Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    this is a joke now, a laughing joke.....
    so many cheaters, some games have like half of teams aimboting and wall hacking......
    byeee....take care folks..... as much as i hated COD before, i finally gave in and bought it, no way near the amount oc cheaters u find on this game
    Ah, and Russia+China is region locked on steam on ALL cods, starting from January 2018, so theres that !

Please COD has built in wall hacks and auto aim as standard that's the only reason you think it's better. Oh and what are it's player numbers on PC?? on average 7.5 k a day for COD WW2.

Every game is going to have hackers. That is not the problem. The problem is the lack of effective anti-cheat in BF 1.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    New announcement on cheating in BF1;
    https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/anti-cheat-in-battlefield-1

It's a decent start, though the only way to know how effective the changes are is by monitoring the cheat sites. I don't think there's much reason to have FF messages in-game, but it's really not a big deal. It's just weird to have "some players were banned" in game. I suppose it might cause cheaters to reconsider cheating I guess.

I have a feeling that this thread, and maybe some threads on reddit, are what lead to the focus on AC, including the increased transparency from EA/Dice on the issue. It's taken ages to get here, but it's great they are starting to get a handle on the problem. Nice to see they have a guy (Sean Merson) working on cheating as a producer, and a dedicated team of engineers. If they get it working reliably it'll be a big boon to PC gaming and sell more future PC titles. We shall see.
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    First game today, another very obvious headshot aimbotter. Upon checking his stats he's been cheating for over 130 matches, nearly 20 hours of playtime. You'd think a blatant aimbotter would be caught within an hour.
    Meanwhile another obvious aimbot cheater that I reported back in July is also still playing...
    Reading that article about their anti-cheat efforts only makes me laugh in disbelief and disappointment.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Metabans don't ban people nor determine who was cheating.. Metaban is service that share ban list between servers who use metaban streaming.. First you get banned by server Admin for example who use Procon tool and then if he have script installed inside Procon that allows him to stream your ban to metabans than your ban become recorded in Metaban list and shared between servers who use that same metaban services.. Again Metaban don't and can't determine if you cheating.

Procon has nothing to do with metabans itself, it was a way to implement it but nothing else.
    Procon is a very good tool for statslogging, setting up own rules on your server with different plugins, a lot of players make their own plugins to suit their needs for specialized serversettings that DICE didnt have the brains to do.

https://forum.myrcon.com/forum.php

Not entirely true, Metabans was, I repeat WAS a service for server-owners to ban or investigate players while sharing their info to other server owners, EA has nothing to do with it, and never complained about it (geez no, they cant do anything about cheaters anyway... or won't).

If you rented a server and installed metabans you could become a "follower" on another metabans-admin if you liked to.
    You could then set the level of following them by keywords like "cheating, glitching,abusive language .... what ever you liked.
    A lot ONLY followed bans with the information called cheating. Also, a lot did NOT follow anyone else. If you look at all the anticheatsites, they all make their bans public metabans was no different than the rest.
    The admins on metabans itself, was a group of players (also admins on their own servers, most of them) did not lift bans or issue them, the basically made sure admins on servers followed the ruleset about ban-appeals, made sure there was a contact available for players to write to on the different serverowners. A lot of serverowners who did NOT set up contact info was dumped from metabans.

That admin group was very democratic and demanded the same of their admins using the service and being slapped around after all that time of doing something for free is IMO ... not nice, that wasnt the word I'd use for real but here theres also rules for language ;)

Hence @tempo_rarity 's monky Cody isnt available to slap the 2-bit **** cheating some one else has to do it, metabans was just one of them all, and was for a long time doing a very good job.

@Pamela_hot_girl I always learned, that if you take a whip and slash it into a pack of dogs, its always the dog you hit that howls ......

• IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most of the people that got banned by admin are just good players.
    People rent a server to keep out the good players and not the cheaters.

Salty badmins.
  • D5RAT
    2010 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »

Salty badmins.

they pay the money they make the choice
  • BFV_SU3KS
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People rent servers for noobs and most admins are noobs too.. End of story..
  • Axlerod1
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2018
  • BFV_SU3KS
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol but honestly dice cant ban no one anymore...Article said this: In a blog post titled “Keeping the Fight Fair,” the developer stated that it sanctioned 8,500 cheaters in the month of October....

