Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

• Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2018
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    Revokah wrote: »
    Back to the meaning of the thread since this new anti cheat has come in has anyone else noticed massive performance drop?

Yap.

I see a drop.

I’ve had to OC the living ... out of my system it get it back to where it were :neutral:
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    D5RAT wrote: »
    Micas99 wrote: »
    ADVANTedge wrote: »
    I know hackers personally, and you're only looking at a small fraction of the obvious hackers that rune the game, you haven't seen the larger community that simply toggles ESP is astounding like you wouldn't believe. recently though, EA has somehow given BF4 servers the ability to kick known cheaters rather than blast their name in chat by the detection system so hopefully they'll give the greenlight to do that here as well. Do we even have a Community rep to comment on this?

Finally, somebody that gets it. From reading this thread, it seems like most people only consider someone a cheater if the player is going on a head-shot bot killing spree. Most cheaters don't want to get caught. Some use a bot configured to rarely get a head shot, and have a certain percentage of flat out misses. Some only use ESP, which is a huge advantage in its own right, while being careful how they track. The vast majority of players on a server have zero clue that they're playing with cheaters.

I'm not sure what this change to BF4 is that you mention. Known BF4 cheaters are banned by meta, and prevented from playing on servers that stream the metabans. That's why you'd find servers that stream metabans are far cleaner than any BF1 game. In BF4, you can record a cheater, or present a case based on statistics, and within a few hours that player will be banned and unable to join any servers that stream the ban, as long as you made your case. It's community policing and it works really well. EA didn't like that loss of control, so you get the RSP in BF1. I've made 8 metaban requests in the past couple months in BF4, all resulted in bans, so players no longer joining rented servers that stream the bans. It's glorious. But even with the meta process, players that just run ESP are rarely ever banned unless they're so stupid to constantly track targets through walls. The most popular cheating method in BF4 is AHK for no-recoil and ESP. They'll never get caught. The non-idiots can still cheat in BF4, just as they can continually cheat in BF1.

Probably the funniest thing in BF1 now is some guy going with say, 2-1 KD (which seems very normal), but sense something fishy. Go look to see if he has a metaban, and sure enough.. yup. Metabans are cross-game for those that are supported, which would have totally hosed a bunch of players going from BF4 to BF1, which is probably the reason why the RSP in BF1 is so bad now. EA is totally not down with players self-policing because of the "cheaters are customers too" philosophy.

I understand where you are coming from but a few facts about the BF4 anticheats Fairfight and Punkbuster
    1) Metabans is a third party streaming site that logs cheats banned by punkbuster and also on evidence from server admins . I could be wrong but I think it went bust and is no longer about. its the same as PBBANS and GGC which also logs Punkbuster kicks even if they are not global bans .They have no affiliation to Punkbuster which EA didn't like.
    2)AHK is now detected since last BF1 last patch and AHK has no ESP , It has uniform colour changers (chams)You cant see through walls .
    3)Totally agree with last paragraph

Not to be antagonistic, but your "facts" are wrong.
    1) "Metabans" are created by multiple services (BF4DB, 247Fairplay, etc.), which aggregate data to issue bans, which are then streamed to subscribing BF4 servers. There are multiple sources of data with which to issue a ban, be it Fair Fight, Punkbuster, or individuals. A local server ban does not necessarily result in a metaban. Admins may ban someone for being a jerk, but it does not result in a metaban. I can log a report on BF4DB, it is investigated, and a metaban may be issued. BF4DB did go down for a while, but last year was completely revamped by another group, exists now, and is extremely effective in weeding out cheaters from subscribing servers. As I said, I made 8 reports recently that resulted in BF4 (and other streamed games) bans. Clearly EA does not like 3rd parties banning players from rented servers, hence the change to the RSP.
    2) I understand AHK is detected in BF1. If you read what I wrote, I said that AHK + ESP (client side hack) is the most popular cheat method in BF4.
  • FrozenCamel
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018

I know hackers personally, and you're only looking at a small fraction of the obvious hackers that rune the game, you haven't seen the larger community that simply toggles ESP is astounding like you wouldn't believe. recently though, EA has somehow given BF4 servers the ability to kick known cheaters rather than blast their name in chat by the detection system so hopefully they'll give the greenlight to do that here as well. Do we even have a Community rep to comment on this?

Finally, somebody that gets it. From reading this thread, it seems like most people only consider someone a cheater if the player is going on a head-shot bot killing spree. Most cheaters don't want to get caught. Some use a bot configured to rarely get a head shot, and have a certain percentage of flat out misses. Some only use ESP, which is a huge advantage in its own right, while being careful how they track. The vast majority of players on a server have zero clue that they're playing with cheaters.

