Weekly BF

Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

• FierceBrosnan007
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Well BF1 is the first game in over 20 years that has made me quit playing due to zero action being taken against ESP, INJECTORS and many below radar aimbot users. Even some blatant rage aimbots are still playing today, 8 months after first being reported!! It's a slap in the face to all that have supported the franchise since the beginning. PB did a better job in previous titles. FF is useless. I'm with the others who are hanging up the mouse in disgust and won't be purchasing another Dice/EA game unless they implement a working clientside ac in to BF1 that bans the 40+k odd cheaters from various sites. (It's probably more at this point in time.) That's a crazy amount to leave play with their cheats and ruin the fun for everyone else. How many of the 20-25k left playing are among those cheat users.. It's an absolute disgrace.

Over and out from a long time vet.
  • Kauzer_RF
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After new trailer of Battlefront II i decided to play in Battlefront I with my friends. We could not even find a server without cheaters. Record was 3 cheaters in same team. BF1 step by step is going to be the same soon. Devs should integrate a ban system and ban account for cheating, not just on that single server. Look at steam, few days ago they banned 40000 accounts and they dont care about it. Cheating is not accepteble! Please DICe, EA or some one do something with those cheaters, let the people vote for ban or report via game interface!
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    idasBOT wrote: »

you do realise that both, cheating and hackusation, can be limited to the minimum by introducing a proper AC system but sadly there is no will from developers or publisher side. god knows why EA decided to ruin their reputation completly and become an example of 'how NOT to deal with cheating'

AC has its expiration date, which doesn't exceeds the survival of a game. An older game is kept alive by the server community and active admins (preferably smart), so EA is ruining it but for another reason which is the lack of proper private server support (but yeah AC wouldn't hurt 2).

@Farsight_02
    I beg to differ. A false accusation is an annoyance that happens in the chat and can be ignored

I think I said why it can be annoying, I don't hop between servers I just choose 1 and make friends among the community surrounding it (usually after 1 year of more ''casual'' gaming when I just try everything). A strong bond develops between me and the server/people. That doesn't mean there won't be misunderstandings - life (with admins ofc, that you don't get to ever talk to). I laugh at chat hackaccusation and even like when it happens. But a ban on the only 1 map left populated is death sentence in gaming therms. Truth is, never get too good, stay mediocre and don't dominate the admin. Best you can do is pay him for server rental from time to time. That said, I finally made friends with an admin in BF3, and probably will pay him 1 dollar to set the friendship in stone:P
  • IPP-Devil
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why isn't Dice banning hackers the same way Blizzard is doing with Overwatch? There are no hackers in Overwatch because there is a hardware ban. And from what I've read on their forums and others, that it's also an IP ban. So you cant just by another copy or pirate one, and make another account.. They have to buy another computer and change their IP address. By doing this most would be hackers, would think twice before buying hacks.. And the result would be far less hackers both blatant and the sneaky ESP, wall hack users.. Me and my clan play a lot so we see a blatant hacker every other day or so. You know the type, the one that kills you with one bullet when you are a sentry with full health.. Or the ones that kill you trough walls with a pistol from across the map.. If this type of ban was to take effect tomorrow, I bet most of the "beast" players you know would suddenly lose their superhuman awareness.. I'm not complaining.. I still have great games 90% of the time. But I wish Battlefield 1 was cheat free.. So I would know to blame something else when I get killed from a bullet going "through" a huge rock, not over, from a sniper in the distance.. I see some weird deaths.. I have played shooters since the beginning of the genre. I understand when I get outplayed.. It's the weird deaths that bother me. And I play with about 30-45 ping. But I love this game and I would like to see it change for the better.. And Dice how about some weapon and vehicle balance, maybe some "Optimization", before you release another map pack.. Oh, that's right you need to get some more money first..
  • Kunstula
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I wouldn't give Blizzard any credit, I praised them until very recently. I gathered a lot of information in the past months about how the newest cheats work (aimbots in particular) and closely watched how they work and how to recognize them in addition to classic aimbots that pretty much anyone can recognize. Then I watched some the famous 'pro's' gameplay and was shocked to see that their aim shows the exact same unnatural aiming patterns that arise when making use of the newest aimbots. These are people who are sponsored, earn a lot of money and have a large fanbase who honestly believe that these guys are legit and have reached some kind of supernatural level of aiming skill, the kind of skill that I could never even come close to despite 17 years of extensive fps gaming.
    Then I read this: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745055634?page=5
    Looks like it's known that even Blizzard is corrupt.
  • Private_Ryan1918
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ****, after 100s of hours in the game we all know when encountering a cheater, hate this- "he /she might really be good".
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IPP-Devil wrote: »
    There are no hackers in Overwatch because there is a hardware ban.
    Do you know what's awesome about PC's? You can play games on them AND educate yourself using them. I guess you just play games on yours huh?
    -
    1: Overwatch is one of THE most hacked games on the planet. That's a fact, not an opinion. Look it up.
    -
    2: Hardware bans do not work because if someone buys a used PC part, plays a game with it, then finds out that hardware is banned what happens next? Please don't say "don't buy used stuff" cause that would be an extremely narrow and ignorant point of view.
  • BigF33t_13
    6691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Overwatch is a cheatfest son. Most competitive games are. And just like what's said above, hardware bans do not work, ever. Those who cheat for a living just sell their motherboard and buy a new one. Problem solved. Then they are on to the latest, greatest cheat. While the sucker who bought the used mobo finds himself banned for no reason.
  • BAITness
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Perhaps we could at least all agree that it should be easier to report cheaters? Right now it is an enormous hassle if you do not have the origin in game overlay enabled - and I cannot enable that because it annoyingly disables all input for me when outside of menus (not to mention that I find it annoying in the first place, but an annoyance easily tolerated for how much less ridiculous it is to report cheaters).

