Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

• MachoFantast1c0
    2060 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One of the most positive signs on this matter is that DICE devs are publicly posting about it on social media under their own names. I don't think they'd be doing that unless they are fairly certain that they have at least partial successes under their belts, and a road map for going further. Otherwise they would be setting themselves up for quite an embarrassment.
  • D5RAT
    2003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One of the most positive signs on this matter is that DICE devs are publicly posting about it on social media under their own names. I don't think they'd be doing that unless they are fairly certain that they have at least partial successes under their belts, and a road map for going further. Otherwise they would be setting themselves up for quite an embarrassment.

Dice and embarrassment go hand in hand
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Right now I'd prefer they fixed the abysmal performance introduced in the latest patch.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    Right now I'd prefer they fixed the abysmal performance introduced in the latest patch.

Can’t say i suffer from the changes that were made.
    But my friend did complain alot last friday and he has a i5 6600k compared with my i7 8700k.
  • D5RAT
    2003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »

But my friend did complain alot last friday and he has a i5 6600k compared with my i7 8700k.

I would be really annoyed if a 8700k was getting stomped on by this game . Lol . I'm sure Dice think everyone should have one :)
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    D5RAT wrote: »

I would be really annoyed if a 8700k was getting stomped on by this game . Lol . I'm sure Dice think everyone should have one :)

Well, PUBG kinda did that.
    Extremely poor gfx and half the fps :o
  • Sed1Tion
    341 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Lets just say the skill level of a lot of players is on par with me giving my cat a controller. Anyone who can hit another player must be cheating.
  • Strycr
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sed1Tion wrote: »
    Lets just say the skill level of a lot of players is on par with me giving my cat a controller. Anyone who can hit another player must be cheating.

Seems this is the case now, as a lot of the competitive players have moved on thus leaving the average player to see lots of average to bad players in average lobbies. When they come in contact with a half decent player they're immediately percieved as a hacker.

It's paranoia which could have been nulified with a decent anti cheat system, unfortunately DICE chose poorly with fairfight.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    Cheating is still a major problem in FPS games on PC.

I agree with that, but I think we should give EA/Dice some more time to get it worked out. Their recent announcements are a huge shift from where they were (basically pretending there was no problem). If there's no real change in, say, a month from now, then they deserve the full wrath of the community, which includes abandoning their MP games.

I must disagree with you Micas99...This game came out in late 2016...About 15 months ago. They have had plenty of time to implement changes, if they wanted to. The recent announcements are just token appeasement. I do not think that they are going to do anything, or if they do something, it will be another TOKEN gesture...

As someone else said, "Welcome to the 2010s," where we please the distributor and the shareholder. Let's face it, Battlefield has sold probably 90% of the end units that it is going to sell, from a monetary standpoint, why should they put more time and effort (which means, money) into it? To please the customers? Let's face it, the market will deliver more customers, those customers will say, "ooh, shiny," then they will play for three months, then the next "ooh, shiny," will come out, and they will drop the previous game. The intense gamers like the ones that are frequenting this thread, the enthusiasts, are a rare breed.

If I remember the business adage, 20% of your customers take 80% of your effort, the other 80% take 20% of your effort...We are the 20% that is demanding 80% of the effort...The other 80%, that needed 20% of their effort, has moved on.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018

and
    Finally, DICE anti-cheat producer Sean Merson said the studio is constantly coming up with new ways to get prevent cheating and ban those who are breaking the rules. "We will not stop until the community is happy with the results," Merson added.

Let's see, how will they actually determine if the community is happy with the results
    1. Will they read this thread, and ask us?
    2. Will they somehow do a poll in Origin?
    3. Will they pull some numbers from out of nowhere and claim that the community is happy?
  • IllIllIII

and
    Finally, DICE anti-cheat producer Sean Merson said the studio is constantly coming up with new ways to get prevent cheating and ban those who are breaking the rules. "We will not stop until the community is happy with the results," Merson added.

Let's see, how will they actually determine if the community is happy with the results
    1. Will they read this thread, and ask us?
    2. Will they somehow do a poll in Origin?
    3. Will they pull some numbers from out of nowhere and claim that the community is happy?

People rather complain on forums.
    It’s in human nature to complain.
    When someone is happy they will not go to the forums to let everyone know.
  • CaptChimp
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Let's see, 25,000,000 copies sold, 8,500 banned = 0.00034% of players banned. At that rate, I don't think banning cheaters is hurting the company's bottom line.
  • IllIllIII
    How many of those 25m were pc copies?
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    PErhaps I do need to get used to CoD style of gameplay after the last update, but i see more extreme scores now. HIgh K/d rations in game.
  • FrozenCamel
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    FPSgamer69 wrote: »
    PErhaps I do need to get used to CoD style of gameplay after the last update, but i see more extreme scores now. HIgh K/d rations in game.

Hands down for you i don't even play this game anymore... DICE did almost everything to make me hate this game with passion!

• IllIllIII

Hands down for you i don't even play this game anymore... DICE did almost everything to make me hate this game..

Time to leave the forum too....
  • SquaddFather
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I haven’t seen a cheater in long time now but I have come across some really good players that I would like to accuse of hacking but deep down I know they were just good players that really ticked me off
  • FrozenCamel
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hands down for you i don't even play this game anymore... DICE did almost everything to make me hate this game..

Time to leave the forum too....

Yes but i can't leave you.. I have much love for you and you know it :)
  • IamNotThatWhichU
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven’t seen a cheater in long time now but I have come across some really good players that I would like to accuse of hacking but deep down I know they were just good players that really ticked me off

ROFLMAO!

No seriously, that made me giggle.
This discussion has been closed.