I'm not sure what this change to BF4 is that you mention. Known BF4 cheaters are banned by meta, and prevented from playing on servers that stream the metabans. That's why you'd find servers that stream metabans are far cleaner than any BF1 game. In BF4, you can record a cheater, or present a case based on statistics, and within a few hours that player will be banned and unable to join any servers that stream the ban, as long as you made your case. It's community policing and it works really well. EA didn't like that loss of control, so you get the RSP in BF1. I've made 8 metaban requests in the past couple months in BF4, all resulted in bans, so players no longer joining rented servers that stream the bans. It's glorious. But even with the meta process, players that just run ESP are rarely ever banned unless they're so stupid to constantly track targets through walls. The most popular cheating method in BF4 is AHK for no-recoil and ESP. They'll never get caught. The non-idiots can still cheat in BF4, just as they can continually cheat in BF1.

Probably the funniest thing in BF1 now is some guy going with say, 2-1 KD (which seems very normal), but sense something fishy. Go look to see if he has a metaban, and sure enough.. yup. Metabans are cross-game for those that are supported, which would have totally hosed a bunch of players going from BF4 to BF1, which is probably the reason why the RSP in BF1 is so bad now. EA is totally not down with players self-policing because of the "cheaters are customers too" philosophy.

Metabans sucks period.. Only idiot admins use metabans.. I have case many years ago when i get banned with 15 other very good players by some nut case admin who runs metaban service. Now funny part i used to run my 2 servers always full and he come to play regularly.. I never banned him for what he did to us.. EA is right not allowing this creepy services to become standards for Battlefield.. No one in right mind wants metabans in Battlefield..
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Been having a rough da
    GOGUMANDU wrote: »
    name/shame whatever. why is DICE so concerned about protecting cheaters, ignoring legit players suffered from those cheater? I cannot understand. Are they worrying about losing bf1 players for cheater? is that it?

You do understand most gaming forums have this rules right? Theres a reason for it . Its to prevent witch hunts and pure toxicity on the fourms. I wish people would get it through there thick skulls for once that the world doesnt revolve around them and there demands.

Metabans sucks period.. Only idiot admins use metabans.. I have case many years ago when i get banned woth 15 other very good players by some nut case admin who runs metaban service. Now funny part i used to run my 2 servers always full and he come to play regularly.. I never banned him for what he did to us.. EA is right not allowing this creepy services to become standards for Battlefield.. No one in right mind wants metabans in Battlefield..

Agreed, if you can’t 100% prove someone is hacking then you can not ban them from playing. I’ve never heard of meta bans but personally if I got banned by someone who claimed I was cheating, I wouldn’t be very pleased at all. Have noticed the hackusations have started to creep back in. Was fun whilst it lasted eh.
  • FrozenCamel
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Problem with metabans is if you get banned on one server that use metabans you automatically have been baned on others who stream from same metabans service.. Noy example you get banned on one server you also become banned on 10 others.. Imagine if they ban good players for nothing.. EA was right this is most stupid service i ever seen..

• Revokah
    Yeah that’s just crazy, so many butt hurt people out there that do ruin it for the good players
  • FrozenCamel
    Yeah that’s just crazy, so many butt hurt people out there that do ruin it for the good players

I see so many good players banned its unreal.. I have been banned too for no reason.. Any admin that use metabans service don't know jack how to run servers...
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People that cheat do find metabans to be very annoying because the threshold for determining what is a cheat is lower than with EA, which is, coincidentally, why there are still a lot of cheats in BF1. The fact is, it's pretty difficult to prove a case to the level that BF4DB would issue a metaban. You need a convincing video recording, which is difficult to get because paid hacks will inform the cheater that they are being specced. Or, you need very compelling statistics, such as an impossible head shot kill ratio over a long period of time, and/or evidence of a damage hack... or impossible accuracy. The ban criteria benefits the cheater (innocent until proven guilty) in order to minimize false bans, so if you do manage to convince them to issue a metaban on another player, it's because the player was basically raging. I regularly play BF4 against certain players I'm convinced are using ESP + no-recoil, but there's no way I can prove that.

It's also true that metabans are not issued for using no-recoil scripts because it's basically impossible to know if the player actually does have the skill to control recoil like a script, which is something I personally disagree with. If someone goes an entire match with the exact same recoil control, that's not humanly possible. Stil, they err on the side of caution. Metabans only apply to servers that individuals rent and configure to stream the bans, and admins of rented servers are free to ban anyone they want for any reason. They pay for the server after all. Cheaters are still welcome to play on all other servers.