I rarely bother to report obvious cheaters because I have no faith whatsoever that they will be banned. I have to remember their name exactly, alt-tab, go to origin, click to add a friend, search their name, instead of adding them I have to click report, then I have to fill out the details. All while I am either in game and not participating, in the few seconds between matches, or after I have left the match and can no longer check that I have their name correct.
  • IPP-Devil
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    I play Overwatch competitively. You just don't see hackers often.. I see them in BF1 almost everyday.. I play 6-8 hours a day lately, because of the summer holidays.. And I'm not quick to call "hack".. It's when everyone in my clan or on my team notices something strange.. Being instant killed seems to be a thing recently.. The extra bullet damage.. Maybe the insta kills have something to do with the net code.. Either way it feels cheap...
  • Kauzer_RF
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    At the moment to report a player you need to wait untill round end and then open his profile. Sometimes its impossible beacuse hacker left asap after round ended or because in game origin bugged and does not work . Its too long. Report button should be somewhere in scrore screen or show pop up after RMB click on player's nick for example.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_228 wrote: »
    At the moment to report a player you need to wait untill round end and then open his profile. Sometimes its impossible beacuse hacker left asap after round ended or because in game origin bugged and does not work . Its too long. Report button should be somewhere in scrore screen or show pop up after RMB click on player's nick for example.

With an option like that the hackusations will be out of hand.
  • SirBobdk
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    IllIllIII wrote: »

Yes and no. If you could create a report in game where the system took a screenshoot of the reported players stats and you have to write why it could work, but just a button "report" is to easy and will result in to many false reports.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »

Yes and no. If you could create a report in game where the system took a screenshoot of the reported players stats and you have to write why it could work, but just a button "report" is to easy and will result in to many false reports.

Ok the screenshot would ve nice indeed.
    Maybe even some footage with stats of the cheater.
  • SirBobdk
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    @IllIllIII wrote;
    Maybe even some footage with stats of the cheater.
    Exactly, We are required to show evidence if a report is to be applicable, but the system should be able to generate data that can be used to argue for the report.

When playing a map i would like to select a player and see:
    -Kills
    -KDR
    -HS%,
    -Accuracy
    -Shoots hit / Kills (Average amount of bullets per kill)

Along with an option to report with argument why I believe stats are dodgy.

Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • Stormfirebird
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    I wouldn't give Blizzard any credit, I praised them until very recently. I gathered a lot of information in the past months about how the newest cheats work (aimbots in particular) and closely watched how they work and how to recognize them in addition to classic aimbots that pretty much anyone can recognize. Then I watched some the famous 'pro's' gameplay and was shocked to see that their aim shows the exact same unnatural aiming patterns that arise when making use of the newest aimbots. These are people who are sponsored, earn a lot of money and have a large fanbase who honestly believe that these guys are legit and have reached some kind of supernatural level of aiming skill, the kind of skill that I could never even come close to despite 17 years of extensive fps gaming.
    Then I read this: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745055634?page=5