After they banned 8500 cheaters i quit this game unable to play on any West Coast servers same with Asian servers do to massive cheating. I wonder why or who was 8500 banned people..Obviously not cheaters or this game have paranormal cheating problem..
  • Monranian
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The new Dice official comment is definitely a friendly gesture towards us players who don't use cheats.

Here's genuine hoping that there will be real substance (aka improved anti-cheat, salty-cuz-banned cheaters) following that comment.
  • Mikex2112
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There is a very simple fix for this cheating problem in BF1.
    -

GIVE PROCON/RCON BACK TO THE COMMUNITY EA !!!!
    -
    There,cheating problem fixed !

• BFV_SU3KS
    Well 8500 doesn't look promising at all...Look this stats banned 1 million cheating players and still have problems lol

“We have banned over 1,044,000 PUBG cheaters in January alone,” BattleEye said on Twitter. “Unfortunately things continue to escalate.”
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    D5RAT wrote: »

Salty badmins.

True, but some in this forum say thats what gonna keep out the cheater from their server.
    Infact those admins rent servers because the suck themselfs and with the power of banning people they can create an environment where they are good too.

Way to many madcuzbad players in bf1 to give them this power.
    Just join DICE servers exclusively.
  • Confucius_o_
    1870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    p

Salty badmins.

True, but some in this forum say thats what gonna keep out the cheater from their server.
    Infact those admins rent servers because the suck themselfs and with the power of banning people they can create an environment where they are good too.

I think you'll find most created their own server because it formed from a need of a community to have servers with settings that they felt were more conducive to the game.
    That was when admins had the option s to configure, when pc gaming was proper.
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    Micas99 wrote: »

I have a feeling that this thread, and maybe some threads on reddit, are what lead to the focus on AC, including the increased transparency from EA/Dice on the issue.

It's nice to see DICE communicate with the community about cheating. I'm glad they're clamping down on it and I've definitely noticed a lot less cheating in BF1 since October 2017.

I still see a few cheaters, but it's much less now that public cheats are no longer available to download for free.

Unfortunately, the January 30 2018 game patch is causing random CPU spikes on i5 6600 4core processors. I don't know if it's the new anti-cheat encryption measures causing the spikes or if it's something else like the laggy UI causing it.

I installed 3 different versions of windows (Win8.1, Win10 1607, Win10 1709) and none of them fixed the random CPU spikes during gameplay. Never had any spikes prior to January 30 2018 patch.
  • IllIllIII
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    p

Salty badmins.

I think you'll find most created their own server because it formed from a need of a community to have servers with settings that they felt were more conducive to the game.
    That was when admins had the option s to configure, when pc gaming was proper.

I remember servers from bf4, where the rules was a list so big it couldn’t fit your screen.
    Every weapon or gadget that killed the server badmin appeared on that list.

I am sure there are good servers out there that have nice admin, but they are few..
  • D5RAT
    2010 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oskool_007 wrote: »

I have a feeling that this thread, and maybe some threads on reddit, are what lead to the focus on AC, including the increased transparency from EA/Dice on the issue.

It's nice to see DICE communicate with the community about cheating. I'm glad they're clamping down on it and I've definitely noticed a lot less cheating in BF1 since October 2017.

I still see a few cheaters, but it's much less now that public cheats are no longer available to download for free.

Unfortunately, the January 30 2018 game patch is causing random CPU spikes on i5 6600 4core processors. I don't know if it's the new anti-cheat encryption measures causing the spikes or if it's something else like the laggy UI causing it.

I installed 3 different versions of windows (Win8.1, Win10 1607, Win10 1709) and none of them fixed the random CPU spikes during gameplay. Never had any spikes prior to January 30 2018 patch.

I'm noticing the spike to 100% usage even on my i7 now it seems to happen as the game loads in and for a couple of seconds after the game has loaded.. and then the CPU usage returns to its usual 80%. I do think this is some sort of anti cheat check as the game starts
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I'm noticing the spike to 100% usage even on my i7 now it seems to happen as the game loads in and for a couple of seconds after the game has loaded.. and then the CPU usage returns to its usual 80%. I do think this is some sort of anti cheat check as the game starts

Yep I’m noticing spikes too, even my 7700k at 5.00ghz is still using a much higher % than what it used too
  • BFV_SU3KS
    Dice banning cheaters in Disneyland ! Looks like fake news to me...
This discussion has been closed.