based on what a 3rd party is "Guessing" at.

    How else do you expect us to get information about DICE's anti-cheat efforts. We're not going to hear anything from DICE regarding their anti-cheat developments, because their policy is to not talk about their anti-cheat.

    We don't even get ban messages displayed anymore. DICE doesn't tell us anything. The only way to find out what's going on is to reverse engineer the game yourself, or read what other people are saying who have reverse engineered the game.
    DICE added encryption (obfuscation) to some of BF1's core files and data. It's a minor, placeholder deterrent. It is in no way equal to "releasing an anti-cheat software". EA is the one developing the new AC. It supposed to pushed out for all EA PC games. Incursions is the test platform.

    It's impressive that only a small part of DICE's in-house anti-cheat has been released, yet it has managed to do more to prevent cheating than FairFight ever has. It really shows us how ineffective FairFight has been since the very beginning.
    Furthermore how do you know if FF has been tweaked/modified or not? You don't.
    How do you know if the game server software itself hasn't been modified to scrutinize data further? You don't.

    FairFight has been in the game for over a year now. It didn't stop public cheats. Cheating has always been bad in this game. It doesn't make sense FairFight would suddenly get better after a year of being horrible.

    No, that's not what happened. What suddenly changed was DICE started rolling out their in-house anti-cheat measures with the October 2017 patch. Once that happened, free to download public cheats went extinct and there's been a sharp reduction in cheating for the last couple of months.

    But now that cheat developers are coming to grips with these new changes, cheating is on the rise again. I've enjoyed playing the game these last few months. It's been like a completely different game without cheaters ruining it, but I've noticed it's coming to an end.
    Everything that's being posted via EA and DICE states the AC will be a standalone client based install...similar to BE and PB. It will have its own update cycle. Some of the base fundamental elements have been setup in the incursion core, but have not been pushed to any other MP asset. Minor adjustments such as encryption based obfuscation have been.

    I haven't seen anything posted by EA/DICE about a standalone anti-cheat. If what you say is true then I look forward to it's deployment and hopefully it's effective at stopping the majority of cheaters.

    I have my doubts though. I'd be surprised if EA's anti-cheat team is anywhere near the size of BattlEye's team.
  • buster126
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The ones I see very often are damage multipliers. Pilots usually have this, They swing behind me and somehow shoot me from full health + emergency repair within 3 seconds. I'm a pretty good pilot, I can't come close to that lol I also love the godlike tankers who can shoot me out of the sky CONSISTANTLY from insane altitudes and speeds. A lucky shot is a lucky shot, but doing it every couple minutes is ridiculous.

    On the flip side I've been accused of cheating recently, I believe I was a sniper and took out a whole platoon by myself in close quarters as they tried to rush my position. I guess that's cheating.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ''BattlEye must've been elsewhere on Friday

    It was on the moon, banning aliens eating cheese....or something....nowhere near Erangel or Miramar.
    And not only on Fridays.....most of the week it's flying around in Bejing...only returning 8:54 Monday to 9:07, tossing out a 100K ish load of morons ....before blasting off on new adventures.
    Yeah I found it odd that the prior Tuesday (3 days past) a patch released and they nuked 100,000 accounts. Only to run into a highly "susceptible" player come Friday.


    @Oskool_007 This is what I was referring to.
    Oskool_007 wrote:
    The biggest weakness with DICE's new in-house anti-cheat solution is it rarely gets updated. Only when a new patch drops it gets updated.

    The issue I have with the statement is it implies that DICE released an in-house anti-cheat solution.
    1. DICE has not released any AC software solution. They only encrypted a few files to slow the onslaught. Encryption is obfuscation, not a long term solution.
    2. EA is the developer of the new Anti-Cheat...which is still being developed. AND it hasn't been released in any shape or form into BF1 other than exclusively with Incursions. What bits have been merged with Incursions are only core hooks and placeholders. No real AC detection or prevention has been added to it.

  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Rev0verDrive did you have any insight on the new in-house anti-cheat?

    You got a good feeling about it?
    Wil it run alongside FF?
    Because it seems FF has become better.
    I mean, some actual feedback from a dev would be highly appreciated even though i know they like to keep details top secret.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The secrecy of these teams such as Dice and bungie is so bloody annoying your left in the dark wondering all the time. If someone come out and said look we know there’s a problem this is what it is and this is what we are trying to do to change it and make it right. But nooooooo, as mentioned I’ve played with a chap who I’ve always thought he’s dodgy, insanely poor accuracy with a really accurate weapon then all of a sudden a new weapon comes out that’s notoriously bad for accuracy and he’s getting like 5/6% better accuracy with it :/ he’s just been handed a weeks ban, he says the same as every good player that’s been banned, oh it’s fair fight been garbage and me being too good for fair fight... funny how I’m not banned for been too good yet we consistently hit similar scores, kdrs etc etc...
This discussion has been closed.