So the inability to self-police, and the inability for EA/Dice to actually prevent client side hacks, has resulted in the situation we have now in BF1. EA even made it more difficult to collect reliable and coherent statistics, which is evident if you compare player profiles between BF4DB and battlefield tracker. I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by the state of the game when the CEO came right out and said they want to sell MP games to cheaters. I'm still completely blown away by that, especially when you see what other companies are doing in order to remove cheaters from playing their games.
  • FrozenCamel
    edited February 2018
    Metabans don't ban people nor determine who was cheating.. Metaban is service that share ban list between servers who use metaban streaming.. First you get banned by server Admin for example who use Procon tool and then if he have script installed inside Procon that allows him to stream your ban to metabans than your ban become recorded in Metaban list and shared between servers who use that same metaban services.. Again Metaban don't and can't determine if you cheating.
  • Revokah

I see so many good players banned its unreal.. I have been banned too for no reason.. Any admin that use metabans service don't know jack how to run servers...

Yep it’s stupid there’s hardly any Dom or frontlines private servers I can play on now :( it’s almost insulting to get thrown under the same bus as a cheater after spending hours on end getting better
  • FrozenCamel
    edited February 2018
    Its like we have thousands of private servers lol problem with you was your bailing out witch affect your stats.. When i check yor stats i see some numbers w/l very different let say not normal.. I know when i saw that what you doing but admins in Battlefield may not have expirence with this and may ban you for that thiking how you use cheat.. Honestly i found many admins in BF to be novice and dont have clue what was going on or how to manage servers.. I even see admins playing besides cheaters not knowing what was going on.. No wonder why they banning good players for no reason in this case players probably like you

• JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Metabans don't ban people nor determine who was cheating.. Metaban is service that share ban list between servers who use metaban streaming.. First you get banned by server Admin for example who use Procon tool and then if he have script installed inside Procon that allows him to stream your ban to metabans than your ban become recorded in Metaban list and shared between servers who use that same metaban services.. Again Metaban don't and can't determine if you cheating.

Correct, and thats exactly why many people didn't like meta bans. Admins would all too easily use a persons/servers ban list whom they befriended, unknowning that those people have poor judgement. Whilst there were a few reliable people using Metabans, the majority were of the bad loser category.
  • Micas99
    That's simply not how metabans work.
  • FrozenCamel
    edited February 2018
    That's simply not how metabans work.

That's exactly how meta bans works.. First Ban player then stream his ban to Metaban list and he was automatically banned on all servers that use this creepy service.. Any experience gaming Admin will avoid any Metabans or any other service that act like Metabans.. Btw Metabans is not active service anymore.. Good idea bad implementation and prone to massive abuse.. EA will never suport this i can guarantee you that 100%
  • Revokah
    Its like we have thousands of private servers lol problem with you was your bailing out witch affect your stats.. When i check yor stats i see some numbers w/l very different let say not normal.. I know when i saw that what you doing but admins in Battlefield may not have expirence with this and may ban you for that thiking how you use cheat.. Honestly i found many admins in BF to be novice and dont have clue what was going on or how to manage servers.. I even see admins playing besides cheaters not knowing what was going on.. No wonder why they banning good players for no reason in this case players probably like you

Suppose all my other stats are padded like my 45% accuracy with FH,my 60% headshot rate with gewehr 98, my 4.2 infantry kdr, or my 3800 spm just to name a few lol you really don’t realise that it’s like 1 out of probably 25 games I leave...
  • FrozenCamel
    edited February 2018

Suppose all my other stats are padded like my 45% accuracy with FH,my 60% headshot rate with gewehr 98, my 4.2 infantry kdr, or my 3800 spm just to name a few lol you really don’t realise that it’s like 1 out of probably 25 games I leave...

:)
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I play an average of 2 games a day, of which i always lose the 1st one because we are behind approx 500 points the noment i enter.
    No need to manipulate my w/l ratio since the game does that for me already ;)
  • Revokah
    IllIllIII wrote: »

I play an average of 2 games a day, of which i always lose the 1st one because we are behind approx 500 points the noment i enter.

Yeah I get that same BS too, the amount I leave probably doesn’t count for the losses I get from joining already decided games, you’ve played with me, you know what the score is :P
  • D5RAT
    2003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How does metabans use Fairfight ? There are no ban lists .Gameblocks do not allow 3rd party use of their data . Anyway the majority of server admin use Pbbans
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »

Yeah I get that same BS too, the amount I leave probably doesn’t count for the losses I get from joining already decided games, you’ve played with me, you know what the score is :P

Yup, always nice to tag along with you towards the victory :)
This discussion has been closed.