Maybe that style of aiming isnt a clear indication of cheating after all.
    What you linked is just another witchhunt thread. Since large gaming companies rarely comment on matters like these, its obviously easy to argue they are corrupt, and its just another inductive fallacy. Its obviously not easy to get a game cheat free, especially if big money is involved. I dont claim that OW or any competitive scene for that matter is cheat free, but if you take those old and heavily disputed clips and the discussion around them as solid evidence of a massive cheating problem and corruption you are making more than just a hasty conclusion.
  • Skeater44
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    Overwatch is a cheatfest son. Most competitive games are. And just like what's said above, hardware bans do not work, ever. Those who cheat for a living just sell their motherboard and buy a new one. Problem solved. Then they are on to the latest, greatest cheat. While the sucker who bought the used mobo finds himself banned for no reason.

I don't think that most of the cheaters that are found on the BF1 servers cheat for a living. I know there are a few that test their cheats. So if there was a hardware ban I would think it would still knock out many of the cheaters that are encountered now. Many casual cheaters and kids who have to cheat, IMO, are not going to go through all the trouble of replacing all their hardware more then once, if at all. But I could be wrong, there are a lot of kids that play that I am, sure their parents would take care of things for them. But it would be a heck of a shock to the casual gamer that cheats.
  • Kunstula
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Maybe that style of aiming isnt a clear indication of cheating after all.
    What you linked is just another witchhunt thread. Since large gaming companies rarely comment on matters like these, its obviously easy to argue they are corrupt, and its just another inductive fallacy. Its obviously not easy to get a game cheat free, especially if big money is involved. I dont claim that OW or any competitive scene for that matter is cheat free, but if you take those old and heavily disputed clips and the discussion around them as solid evidence of a massive cheating problem and corruption you are making more than just a hasty conclusion.

No. Those arguments of yours have already been countered, not just by me but by others in this thread as well as that 'witch-hunt' thread. You keep repeating the same story which is based on your own lack of understanding about cheating, as you've demonstrated in this thread many pages ago. The video where the 'pro's' aim keeps jumplocking onto a revived but still invincible lucio is only disputed by people who don't know how to tell (highly) skilled human aim from cheat infused aiming 'skill'. That video was the most obvious proof of aimbot use, but I've seen plenty of people still make up all sort of excuses and come up with all kinds of misplaced or farfetched theories to protect these guys. The truth is that they just can't believe that cheating happens in every sport even on the top-levels and will try to find any kind of rational explanation even though there is none to keep their believe intact. The funny thing is that some of these guys have already been caught before, and yet still people say things like 'He did it then, but that's in the past' or 'That's just how pro's aim'...
    As I've said plenty of times before, I've done a lot of research and I've got many years of experience in fps games. My conclusions are based on that, while yours are based on claims backed up only by rational thought, but no substantial research on the subject and significant experience as a foundation.
  • XupetaNaZaniteta
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Have several cheaters recorded and reported to Dice: *name & shame*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • Stormfirebird
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No. Those arguments of yours have already been countered, not just by me but by others in this thread as well as that 'witch-hunt' thread. You keep repeating the same story which is based on your own lack of understanding about cheating, as you've demonstrated in this thread many pages ago. The video where the 'pro's' aim keeps jumplocking onto a revived but still invincible lucio is only disputed by people who don't know how to tell (highly) skilled human aim from cheat infused aiming 'skill'. That video was the most obvious proof of aimbot use, but I've seen plenty of people still make up all sort of excuses and come up with all kinds of misplaced or farfetched theories to protect these guys. The truth is that they just can't believe that cheating happens in every sport even on the top-levels and will try to find any kind of rational explanation even though there is none to keep their believe intact. The funny thing is that some of these guys have already been caught before, and yet still people say things like 'He did it then, but that's in the past' or 'That's just how pro's aim'...
    As I've said plenty of times before, I've done a lot of research and I've got many years of experience in fps games. My conclusions are based on that, while yours are based on claims backed up only by rational thought, but no substantial research on the subject and significant experience as a foundation.

You cant even argue on a proper level, you are always trying to discredit the other person.
    While it doesnt even look like he actually locks to the model, the videos from that thread are also from the ingame spec as far as im aware. Its just as inacurate as the one in BF1 or at least used to be back then.
    Taking fishy videos as solid evidence doesnt just happen with OW, saw it happen on CS:GO a million times, including the corruption claim.
    Its a logical fallacy until you aquire some actual evidence.
This discussion has been closed.